Lump In Breast

scarlettsmum

I have this lump on the upper part of my breast attached to the body, not the part that sticks out. (sorry, couldn't think of a better way of putting it) in my breast for a couple of years now and i'm not sure if it got bigger or different in any way or not, but i am so obsessed with it and it is definitely a huge cause of anxiety for me. It would be so easy for me to go to a doctor to have it checked but I can't get past their insensitive cold attitude. My husband thinks I'm overreacting but I can definitely feel difference between my right and left breast. There are two harder smaller lumps within the lump, but then again I'm hypersensitive and keep massaging the lumpy area until i familiarise myself with every single detail of the lump. I know this could be just swollen milk ducts and it probably is but my mind is the worst coming up with worst case scenarios. Anyone else has this? How do you deal with it? Has it resolved for you? Any preventative measures I should take? Just don't send me to doctors please!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My situation isn't exactly the same as yours but I'll tell you about it anyway.

I had a painful lump that developed very suddenly recently that at first I thought was mastitis or maybe an abscessed milk duct. I emailed Ray and here is his response.
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

I initially wanted an ultrasound done but the doctor I went to insisted on a mammogram. Two hospitals refused to give me an ultrasound unless I had a mammogram first. I was furious because it's my body and my money!

I got a second opinion by another doctor recommended by a coworker and he thought the lump was a fibroadenoma and felt it would be ok to just wait on any imaging study and follow up in 6-8 weeks. He agreed with me that mammograms are not the best choice for women younger than 50 because the breast tissue being too dense. I didn't even bother to talk about my concerns over radiation at that point.

I started back on thyroid (t3) as mentioned by Ray and now the lump is completely gone. My follow up appointment is October 31 so the lump that was the size of my fist shrunk to undetectable by feel in 30 days. I've also been making sure to include raw carrot or other antimicrobial fibers in my diet everyday.

If you do decide to have the lump checked out I've read that thermography can be done as an alternative to mammograms. I believe @thebigpeatowski has had one before.
ETA: I'm also taking 10 mg b6 to keep prolactin down but that might not be an issue for you.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

WoW @Blossom impressive results! Just wanted to add for @scarlettsmum that I have had a thermography exam done for total health and breast health. Fantastic and totally safe for you AND for the one giving the exam. There is a dedicated company here in Dallas where you can get an exam.

Otherwise many doctor office groups use it as an alternative diagnosis tool other than surgery. You can research about it. I LOVE this exam.

Regina

I had a painful lump that developed very suddenly recently that at first I thought was mastitis or maybe an abscessed milk duct. I emailed Ray and here is his response.

I initially wanted an ultrasound done but the doctor I went to insisted on a mammogram. Two hospitals refused to give me an ultrasound unless I had a mammogram first. I was furious because it's my body and my money!

I got a second opinion by another doctor recommended by a coworker and he thought the lump was a fibroadenoma and felt it would be ok to just wait on any imaging study and follow up in 6-8 weeks. He agreed with me that mammograms are not the best choice for women younger than 50 because the breast tissue being too dense. I didn't even bother to talk about my concerns over radiation at that point.

I started back on thyroid (t3) as mentioned by Ray and now the lump is completely gone. My follow up appointment is October 31 so the lump that was the size of my fist shrunk to undetectable by feel in 30 days. I've also been making sure to include raw carrot or other antimicrobial fibers in my diet everyday.

If you do decide to have the lump checked out I've read that thermography can be done as an alternative to mammograms. I believe @thebigpeatowski has had one before.
ETA: I'm also taking 10 mg b6 to keep prolactin down but that might not be an issue for you.
Phew Blossom. Thank you for sharing your amazing story. I so glad the lump has shrunk.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks @lisaferraro and @Regina. I hope something in my story can give @scarlettsmum some ideas for her own situation even though they are slightly different.
I'm glad to hear a positive review on thermography @lisaferraro. It's a shame mammograms are practically forced on us when there are much safer options.

Regina

Thanks @lisaferraro and @Regina. I hope something in my story can give @scarlettsmum some ideas for her own situation even though they are slightly different.
I'm glad to hear a positive review on thermography @lisaferraro. It's a shame mammograms are practically forced on us when there are much safer options.
Yea, the last time I was at my doctor, my records showed I had not had a mammogram in so many years. She said, I needed to schedule one or she could not treat me.
I just ignore the threat. I had 1 mammogram maybe 20 or so years ago. Maybe I would try a thermography version but I do think we can know ourselves. I'm not getting any personal hunch that my breasts need medical attention.
Thanks again for sharing your fabulous recovery.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Blossom,

Thank you so much for sharing. this gives me so much confidence! I'm so pleased for you that it resolved so quickly! Well done!! I am actually being offered ultrasound here as they don't do mammogram until after the age of 45, but I just don't even want the stress of going into a room of full of anxious women. :(
I have been playing with the idea of supplementing thyroid and I must admit I haven't checked my temps for a while, but something has definitely changed for the better as I sleep much better now. I will start tracking my temps again and see. Did you just take t3 or t3/t4 combo? Btw. I had a test on prolactin done a few months ago and it was borderline at 11.94 uq/l. Perhaps it would warrant the use of B6 supplement? What brand do you take? Do you supplement the other B vitamin at all? Or is this just temporary and you'll stop eventually? I keep on eating daily carrot too even though I don't feel any benefits. Perhaps they are slow to show?

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

WoW @Blossom impressive results! Just wanted to add for @scarlettsmum that I have had a thermography exam done for total health and breast health. Fantastic and totally safe for you AND for the one giving the exam. There is a dedicated company here in Dallas where you can get an exam.

Otherwise many doctor office groups use it as an alternative diagnosis tool other than surgery. You can research about it. I LOVE this exam.

Lisa, that's great you have this option, I have heard about it being really safe. We don't have it here as yet, I live in Europe. But I'm a strange one, even if I could have it done here, I just don't even want the doctor's visit. I just find it all too stressful.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you just take t3 or t3/t4 combo?
I take t3 during the day and a nibble of cynoplus (t4/t3) before bed.
I had a test on prolactin done a few months ago and it was borderline at 11.94 uq/l. Perhaps it would warrant the use of B6 supplement? What brand do you take? Do you supplement the other B vitamin at all? Or is this just temporary and you'll stop eventually?
I don't think a prolactin level in that range would be causing your issue and it might go down some on its own if you have any hypothyroidism and it gets corrected. My most recent prolactin was close to 19 so a little high but not extremely so. I will probably stay on b6 just because of my history with the pituitary tumor.
I do take niacinamide, thiamine and biotin most days as well. I currently have solgar brand b6 but it has additives. I've been taking 1/10 th of a 100 mg pill so I don't think I'm getting too much of bad stuff with that tiny amount. Someone on the forum mentioned having success with Now brand so I thought I'd check that one out when I'm due for more.
From the response I got from Ray he seems to think thyroid is key.
I hope everything works out for you @scarlettsmum!

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I take t3 during the day and a nibble of cynoplus (t4/t3) before bed.

I don't think a prolactin level in that range would be causing your issue and it might go down some on its own if you have any hypothyroidism and it gets corrected. My most recent prolactin was close to 19 so a little high but not extremely so. I will probably stay on b6 just because of my history with the pituitary tumor.
I do take niacinamide, thiamine and biotin most days as well. I currently have solgar brand b6 but it has additives. I've been taking 1/10 th of a 100 mg pill so I don't think I'm getting too much of bad stuff with that tiny amount. Someone on the forum mentioned having success with Now brand so I thought I'd check that one out when I'm due for more.
From the response I got from Ray he seems to think thyroid is key.
I hope everything works out for you @scarlettsmum!

Thank you again, Blossom. I too gathered from his response that thyroid is what's needed most. I will be tracking my temps for a few days and see what results I will get. When you say you nibble on T3, do you follow any specific protocol or is it something you figured out yourself? I like the idea of nibbling, not actually subscribing to any particular dosing. Sounds really safe to me, but I could be wrong? What is actually nibbling? Is it scrapping off a few dust particles? If I felt confident knowing what to do I would absolutely try it for myself. :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you again, Blossom. I too gathered from his response that thyroid is what's needed most. I will be tracking my temps for a few days and see what results I will get. When you say you nibble on T3, do you follow any specific protocol or is it something you figured out yourself? I like the idea of nibbling, not actually subscribing to any particular dosing. Sounds really safe to me, but I could be wrong? What is actually nibbling? Is it scrapping off a few dust particles? If I felt confident knowing what to do I would absolutely try it for myself. :)

I started cytomel for myself and my rat and we nibbled those but now I'm giving my rat haidut's t3 and using one drop topically every 3-4 hours. I still take a nibble of cynoplus before bed but I'm down only two pills left. I will probably switch to dosing my rat with thyromix before bed soon. I've just been trying to keep my rat and my own temps up since we're so close and one drop seems to be working well right now. I might dilute it for her soon and see how she does with less.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

@Blossom
Bought my tyromix today! Starting to measure my temps and pulse from tomorrow morning. Will report back if any changes. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals