Thyroid & Health Help

heartnhands

Well, not sure what you want me to recommend...
Can you post in separate thread if this is a generic health question please? If it is related to TyroMax then I guess it would be fine leave here but I try to keep this thread to specific questions about TyroMax and reports on its use.

We
Well, not sure what you want me to recommend...
Can you post in separate thread if this is a generic health question please? If it is related to TyroMax then I guess it would be fine leave here but I try to keep this thread to specific questions about TyroMax and reports on its use.

Hope I'm continuing on this thread correctly as to me it seems related to my considering changing from the generic levothyrox, which seems to do nothing, although perhaps my measurements are mixed with the impact of other things. Several years ago when a blood test showed the need for me to have thyroid therapy the 25mcg worked really well and my energy levels were increased and the 20lbs I had gained in the 3 previous years melted away. During that time I began listening to information from Ray Peat and had hoped to adopt practices that would optimize my health. My life is extremely stressful due to many circumstances related to the change in the economy which have also limited contact with about %95 of family and friends. In an attempt to get ahead of financial problems I have done all I can without sacrificing my health and have not been successful.

As a young person I was a competitive athlete but not in any cardio intensive process. Up until the stresses piled on in 09 my weight gain seemed beyond my control. Then once I started on the Levothyrox things went back to normal. After about 1 year the weight gain began again and now I'm 165 lbs from 115lbs. I'm extremely uncomfortable and have a prescription for generic Levothyroxine 50mcg.

One other issue that seems to be relevant is that as a teenager a bout of Herpes Zoster on my left leg led to a small varicose vein which has gotten worse and angry looking veins around my ankles have increased as well.

Being that there has never been a medical doctor who seemed to have a clue about thyroid in my experience I'm glad to take on new learning and responsibility and hope to include practices that demonstrate effective benefits. Of course I know you don't operate as a medical doctor or any other form of authority I seek to benefit through your experience. Even now as I type my left leg vein is aching and I have taken a few aspirin, Niacinamide,Vitamin K4,Vitamin D, Thianeane, Coffee, fresh squeezed oj, 3,000mg of Calcium.

Being that Levothyrox is a once a day thing and is dependent on having an empty stomach, my thought is that Thyromax may be more conveniently given throughout the day. Are there any reports that show how using formulas like yours are more beneficial to thyroid function?

Thanks for sharing and I hope this is relevant to others hear on the forum.
Yours truly!

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

We

Hope I'm continuing on this thread correctly as to me it seems related to my considering changing from the generic levothyrox, which seems to do nothing, although perhaps my measurements are mixed with the impact of other things. Several years ago when a blood test showed the need for me to have thyroid therapy the 25mcg worked really well and my energy levels were increased and the 20lbs I had gained in the 3 previous years melted away. During that time I began listening to information from Ray Peat and had hoped to adopt practices that would optimize my health. My life is extremely stressful due to many circumstances related to the change in the economy which have also limited contact with about %95 of family and friends. In an attempt to get ahead of financial problems I have done all I can without sacrificing my health and have not been successful.

As a young person I was a competitive athlete but not in any cardio intensive process. Up until the stresses piled on in 09 my weight gain seemed beyond my control. Then once I started on the Levothyrox things went back to normal. After about 1 year the weight gain began again and now I'm 165 lbs from 115lbs. I'm extremely uncomfortable and have a prescription for generic Levothyroxine 50mcg.

One other issue that seems to be relevant is that as a teenager a bout of Herpes Zoster on my left leg led to a small varicose vein which has gotten worse and angry looking veins around my ankles have increased as well.

Being that there has never been a medical doctor who seemed to have a clue about thyroid in my experience I'm glad to take on new learning and responsibility and hope to include practices that demonstrate effective benefits. Of course I know you don't operate as a medical doctor or any other form of authority I seek to benefit through your experience. Even now as I type my left leg vein is aching and I have taken a few aspirin, Niacinamide,Vitamin K4,Vitamin D, Thianeane, Coffee, fresh squeezed oj, 3,000mg of Calcium.

Being that Levothyrox is a once a day thing and is dependent on having an empty stomach, my thought is that Thyromax may be more conveniently given throughout the day. Are there any reports that show how using formulas like yours are more beneficial to thyroid function?

Thanks for sharing and I hope this is relevant to others hear on the forum.
Yours truly!

PS...I'm very confused as to how to follow a thread due to the dates and times of the stuff I'm reading seem incongruent...For example some of the posts on this thread say they were written 59minutes ago but the date in more than a year ago. Sorry for my confusion...I'm trying to make the best use of the sight but find such incongruity confusing.

tara

PS...I'm very confused as to how to follow a thread due to the dates and times of the stuff I'm reading seem incongruent...
Are you seeing a difference between the time the message was posted at the bottom of the message and the date the member joined the forum to the side?

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

Oh, yes! So silly of me to be so intensely imagining stuff beyond my capacity that I refused to see the words "joined" next to the date. Thanks so much for the nudge Tara! Like I've been saying I'm struggling and have discontinued most contact with others because of how complicated things seem. Although I'm embarrassed about my mistakes, I hope you are not burdened, and I am most relieved from confusion.

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

Are you seeing a difference between the time the message was posted at the bottom of the message and the date the member joined the forum to the side?

Yes Tara! Thanks for you patience. So very silly of me.

Pointless

Hnh, what do your lab tests show now?

Also, don't break off from your family and friends. Support from people close to you is critical.

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

Perhaps you can clarify another point Tara....When I first read your response I wrote the note of a few sentences long that now appears to me as on top of the second, shorter note. The next thing I noticed was that your comment to me was the last on the thread and it appeared that my response was absent so I wrote the second response. Serendipitously I went to my email to check for something and their was a note to return to the thread which I have done and note that both notes are there along with a comment from Pointless. Any clarity you might offer will make the road a bit smoother. Thanks again!

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

Hnh, what do your lab tests show now?

Also, don't break off from your family and friends. Support from people close to you is critical.

Thanks for the comment, I'm sure you are well intended. As much as you and Hallmark have something in common may you never know what I have known. Being a friend is a rare and wonderful gift and not all of us are so gifted. Love may be supreme and I have plenty for everyone, but a lifetime of abuse, back stabbing, and lies have taught me to give mercy and forgiveness and keep my distance from psychopaths who think sh***ing on others is a form of caring. As far as friends are concerned, there are many who are a joy to me and whom I keep in touch through phone etc. Please don't assume your experience is the same as others, its actually a form of selfishness and those of us struggling to our work through the lies sold all day long about our own health will benefit more from those who hear what we say and offer real information. Certainly there is another forum for family counselling, but thank God this ain't it. Honestly thanks for your good intentions and please don't take offense, "We take as much love out of the planet when we give offense as when we take offense", is a long standing motto. Your efforts are surely of the most kind, so once again, thank you, please refrain from responding to me with such tangents again.

Pointless

Thanks for the comment, I'm sure you are well intended. As much as you and Hallmark have something in common may you never know what I have known. Being a friend is a rare and wonderful gift and not all of us are so gifted. Love may be supreme and I have plenty for everyone, but a lifetime of abuse, back stabbing, and lies have taught me to give mercy and forgiveness and keep my distance from psychopaths who think sh***ing on others is a form of caring. As far as friends are concerned, there are many who are a joy to me and whom I keep in touch through phone etc. Please don't assume your experience is the same as others, its actually a form of selfishness and those of us struggling to our work through the lies sold all day long about our own health will benefit more from those who hear what we say and offer real information. Certainly there is another forum for family counselling, but thank God this ain't it. Honestly thanks for your good intentions and please don't take offense, "We take as much love out of the planet when we give offense as when we take offense", is a long standing motto. Your efforts are surely of the most kind, so once again, thank you, please refrain from responding to me with such tangents again.

It's not a tangent at all. We're all continuous with our environment including our social connections. It's not just a " Hallmark" idea, but it's essential for healing and true human development. This is a central Peat idea.

You mentioned your social issues twice, and it was in connection with the economy and complications (I assumed health-wise). I'm sorry for assuming that.

I said social support is critical, and I didn't mean that you should accept any form of abuse. On the contrary.

It would probably be better to start a new thread on the advice forum and we can talk about this without derailing this thread any further or limiting our discussion.

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

Pointless...how did you take that name? Being that I clearly asked you to focus your offering to practices rather than family counselling....if you can't hear me I suppose I'll have to block you from commenting....I'd rather stay open to everyone but I'm well aware that some people really can't behave within the boundaries politely asked. ONE LAST TIME, PLEASE REFRAIN WITH COMMENTS THAT SEEM A TANGENT TO ME! Can you imagine that a tangent to me is something else to you but clearly we have the right to work with our own values. I assure you I would respect your requests and hope you don't respond with more of this line of YOUR very much unappreciated stuff.

tara

Perhaps you can clarify another point Tara....When I first read your response I wrote the note of a few sentences long that now appears to me as on top of the second, shorter note. The next thing I noticed was that your comment to me was the last on the thread and it appeared that my response was absent so I wrote the second response. Serendipitously I went to my email to check for something and their was a note to return to the thread which I have done and note that both notes are there along with a comment from Pointless. Any clarity you might offer will make the road a bit smoother. Thanks again!
Hi heartnhands,
Not sure what you are referring to here, so I can't think how to help with this, sorry.

tara

Hi heartnhands,
This is a forum for people to share ideas, and you have posted asking for help and advice. It is common for people to have differing perspectives and opinions about what will be most helpful in general or for a particular member.

Sometimes the trouble we are in has something to do with our long-standing habits, so what will help is not always obvious or easy. We don't always know what we need, and it can be useful to get a wide range of ideas. Some of the ideas may be helpful for other readers if not for you. I don't know what will be helpful and what will be irrelevant for you - you are always in charge of deciding yourself what makes sense for you to do/try to help yourself - no-one here gets to decide that for you.

You can choose to ignore any posts you want to, but you don't get to forbid people from (courteous) posting. If you think a particular post breaches forum rules (Terms of Service and Rules | Ray Peat Forum), you are welcome to report it using the 'Report' link under each post, with a brief explanation about why, and the moderators will determine whether to do something about it. If you are going to find it too hard to have people respond with ideas you don't like, it may be better not to post in a fairly public forum.

Giraffe

If a moderator separates posts from a thread while a user is composing a reply, things get a bit confusing.

I guess this is what happened here. This discussion started in haidut's thread TyroMax - Custom, Liquid Thyroid (NDT), 3X, USP.

tara

Even now as I type my left leg vein is aching and I have taken a few aspirin, Niacinamide,Vitamin K4,Vitamin D, Thianeane, Coffee, fresh squeezed oj, 3,000mg of Calcium.

I'm not sure if you've posted more of a story elsewhere, but if not, do you want to tell more about your context? I understand you are using T4 medication, and that you are not feeling all that well, and that you have used some other medications, but I don't have clear picture of the symptoms you are unhappy about, what your general metabolism is like, what you are eating, etc.
What are the key issues you would like to improve?
Do you have any recent lab results relating to thyroid hormones?
Have you been measuring your temperature and resting heartrate?
What and how much are you eating?
Are you getting regular sunlight?
How is your breathing - relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic?

I don't recall hearing of vitamin K4 - what is that? Some of here use K2 and/or K1. K3 apparently does more harm than good.
I see you are getting a large amount of calcium - are you also getting a good amount of magnesium?
Not sure what you mean by thianeane - theanine or thiamine perhaps?

I think you were asking Haidut about his tyromax product. I guess you know this is a fairly recent formulation, and that people respond differently to it, so you probably can't get a guaranteed answer as to what will work for you - people are gradually trying it, gradually adjusting doses, etc, to assess personal reactions.
If you are making any changes to thyroid meds, I recommend monitoring temps and resting heartrate.

PS. If you want to make it clear which previous post or part of post you are replying to, you can select the content you want to quote and hit 'Reply' at the end of that post. If you want to see if your post is going to display the way you want, you can click the Preview button below.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals