Help Me Solve My Adrenaline Problem. Confirmed By Beta Blocker !

GorillaHead

So I often get cold feet during the winter and it’s rather frustrating. I’ve read adrenaline could be the problem. Today for the first time about an hour ago I took proporanol. And let me Tell you guys my feet heated up super fast! Like I felt them getting warmer and warmer.

I think it’s safe to say the problem is adrenaline. Now I am not sure how a beta blocker affects adrenaline activation but what I do know is that this beta blocker is known to block calcium channels which leads to hairloss.

I would like to know the step by step process by how this beta blocker resulted in warmer feet.

I want natural options to fix this issue but at the same time would these natural options work through the same mechanism of beta blockers leading to hairloss?

After further analysis it seems gaba lowers andrenaline. And more specifically gaba a activation. What things activate gaba a in our bodies. Allopregnelone?

update: I am now also noticing appetite stimulation which is something I’ve struggled with for years also libido shot up. Wow. The solution here seems to be clear. Lower adrenaline fix all my problems and hopefully not CAuse hairloss
thanks.

Last edited:

rob

Hi GorillaHead, snap again... I've had a longstanding problem of cold feet and, particularly, hands along with adrenaline issues - HPA often seems overly sensitive to environmental stimuli.

Been trying to fix by boosting metabolism and calming HPA axis, especially CRH production, through GABA for IBD benefits. Wary of direct neurosteroid supplementation i.e. pregnenolone – think it's wise to get levels checked first before tinkering and get further checked whilst taking. Though things like magnesium (particularly the threonate salt for the brain), l-theanine, taurine and PEA (like the look of this on many levels: stabilises mast cells, IBD-related benefits, increases allopregnanolone etc.) may help.

Edit: Haven't tried it myself but inosine is also promoted on here as reducing adrenaline.

Last edited:

Goobz

Been trying to fix by boosting metabolism and calming HPA axis, especially CRH production, through GABA for IBD benefits. Wary of direct neurosteroid supplementation i.e. pregnenolone – think it's wise to get levels checked first before tinkering and get further checked whilst taking. Though things like magnesium (particularly the threonate salt for the brain), l-theanine, taurine and PEA (like the look of this on many levels: stabilises mast cells, IBD-related benefits, increases allopregnanolone etc.) may help.

What does PEA stand for? Thanks for the list. I think I have similar problems to the OP and may want to try some things you mentioned

rob

What does PEA stand for? Thanks for the list. I think I have similar problems to the OP and may want to try some things you mentioned

PEA is palmitoylethanolamide, a fatty acid that has endocannabinoid effects.

By the way, technically I should add glycine to the list as it has a vital inhibitory effects in particularly the spinal cord and brainstem. Plus, if you have a decent methionine intake courtesy of meat/fish consumption supplemental glycine is simply a good idea on the methylation front.

Personally, magnesium can be a big one for many as a lot of people get less than optimal amounts and the conversion of glutamate to GABA requires Mg and B6. I get good results with just magnesium malate (Kirkman brand) though, as said, threonate looks the best for the brain, on paper at least.

InChristAlone

Somatic experiencing to release trauma and re regulate the nervous system.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We should research any Pharmaceutical option extremely carefully.I wouldnt try to "fix" cold hands and feet with
unphysiologic Substance.back to basics.

i know lots of people with cold hands,and they are fundamentally fine.
Also is peripheral Adrenaline highly stabilizing and anti-inflammatory.

InChristAlone

Where do you learn about this?
I mostly learned by watching Irene Lyon's youtube channel and reading the book "Waking The Tiger" by Peter Levine.

InChristAlone

i know lots of people with cold hands,and they are fundamentally fine.
Also is peripheral Adrenaline highly stabilizing and anti-inflammatory.
Interesting theory you have there...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I mostly learned by watching Irene Lyon's youtube channel and reading the book "Waking The Tiger" by Peter Levine.
Thank you! :hattip

InChristAlone

Lyons and tigers
Makes sense because it's about helping the nervous system to not think it's running from the proverbial lions tigers and bears. Oh my.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

So no one has any solid suggestions besides glycine? It’s amazing how well the beta blocker worked. It worked so well.

rob

So no one has any solid suggestions besides glycine? It’s amazing how well the beta blocker worked. It worked so well.

There’s five suggestions in my first reply relating to GABA and the HPA axis.

I haven’t tried myself but if you want to stray into herbal options there’s things like Indian snakeroot, valerian and, of course, the adaptogens - I think Rhodiola is meant to have effects on the nervous system/adrenaline. Others on here will know a lot more about the safety and efficacy of such options, but probably wise to rotate herbal supplements.

rob

@GorillaHead Also, if some of the beta blocker benefits came from the vasodilation and you want to tease out that effect specifically, other than niacin :), there’s things like: increased potassium to sodium ratio, capsaicin, foods high in nitrates (e.g. beets), l-citrulline and l-arginine (though problematic in those susceptible to shingles) etc.

Away from supplements, you could look at meditative exercises and the vagus nerve stuff for calming heightened sympathetic response.

Last edited:

thomas00

So I often get cold feet during the winter and it’s rather frustrating. I’ve read adrenaline could be the problem. Today for the first time about an hour ago I took proporanol. And let me Tell you guys my feet heated up super fast! Like I felt them getting warmer and warmer.

I think it’s safe to say the problem is adrenaline. Now I am not sure how a beta blocker affects adrenaline activation but what I do know is that this beta blocker is known to block calcium channels which leads to hairloss.

I would like to know the step by step process by how this beta blocker resulted in warmer feet.

I want natural options to fix this issue but at the same time would these natural options work through the same mechanism of beta blockers leading to hairloss?

After further analysis it seems gaba lowers andrenaline. And more specifically gaba a activation. What things activate gaba a in our bodies. Allopregnelone?

update: I am now also noticing appetite stimulation which is something I’ve struggled with for years also libido shot up. Wow. The solution here seems to be clear. Lower adrenaline fix all my problems and hopefully not CAuse hairloss
thanks.

Many hypothyroid people compensate with high adrenalin production (sometimes 40 times higher than normal), and this tends to keep the skin cool, especially on the hands, feet, and nose. The high adrenalin is the consequence of low blood glucose, so a feeding of carbohydrate, such as a glass of orange juice, will sometimes lower the pulse rate mo- mentarily.

Bacterial endotoxin causes some of the same effects as adrenalin. When stress reduces circulation to the bowel, caus- ing injury to the barrier function of the intestinal cells, endo- toxin can enter the blood, contributing to a shock state, with further impairment of circulation.

GENERATIVE ENERGY RESTORING THE WHOLENESS OF LIFE
SECOND EDITION

Raymond Peat, PhD

Food cravings are also a symptom of hypothyroidism.

Elize

Look into Feldenkrais movement for the nervous system

Moshé Pinchas Feldenkrais was a Ukrainian-Israeli engineer and physicist, known as the founder of the Feldenkrais Method. It is a system of physical exercise

Look at Feldenkrais with Alfons on YouTube

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals