Lowering Adrenaline

honeybee

Have you tried Diatamaceous earth for the bloat/intestinal issues? (this is not peaty but seems to help people)

Wilfrid

iLoveSugar said:
Ok, we didn't prepare the flour.

I could try the apple juice although I am not a fan of it at all, and I think liquid consumption makes me bloat more/feel more full.

I was thinking about sweet organic cooked apples not the juice.
Something like homemade cooked applesauce with a dash of fat and sugar.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

honeybee said:
Have you tried Diatamaceous earth for the bloat/intestinal issues? (this is not peaty but seems to help people)

I've never even heard of it.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

So cooked apples, with butter and sugar? No salt or anything? Try this for a few days?

Wilfrid said:
There is a very good thread on coconut oil and charcoal.
I was never never able to tolerate charcoal or CO ( even the tropical traditions refined one) during acute intestinal inflammation. Never. But like Blossom and 4PS said on the coconut oil thread, reaction to those are highly individual.
Hi, W! Can you help me to understand what you mean by "never able to tolerate". Was this reported by your physician as an adverse reaction to these substances?

Also, I think I understand you to say that your experiences are highly individual, or even unique to you? Is that right?

I ask because I'm researching the topic of charcoal and coconut oil, and among all the substances I can find, these two substances are among the (relatively) safest substances I see.

tara

honeybee said:
My understanding is that diatomacious earth can kill intestinal parasites by cutting them with it's millions of sharp little edges. This can be helpful for people if parasites are a significant burden. I think it can also be a bit tough on a sensitive gut lining. Am I wrong about this? I think it is hard to know if there are parasites around - they are not always detected easily.

honeybee

Diatomaceous earth is used a lot for intestinal parasites. It also regulates digestion. It may prove to be an irritant for some but there's ALOT of info out there about internal use. Food grade only-apparently there are two types . If you decide to try please research. I just threw it out there because you seem to have tried many things to help yourself and not much is helping (@ilovesugar).
I actually use de off an on, it helps me with hair growth, skin, sleep and digestion. I lost a lot of hair from messing around with supplements and I'm trying to grow back.

Wilfrid

visionofstrength said:
Wilfrid said:
There is a very good thread on coconut oil and charcoal.
I was never never able to tolerate charcoal or CO ( even the tropical traditions refined one) during acute intestinal inflammation. Never. But like Blossom and 4PS said on the coconut oil thread, reaction to those are highly individual.
Hi, W! Can you help me to understand what you mean by "never able to tolerate". Was this reported by your physician as an adverse reaction to these substances?

Also, I think I understand you to say that your experiences are highly individual, or even unique to you? Is that right?

I ask because I'm researching the topic of charcoal and coconut oil, and among all the substances I can find, these two substances are among the (relatively) safest substances I see.

Hi,

No, it was no reported by my physician. It was me experimenting those substances during the bad flare-up of my crohn's.
I tried first the charcoal because I thought that it would help me with the diarrhea ( up to 20 bloody diarrhea per day during my "best" time with the disease), fistula and abscess. But it made the situation worse by worsening my intestinal cramping and by giving me also stomach burping.
As for the CO, it gave me also stomach burping and gag reflex. It still does nowdays even if I'm symptoms free, I never try again the charcoal thing, though but I don't feel the need to do so.
And now, more than ever before, I can quickly identify a problematic food / supplement and unfortunately, for me, the CO and the charcoal are a no-no.
I do fine on ghee, to a lesser extent on butter, and on olive oil. Maybe you could try to see on IBD forums and ask if the members had any experiences ( good or bad) with those two substances. :2cents

OP
I

iLoveSugar

So just a diet of very well cooked apples, butter, and sugar? My pain has been so bad lately, as well as my dizziness, and my severe nerves. I can't sit in my own home or go anywhere without being extremely nervous, and feeling like I am going to shatter. It's the worst feeling in the world. I wonder if Lyme disease is really doing all this to me. I'm only 29 and should t have every muscle and bone hurting.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
[
iLoveSugar said:
So just a diet of very well cooked apples, butter, and sugar? My pain has been so bad lately, as well as my dizziness, and my severe nerves. I can't sit in my own home or go anywhere without being extremely nervous, and feeling like I am going to shatter. It's the worst feeling in the world. I wonder if Lyme disease is really doing all this to me. I'm only 29 and should t have every muscle and bone hurting.
WARNING! This is not specifically Peat: My daughter just read a book about Lyme disease called Healing Chronic Lyme Disease Naturally. Ironically one of the things she has done as recommended by the book is to increase her calories to about 3,000 per day. She is a small female but I think the calories vary depending on age and sex. It's very similar to the youreatopia guidelines Tara posted. She has also added an herb recommended in the book after taking a round of doxycycline.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yeah I consulted with Joey (the author). He got better by eating (mostly following Matt Stone principals). I definitely need to eat more, but before that, I need to find digestible foods that I can pound all day.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
Yeah I consulted with Joey (the author). He got better by eating (mostly following Matt Stone principals). I definitely need to eat more, but before that, I need to find digestible foods that I can pound all day.
That's great. I'm sorry it wasn't new info for you. My daughter is only been eating that much for about a month or two but said it's getting easier. She likes udi's gluten free dark chocolate brownies. I looked at the label and they didn't have any foul gut irritants or added pufa. She's pretty particular but has access to a lot of farm fresh food that she helps raise and grow. I won't ramble on about her-sorry, you know how moms can get. Maybe someone will have additional thoughts.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Does she feel any better? A lot better? I'm definitely interested in what you have to say? She was diagnosed with Lyme? Any digestive issues?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
Does she feel any better? A lot better? I'm definitely interested in what you have to say? She was diagnosed with Lyme? Any digestive issues?
She was diagnosed with Lyme after the classic tick bite scenario. She probably let it go a little too long and didn't take the doxycycline until about a month after it happened and she kept getting worse. She is starting to feel better but not 100% yet. It seems like it can go chronic in people who are weakened and she had been vegan for years (mostly raw). She is hopeful and I think for her the nutrition is the main key to getting well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
iLoveSugar said:
She has had a lot of digestive issues and had diarrhea after getting Lyme but that resolved with the antibiotic.
She was diagnosed with Lyme after the classic tick bite scenario. She probably let it go a little too long and didn't take the doxycycline until about a month after it happened and she kept getting worse. She is starting to feel better but not 100% yet. It seems like it can go chronic in people who are weakened and she had been vegan for years (mostly raw). She is hopeful and I think for her the nutrition is the main key to getting well.
She was protein malnourished as a teen while living at home during high school. I highly doubt she ever really recovered from that properly. She is one of those people that has a serious problem with gluten and in hindsight I think she always ate very little because she felt so bad when she did eat. 3 years ago she made the connection that when she ate her college roommates gluten free food she felt better. That was great but it set her off on a path that became very extreme. She was so entrenched in every aspect of her food that there was little acceptable to her to eat. ALL of her food had to be local, organic etc. I think those are great things to emphasize but with her health so compromised I think her ideology got in the way of her nutrition. I would say about 10 years of undereating took a toll on her body. She is only 24. Sometimes I see this as a blessing in disguise because she is now eating better and has added things like liver, eggs, butter, coconut oil that I'm sure are helping her rebuild and repair. She also chose to take the herb aswagandha. I don't know much about it to be honest. I'm just trying to help her any way I can but only when she asks.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yeah I think chronic Lyme is a real issue. I am 29 now and suspect I got it when I was 13 (I clearly remembered getting sick). Now it's a fight from hell.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
Yeah I think chronic Lyme is a real issue. I am 29 now and suspect I got it when I was 13 (I clearly remembered getting sick). Now it's a fight from hell.
I'm sorry to hear that ils. I was diagnosed with CFS and that's another one that is poorly understood and often dismissed since medicine doesn't know what to do about it. I don't have CFS anymore but it wasn't until I found Peat's work that I really started to heal. I think I was just too depleted to heal. Have you ever tried homemade milk shakes? Maybe if you could sip on something high calorie like that it could help you get more calories without your digestive system having to work too hard. Ice cream is supposedly close to breast milk in its nutrition.

keith

To start, while I have had some digestive issues my whole life, my issues are far less severe than yours, so take what I say with that knowledge.

I second milkshakes if you can tolerate them; it is easy to add extra calories to these already calorie dense drinks by adding sugar it you want also, and
They are very quick and easy to make. I make mine with a stick blender right in a big glass, so cleanup is easy too.

I actually usually make more smoothie type drinks. I use Greek yogurt, frozen fruit, sugar (lots), a little collagen hydrolysate, and milk or orange juice depending on what fruit I'm using. For some reason frozen fruit ground up in a blender is way easier on my digestion than just eating fruit. I have no idea why, I have just observed it to be the case. I couldn't guess it it would be effective for you. Perhaps this might give you some ideas, though, if you can't tolerate the things I use, but have some other things you can. You could substitute the yogurt for ice cream or bananas, or probably even apple sauce (reduce fluid, or increase Frozen content). Different juices might work, more or less gelatin, etc. You could throw an egg or two in there if you want to, and have a good source of eggs, although I might be careful of eating too many raw eggs for too long; I know it can cause an issue with biotin absorption, and after several months of adding them to shakes myself I developed a revulsion of eggs that took a few months to abate. Anyway, just food for thought about food.

Honey is another calorie dense food that might at least help you increase calories, if you don't have allergies to it. It is reportedly anti-septic as well, so may have additional digestive benefits, although I wouldn't expect any significant impacts other than from the calories.

Hope there is something helpful in this post.

keith

Sorry, I was looking into adrenaline issues, and didn't realize this thread was 2 years old:(

So, uh, did you figure out the adrenaline part?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry, I was looking into adrenaline issues, and didn't realize this thread was 2 years old:(

So, uh, did you figure out the adrenaline part?
It's still good information for someone looking up things on adrenaline issues:).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals