Looking for suggestions on how to reverse spider veins on legs

Jehonadab

Every year they get a little worse. I would like to get rid of them or at least stop their progression. There are plenty of products claiming to help with varicose and spider veins but I don't have much faith in any of them having tried a few of them and not getting any noticable benefit.

Nicole W.

I think they are pretty much inevitable as we age but keeping estrogen in check is important. Vitamin e, coconut oil and progesterone are supposed to helpful. You can always have them cauterized if nothing else works.

Vileplume

In this interview, at roughly 35 minutes, Dr. Peat discusses spider veins and possible solutions:

"Spider veins traditionally have been associated with chronic unopposed estrogen, and what they're apparently developing in response to is some kind of an oxygen delivery problem in that area of tissue, and things that improve oxygenation, vitamin K has been used topically, in principal it could help, don't know how effective, but progesterone and especially thyroid to help you excrete estrogen."

K

Kaur Singh

K, aspirin, salt and E are shrinking mine.
(in addition to thyroid and progesterone)

RealNeat

Try incline bed therapy. I've worked on my feet most of my life and my ankles probably got over fatigued and caused chronic tissue damage and local production of estrogen hence why I have them on my ankles. Good circulation is a must, keep warm and well energized if doing prolonged things that demand a lot on the body. Topical caffeine may also help. Mine haven't progressed.

K

Kaur Singh

@Jehonadab @Lollipop2

K2 topical
E rubbed into gums
Aspirin in soda water

low dosage
multiple times a day
slow titration (if needed)

I should note that I had a stint where my estrogen went waaaay up, and this corresponded with the appearance of new veins.
Progesterone and E rubbed on the area of the veins may work too.

And that I have already been working on the B vitamins and minerals and food for a while too.

Perry Staltic

Heated epson salt foot baths in a motorized foot massager worked for me. Bought it thinking increased heat and stimulation would increase circulation which would help remodeling of vasculature and tissue. Sufficient vitamin C is essential to good vascular health; blood vessels will leak if not enough.

Lollipop2

@Jehonadab @Lollipop2

K2 topical
E rubbed into gums
Aspirin in soda water

low dosage
multiple times a day
slow titration (if needed)

I should note that I had a stint where my estrogen went waaaay up, and this corresponded with the appearance of new veins.
Progesterone and E rubbed on the area of the veins may work too.

And that I have already been working on the B vitamins and minerals and food for a while too.
Thank you.

OP
J

Jehonadab

Heated epson salt foot baths in a motorized foot massager worked for me. Bought it thinking increased heat and stimulation would increase circulation which would help remodeling of vasculature and tissue. Sufficient vitamin C is essential to good vascular health; blood vessels will leak if not enough.
I wonder if the vibration alone was the cure. At Universal Studios theme park in California they have or had these amazing coin operated foot massages. After walking and standing on concrete all day they completely revitalize your feet and legs.

Perry Staltic

I wonder if the vibration alone was the cure. At Universal Studios theme park in California they have or had these amazing coin operated foot massages. After walking and standing on concrete all day they completely revitalize your feet and legs.

Maybe. I had several things going on. Big toe toenail fungus that I couldn't get rid of; dead skin peeling all over my foot; the varicose vein looking thing on my lower ankle; puffy swollen foot. All this on only one foot. I went jihad with topical antifungals thinking maybe fungal toxins might be causing the problems, and epson salt baths/massages. Eventually, the problems went away, either due to one or both.

Mauritio

Oral pregnenolone helps too . Peat also recommended that.

Astolfo

Don't try random things. Check your blood first. Your copper and ceruloplasmin values are especially important.

Last edited:
Every year they get a little worse. I would like to get rid of them or at least stop their progression. There are plenty of products claiming to help with varicose and spider veins but I don't have much faith in any of them having tried a few of them and not getting any noticable benefit.

"But, when the tissues contain large amounts of polyunsaturated fats, every episode of fatigue and prolonged excitation leaves a residue of oxidative damage, and the adaptive mechanisms become progressively less effective. When the most powerful adaptive mechanisms, such as the timely synthesis of progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, T3, and the inhibitory transmitters, GABA and glycine, fail, then some of the primitive defense mechanisms will become chronically activated, and even sleep may fail to restore normal cellular water and metabolism. Hyperventilation often becomes a problem, making capillary leakiness worse." -Ray Peat

Mauritio

For me gut health correlated strongly with how bulging my varicose vein is. Also it seems to be inflamed so peat recommended aspirin and vitamin E for it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals