Anti Adrenaline/Noradrenaline Drugs Except Clonidine

LCohen

Clonidine is not available here. I found some beta-blockers but they also associated with heart palpitations.

Is there any safe beta blocker ? Is there any other safe drugs for lowering adrenaline and noradrenaline ?

golder

Can anyone offer a good comparison between clonidine and propranolol? Thanks!

Gustav3Y

Bromocriptine is an adrenergic agonist.
However it does not have a high affinity for agonizing beta receptors, more so agonizing the alpha receptors where for which it has a high affinity.

golder

Bromocriptine is an adrenergic agonist.
However it does not have a high affinity for agonizing beta receptors, more so agonizing the alpha receptors where for which it has a high affinity.
Do any of the ergoline class NOT agonise the adrenaline receptors? Thanks :)

Gustav3Y

I am no sure how each and all how they interact with the adrenergic receptors, Bromocirptine and Carbergoline have good agonist affinity for alpha receptors but much weaker on beta receptors with some claims that Cabergoline would be not really agonizing beta receptors at all.

rei

propranolol is the only real drug of this class i have tried, and it was like a magic bullet for my overactive (nor)adrenaline problems. I only got very small amounts to use in worst situations, so i cannot comment on possible side effects. I had absolutely none, only magical effects, they were more potent in calming me than initial amount of benzos, lol.

Sampa

propranolol is the only real drug of this class i have tried, and it was like a magic bullet for my overactive (nor)adrenaline problems. I only got very small amounts to use in worst situations, so i cannot comment on possible side effects. I had absolutely none, only magical effects, they were more potent in calming me than initial amount of benzos, lol.
rei , for small amounts you mean , like, 10 mg ?

Sapien

Cannabigerol (CBG) (cannabis product) is a strong a2 adrenoceptor agonist.

Last edited:

Sampa

Nowadays, i am on clomipramine and it is by far the best anti anxiety drug i have ever used. Tricyclics is another level, make ssri and snri feels like a candy toy.

Jessie

P5P (Pyridoxal Phosphate) is good. Someone mentioned taurine already. Magnesium, inosine, niacinamide, androsterone are all good choices. Some more things:

Vitamin E reduced adreanline at 600mgs Vitamin E Decreases Catacholamines

Lidocaine inhibits noradrenaline Lidocaine Inhibits Noradrenaline

Why are you on clonidine? High blood pressure? Cyproheptadine can potently lower blood pressure in higher dosages. They noted safety concerns, but that's probably because of cypro's long term effect on liver health (which is disputed in more recent evidence), and the subjects were children. Cyproheptadine for central hypertension? | QScience.com

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals