Moxonidine (New Generation Clonidine)

LCohen

As I'm struggling with excess noradrenaline and adrenaline load on my body, I found this drug Moxonidine. (I couldn't access Clonidine)

It's a second generation alpha 2/imidazoline 1 receptor agonist antihypertensive drug just like Clonidine. Unlike clonidine, moxonidine acts more on imidazoline receptor, it's weaker on alpha 2 receptor.

Here take a look
  • MOX decreases plasma noradrenaline and adrenaline levels significantly
  • MOX suppresses both TLR4 and TGF Beta. Helps in the treatment of liver fibrosis.
  • MOX can be used for diabetes/insulin problems. Even on the treatment of metabolic syndrome. It improves glycaemic control and insulin sensitivity. Obese patients has decreased body weight through the treatment with MOX.
  • As a anti-hypertensive it decreases systolic and diastolic blood pressure, improves cardiovascular health, can even reverse heart muscle hyperthropy.
  • It's (not powerfully) sedative. Might be helpful for sleeping especially if you are stressed with adrenaline and noradrenaline just like me.
  • It has some neuroprotective effects.
  • Safe: No side effects, no withdrawal

The use of moxonidine in the treatment of hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI
The I1-imidazoline agonist moxonidine decreases sympathetic tone under physical and mental stress
[The efficacy and safety of moxonidine in patients with metabolic syndrome (the O.B.E.Z.I.T.A. trial)]. - PubMed - NCBI
Activation of imidazoline I1 receptor by moxonidine regulates the progression of liver fibrosis in the Nrf2-dependent pathway. - PubMed - NCBI
Inhibitory effects of imidazoline receptor ligands on basal and kainic acid-induced neurotoxic signalling in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

ddjd

As I'm struggling with excess noradrenaline and adrenaline load on my body, I found this drug Moxonidine. (I couldn't access Clonidine)

It's a second generation alpha 2/imidazoline 1 receptor agonist antihypertensive drug just like Clonidine. Unlike clonidine, moxonidine acts more on imidazoline receptor, it's weaker on alpha 2 receptor.

Here take a look
  • MOX suppresses both TLR4 and TGF Beta. Helps in the treatment of liver fibrosis.
  • MOX can be used for diabetes/insulin problems. Even on the treatment of metabolic syndrome. It improves glycaemic control and insulin sensitivity. Obese patients has decreased body weight through the treatment with MOX.
  • As a anti-hypertensive it decreases systolic and diastolic blood pressure, improves cardiovascular health, can even reverse heart muscle hyperthropy.
  • It's (not powerfully) sedative. Might be helpful for sleeping especially if you are stressed with adrenaline and noradrenaline just like me.

The I1-imidazoline agonist moxonidine decreases sympathetic tone under physical and mental stress
[The efficacy and safety of moxonidine in patients with metabolic syndrome (the O.B.E.Z.I.T.A. trial)]. - PubMed - NCBI
Activation of imidazoline I1 receptor by moxonidine regulates the progression of liver fibrosis in the Nrf2-dependent pathway. - PubMed - NCBI
Inhibitory effects of imidazoline receptor ligands on basal and kainic acid-induced neurotoxic signalling in mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Did you try it?

Sativa

I couldn't access Clonidine

A legally available substance called Agmatine should be considered here! It has been identified as a clonidine displacing substance, and shares very similar properties to Clonidine. It is simply decarboxylated arginine.

I have tried it in various dose ranges - 100mg - 1g. It is very theraputic and promotes neurogenesis, akin to ketamine; also it shares properties with memantine, a substance that haidut has mentioned.

trew

Here take a look

how did you get a hold of moxonidine? I can't see it on the usualy pharmacy websites.

pnw0031

Here take a look

Has anyone found a legitimate source for Moxonidine since this has been posted? I’ve seen some websites selling it but I don’t really trust them…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals