LOW Vitamin A Diet Key To CLEARING Acne?

julcreutz

It's totally the opposite of what you hear everywhere.
But in my case, it's the solution that works.

I've tested this countless times, both on a carnivorous zero-carb diet and now on a more carb-heavy diet.

Vitamin A makes my acne worse. And this is coming from a former accutane/isotretinoin patient.
Liver makes me break out especially bad. Carotenes don't seem to have a strong effect, if anything barely noticeable.

And no, it doesn not resolve over time like some articles state.

I know there's the theory of Grant Generoux about Vitamin A being toxic. I don't know to what extent I subscribe to that, but who knows. Maybe he's right.

Have you experienced similiar observations?

Orion

Yes, this is exactly what I am seeing at 1.5yrs now VA free. I agree with the hypothesis that everything related to skin issues is VA overload.

One problem is, most want an overnight solution, getting VA out of the body is a exceedingly slow process, so most abandon low VA before they start to see benefit.

OP
J

julcreutz

Yup, it is slow indeed. It's crazy how fast symptoms arise upon larger ingestion of VA again

Frankdee20

Maybe Vitamin A helps convert cholesterol to hormones and that’s why you break out

alephx

I think A and D should be in balance. Do you get enough sun exposure everyday?

GMT100

I think A and D should be in balance. Do you get enough sun exposure everyday?
yea lately ive been getting plenty sun. The acne isnt really anything too extreme but just a small pimple or two after consuming butter in my rice.

Dr. B

yea lately ive been getting plenty sun. The acne isnt really anything too extreme but just a small pimple or two after consuming butter in my rice.
Its odd I thought vitamin A dries out the skin. But retinal palmitate supps actually make the skin oilier. Cause acne and seemingly some indigestion too

Smelly5

I wonder how you would respond to the Vitamin A if you took it with T3.
Just a thought.

LadyRae

I eat a lot of organ meats, including liver several times a week. Also eggs, carrots and mushrooms daily. My adult acne/rosacea cleared up with topical tretinoin, PUFA depletion, and topical Ivermectin ...

I have to make sure the foods I eat are easily digestible because I think that endotoxin buildup in the gut is a huge causal factor for acne.

Dairy makes me break out right away. It has been shown to increase sebum production

Peachy

topical Ivermectin ...
Learn something new every day! What form - injectable? Wondering for my son. Weekly honey masks work well for him but I’m always open to new ideas on my mission to avoid accutane.

LadyRae

Learn something new every day! What form - injectable? Wondering for my son. Weekly honey masks work well for him but I’m always open to new ideas on my mission to avoid accutane.
No, not injectable! Topical. Highly advanced horse paste 😉 spread on as a cream at night

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals