Hashimotos

Mike Rees

Hi all, I've just joined the forum.

I have been unwell for a few years and I'm making a little progress.

I am 56, until Hashimotos wandered into my life, I was very active, running fells every weekend, gym 2-3 times a week, yoga and generally busy.

Now I decided to go it alone as my healthcare GP was fence sitting, I started taking NDT, accompanied by Nutri Adrenal Extra (B vits), HCL to aid digestion, probiotics from either solgar or Lambert's. I also use ProgestE 2 dots twice a day on rising and retiring. I take 1.75grains of NDT at 1000 and 1.5 grains before retiring.

I have dropped wheat and gluten from my diet too. I was also told to ditch dairy. I have been listening to some YouTube interviews with Dr Peat and he has scared the pants off me!

I am going to remove processed gluten free bread as this would appear to be laden with all sorts of rubbish. I also take a koko milk and yougurt with buckwheat flakes blueberries and honey for breakfast. I'll try it with milk instead. I use duck fat, coconut oil and olive oil looks like I need to ditch the sesame oil and soy too.

One issue I have been having is when I try to do any exercise, I seem to burn out all my T3 and feel shocking depending on how much I've over exerted myself. Will this improve? I assume based on a lot I've heard from Dr Peat that although I was under the impression that I was doing all the right things, I have in fact been doing it all wrong. It's probably why I ended up sick.

I suspect high estrogen, last December I developed a really painful lump in my right breast under my nipple, I ignored it for a few months, however a guy who I know from TPAUK suggested the ProgestE by Ray Peat and within a week of taking two small dabs a day the lump vanished.

The addition of ProgestE has seen a remarkable turn around in my general well being, I'm certainly not 100% but compared to the very first dark days and months of this disease I remain positive.

Can anyone suggest a good way to monitor my progesterone estrogen pregnenolone level and what I should look out for please?

Given I've been getting sick for probably 10 plus years it's going to take me some time with adequate dosing of Thyroid to get back to at least some increased activity. Just 20 minutes light jogging and 20 minutes weight training maybe some yoga a few times a week would feel like a victory.

I'm going to adopt a Ray Peat diet and see where that takes me. I'd appreciate any feedback and insight.

Thank you.

Mike

Waynish

How did you go with this? Did you try quality vitamin E supplementation and similar substances that reduce estrogen?

OP
Mike Rees

Mike Rees

Waynish - thanks for your interest. I'm better (not perfect), although I am now able to walk 18 miles on hills for 6-7 hours, I am unable to run or really do any weight training as I find this causes the 'old jap' to impart his revenge and feel pretty rubbish for a few days until I can replace the excess T3 that my body has used to heal the tears to my muscle fibres. As far as Vit E is concerned Ray's ProgestE has vitamin E in it I believe and as such would hope this to be sufficient.

Interestingly I am interested in finding a decent selenium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals