Magnesium Bicarbonate Coffee/juice

Rah

Was wondering you’re thoughts of using magnesium bicarbonate water for making coffee ( would the coffee filter it out ) and for the diluting concentrated oj.

stokesman

Have you tried it, Rah? Anytime I've mixed magnesium bicarbonate water with juice, it fizzes. As I understand it the fizz is the carbon being is released from the bond with magnesium resulting with magnesium citrate (or malate/tartrate/whatever acids the juice contains). Which may not be as beneficial as the mag bicarbonate, I don't know.

It might be fun to try with coffee. Probably better as pour over, not in a machine since it might make a mess with all the fizz. I'd guess you may end up with some more exotic salt of magnesium like chlorogenate and/or others in the coffee. I don't think the coffee grounds would retain the magnesium anymore than it retains the water (a bit). I also don't know if the heat would drive off any carbon or take the magnesium out of solution during heating of the water. I would guess not to any significant degree.

Rah

Have you tried it, Rah? Anytime I've mixed magnesium bicarbonate water with juice, it fizzes. As I understand it the fizz is the carbon being is released from the bond with magnesium resulting with magnesium citrate (or malate/tartrate/whatever acids the juice contains). Which may not be as beneficial as the mag bicarbonate, I don't know.

It might be fun to try with coffee. Probably better as pour over, not in a machine since it might make a mess with all the fizz. I'd guess you may end up with some more exotic salt of magnesium like chlorogenate and/or others in the coffee. I don't think the coffee grounds would retain the magnesium anymore than it retains the water (a bit). I also don't know if the heat would drive off any carbon or take the magnesium out of solution during heating of the water. I would guess not to any significant degree.

I haven’t tried it with juice yet but plan on trying. I tried it with the Moka pot it tasted fine but in the bottom chamber where you put the water it left what looks like salty cyrstals or something. Just trying to condense my liquids so I can get more nutrients from less.

RealNeat

I haven’t tried it with juice yet but plan on trying. I tried it with the Moka pot it tasted fine but in the bottom chamber where you put the water it left what looks like salty cyrstals or something. Just trying to condense my liquids so I can get more nutrients from less.
That's because when you heat up Mag bicarb too high it becomes Mag carbonate, water and CO2.

stokesman

Well, I guess one could always try cold brewing the coffee, which sounds like something I might like to try.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Magnesium Bicarbonate Ask For Help or Advice 81
dfspcc20 Magnesium Bicarbonate And Hemorrhoids? Magnesium 13
P Magnesium Bicarbonate Burdens My Kidneys And Urinary Bladder Magnesium 21
AretnaP Can Magnesium Bicarbonate Be Made With Magnesium Carbonate? Magnesium 26
natedawggh Nail Ridges Disappearing & Nail & Hair Growth Slowed After Magnesium Bicarbonate Magnesium 48
natedawggh Stoking The Furnace — Magnesium & Bicarbonate For Raising Temperature & Metabolism Magnesium 36
Jib Magnesium Bicarbonate Magnesium 96
J Magnesium oxide causing joints to crack! Diet 4
C Magnesium Supplements 0
IVILA Transdermal Magnesium Chloride Oil Causing Rashes Ask For Help or Advice 10
SuperStressed My magnesium deficiency seems to be so severe? Minerals 13
A Magnesium and DHEA Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Quelsatron A very confusing month? (vitamin D, magnesium, liver) Ask For Help or Advice 33
Sam321 Does speed of magnesium spray absorption correlate current levels of magnesium in system? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Loose stool from Magnesium Oxide Magnesium 16
BearWithMe Magnesium makes me super dehydrated - mineral imbalance? Ask For Help or Advice 8
R Safe amount of magnesium and zinc to supplement without messing up magnesium potassium and zinc copper ratio? Ask For Help or Advice 4
M Does magnesium glycinate increase dht? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
R Topical magnesium citrate? Hair & Nails 2
M Magnesium & potassium rich diet for lazy people Ask For Help or Advice 12
Brandin Question/Advice - Ionic Magnesium Chloride In Reverse Osmosis Ask For Help or Advice 2
DANIEL The Best Oral Magnesium Supplement Magnesium 10
O Magnesium Sulfate Injection Magnesium 13
J Is Magnesium Chloride A Safe Form Of Magnesium? Magnesium 30
ImprovingDaily What Is The Best Form Of Oral Magnesium That You've Taken? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
A Long‐term Magnesium Supplementation Improves Glucocorticoid Metabolism Scientific Studies 0
J Magnesium Ask For Help or Advice 10
J Is It Okay To Take A Collagen Supplement Alongside Magnesium Glycinate? Magnesium 3
J Best Magnesium Glycinate Product 2020 September Magnesium 5
Sscobalt Magnesium Intolerace Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
J The Best Form Of Magnesium 2020 September Magnesium 26
R Does Sugar Waste Magnesium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
superGrover Muscle Twitching After Applying Magnesium Serum Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
H Magnesium Chloride Bath Body Care 5
snacks Magnesium, Iodine, Butekyo All Lower Temperature Metabolism 20
L Ionic Magnesium Citrate Any Good? Hair & Nails 0
R Magnesium And Thyroid Function Ask For Help or Advice 16
S Why Would Magnesium Supplements Give Me Cramps? Magnesium 2
metabolizm Magnesium Supplementation Ask For Help or Advice 16
haidut Magnesium, Vitamin D, B12 Combo Strikingly Therapeutic For COVID-19 Scientific Studies 7
F Combination Vitamin D, Magnesium And Vitamin B12 (DMB) On Older Covid-19 Patients Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
J Magnesium Causing Gynocomastia Magnesium 2
B Magnesium Fixed My Iron Overload Testimonials 12
N Does Having High Blood Magnesium Mean I Am Effectively Retaining Magnesium Magnesium 5
A Magnesium Causes Cramps Magnesium 0
Peatogenic Is Magnesium Excess Problematic? Magnesium 1
J The Best Vitamin E, Vitamin K And Magnesium Supplements Macros & Micros 16
T What Is The Best Form Of Magnesium To Take? Ask For Help or Advice 23
T Would Magnesium Detoxify Valium Build Up In My Body? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Moshi Magnesium Mystery - What Form To Take? Magnesium 59