Best Times And Parings For "Peat" Foods And Supps

RealNeat

I thought it might be convenient to have a thread dedicated to when the most productive time and methods to take things are.

For example aspirin: with what parings? and when? I know some answers would be; with sodium bicarbonate, gelatin, after a meal, dissolved in water, with K1 etc...

It would be cool if we could do this with:

Gelatin/ Collagen
Muscle meat
The macros
Coffee
Milk
OJ
Liver
Shellfish
Thyroid
Vitamin E
Charcoal
Red Light
Bag breathing

you guys get the idea! Thanks

Last edited:

boris

I take Aspirin dissolved in water after a raw carrot. No idea if it's good, but it doesn't cause any problems. Recently I heard about adding baking powder to aspirin. But I usually chase it with milk or cafe con leche. Would a pinch of bicarb in combination with milk be problematic (milk alkali syndrome?)

At the same time of taking the Aspirin I smear some drops of K2 on my wrists.

-

Large glass of OJ with an egg feels great.

-

Liver or Shellfish with Coca Cola

-

Salty gelatinous broth with a sweet cafe con leche

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I take Aspirin dissolved in water after a raw carrot. No idea if it's good, but it doesn't cause any problems. Recently I heard about adding baking powder to aspirin. But I usually chase it with milk or cafe con leche. Would a pinch of bicarb in combination with milk be problematic (milk alkali syndrome?)

At the same time of taking the Aspirin I smear some drops of K2 on my wrists.

-

Large glass of OJ with an egg feels great.

-

Liver or Shellfish with Coca Cola

-

Salty gelatinous broth with a sweet cafe con leche

You might not be getting enough K if you use it externally depending on the dose of aspirin you use, I believe about 10-20% gets absorbed.

I personally don't see a reason to add Sodium Bicarbonate to milk as it should have enough substance by itself to cut any gut irritation of aspirin.

I like your input and it seems applicable for helping blood sugar with the protein + sugar combinations you mention. Im also looking for people to summarize what RP has said about combinations. For example should one be having the gelatin to balance out the inflammatory amino acids in a steak at the same time or just in the same day?

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Here is what I've compiled so far:

1. Higher protein meals will cause a dip in BS so some carbs can be included in the meal, preferably sucrose based?

2. Depending on the protein source, like muscle meat/ organ meat (besides skin), there may need to be a more favorable amino acid balance achieved by incorporating gelatin from oxtail broth or Great Lakes etc. Im guessing shell fish would also need this compensation?

3. Coffee tends to act like thyroid so having adequate food (during or before) to fuel the metabolism and diminish a stress response is key.

4. Iron containing animal foods (.5 heme/.5 non heme) can be paired with dairy to block iron. Plant non-heme iron with coffee/black tea to block absorption. Vitamin C containing foods should be avoided as they increase absorption along with cast iron pans.

5. Foods high in phosphate can be balanced out with calcium. Does this matter for time of consumption or as long as its within the day? My guess is that it should happen in one meal/ snack.

6. When consuming processed sugar avoiding other sources of non nutrient dense calories, like some processed starch might be beneficial for getting adequate nutrition.

7. Consuming Vitamin E around the 400 IU mark around times of FFA release or unexpected PUFA intake.

8. Aspirin after meals for proper cell metabolism in favor of glucose (like mimicking the Randle cycle in favor of glucose?). 1mg K (1, 2?) per 325mg Aspirin, aspirin can be dissolved in water to prevent any internal bleeding and GI distress along with a pinch of bicarbonate or gelatin added.

9. Raw (shredded) carrot salad in between meals ideally with liquid coconut oil and cider (or distilled) vinegar.

10. Sodium intake to taste to keep aldosterone down in hypothyroid states while avoiding sodium rich foods in combination with potentially carcinogenic compounds like smoked meat.

11. Full spectrum light and red light to keep stress hormones down until ready for bed (taper to red the closer one gets to "bed time") with more sleep preferred in the darkness dominated winter.

12. Eating breakfast to diminish cortisol along with snacking throughout the day with even ratios of macros.

13. Butter/ oil with well cooked vegetables makes the fiber safer and disinfecting like the carrot salad.

14. Starch with fat prevents the absorption of starch in the intestine.

Im sure there is more Im forgetting but I would like to further refine a list like this one.

biomes

still working through ray peat's dietary suggestions but i do know protein and carbohydrates are digested at different rates so it seems peat's recommendation to pair protein with fruits (as opposed to carbohydrates) is due to the fast metabolism of the sugars in the fruit.

lisamarie1010

I really love this work REALNEAT - I need tools like this too, as I begin. I welcome a bigger and bigger list to learn from as I get going
So far I get overwhelmed in this, and still am gaining weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals