Spider veins

OP
tseri12

tseri12

P

Peatness

how do you supplemtent zinc? or do you just eat oysters and or cacoa. I have developed white spots on a couple of my finger nails and dont have half moons on my fingers other than thumbs.
There are many conditions that can cause the white spots including zinc deficiency. This article shows a list of conditions that have the potential to cause the white spots. It might be worth reviewing your overall diet to work out what is missing. Are you getting enough calcium? What is your iron status etc

Oysters and red meat are good sources of zinc. If you choose to supplement there are many threads discussing zinc. Zinc gluconate seems to be popular. Perhaps get blood work done before supplementing.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

i drink lots of milk and eat lots of dairy and grass fed meat. i have not had my iron checked but should be getting plenty from meat

I am a 21 year old female that had a miscarriage last year at 12 weeks. In the past year that I miscarried i have been trying to take my health very seriously, working out, taking supplements, eating 85 percent prometabolic. i recently started taking progesterone mostly topically and noticed i started getting spider veins in my thigh area and stretch marks... I have gained weight since my miscarriage which is where stretch marks came from but i noticed that my spider veins on my legs have gotten a bit worse or maybe i didnt notice them as much before? I have taken aspirin low dose almost 3 times a week which hasnt helped. What are the cause of spider veins? is it poor blood circulation?

Here is a RP quote I ran across and thought of you tseri12.. .

"But, when the tissues contain large amounts of polyunsaturated fats, every episode of fatigue and prolonged excitation leaves a residue of oxidative damage, and the adaptive mechanisms become progressively less effective. When the most powerful adaptive mechanisms, such as the timely synthesis of progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, T3, and the inhibitory transmitters, GABA and glycine, fail, then some of the primitive defense mechanisms will become chronically activated, and even sleep may fail to restore normal cellular water and metabolism. Hyperventilation often becomes a problem, making capillary leakiness worse." -Ray Peat

OP
tseri12

tseri12

There are many conditions that can cause the white spots including zinc deficiency. This article shows a list of conditions that have the potential to cause the white spots. It might be worth reviewing your overall diet to work out what is missing. Are you getting enough calcium? What is your iron status etc

Oysters and red meat are good sources of zinc. If you choose to supplement there are many threads discussing zinc. Zinc gluconate seems to be popular. Perhaps get blood work done before supplementing.
Here is a RP quote I ran across and thought of you tseri12.. .

"But, when the tissues contain large amounts of polyunsaturated fats, every episode of fatigue and prolonged excitation leaves a residue of oxidative damage, and the adaptive mechanisms become progressively less effective. When the most powerful adaptive mechanisms, such as the timely synthesis of progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, T3, and the inhibitory transmitters, GABA and glycine, fail, then some of the primitive defense mechanisms will become chronically activated, and even sleep may fail to restore normal cellular water and metabolism. Hyperventilation often becomes a problem, making capillary leakiness worse." -Ray Peat
my whole childhood i was fed like crap, lunchables, very high Pufa diet. i was always skinny too when i was younger so when i gained weight after my miscarriage and started to exercise maybe that’s why my capillaries are leaking?

my whole childhood i was fed like crap, lunchables, very high Pufa diet. i was always skinny too when i was younger so when i gained weight after my miscarriage and started to exercise maybe that’s why my capillaries are leaking?

With that RP quote in mind, I think the miscarriage was a stressful situation in itself and then adding the stress of exercise made things worse.

P

Peatness

It must be awful trying to figure out what happened and what caused it. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s good that you are looking for ways to improve your health. Healing is a long process. Age in on your side regardless of past diet. Gentle exercise, perhaps yoga and walking in nature are very healing.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

It must be awful trying to figure out what happened and what caused it. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s good that you are looking for ways to improve your health. Healing is a long process. Age in on your side regardless of past diet. Gentle exercise, perhaps yoga and walking in nature are very healing.
it’s been very difficult, it was my first baby too so i really took it personally. and i was thinking about doing yoga instead. i’ll look into it thank you!

so how should i lose weight without exercising?

Ray Peat says 90% of weight loss is diet and 10% is moving around. Check out my new weight loss thread. I have lost 6 pounds of fat in the last month without doing anything different than cutting down my fat and upping my sugars A LOT.

P

Peatness

Below is an extract from an interview on weight loss by dr peat. @Rinse & rePeat has already mentioned some of these strategies.

My recommendation is to eat to increase the metabolic rate (usually temperature and heart rate), rather than any particular foods. Usually the increased metabolic rate, with adequate protein, causes some muscle increase, and when that happens the basic calorie requirement will increase. The increase of muscle mass should continue for several weeks, and during that time the weight might increase a little, but usually the loss of water and fat will compensate for the greater muscle mass. I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium. When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.

Per calorie, sugar is less fattening than starch, partly because it stimulates less insulin, and, when it's used with a good diet, because it increases the activity of thyroid hormone. There are several convenient indicators of the metabolic rate--the daily temperature cycle and pulse rate (the temperature should rise after breakfast), the amount of water lost by evaporation, and the speed of relaxation of muscles (Achilles reflex relaxation).

When the polyunsaturated fats in the diet are reduced, the amount of then stored in the tissues decreases for about four years, making it progressively easier to keep the metabolic rate up, and stress hormones down.

The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that's why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed.

There are different kinds of weight gain. When a person's metabolic rate increases, and stress hormones decrease, for example when adding two quarts of milk to the daily diet, their muscle mass is likely to increase, even while their fat is decreasing. Since muscle burns fat faster than fat does, caloric requirements will gradually increase.

People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat. It's important to watch the signs of changing heat production as the diet changes.

I know people who have lost weight just by eating a raw carrot every day, reducing endotoxin stress. The liver treats PUFA as it treats toxins, but when their concentration is too high, they poison the detoxifying system. Oleic acid, which we can make ourselves from carbohydrates, greatly activates the detox enzyme system.
That's why a resistant (antiseptic) fiber such as bamboo shoots or raw carrot helps with weight loss, it reduces endotoxin and the stress hormones, and lets the liver metabolize more effectively.

It's the stored PUFA, released by stress or hunger, that slow metabolism. Niacinamide helps to lower free fatty acids, and good nutrition will allow the liver to slowly detoxify the PUFA, if it isn't being flooded with large amounts of them. A small amount of coconut oil with each meal will increase the ability to oxidize fat, by momentarily stopping the antithyroid effect of the PUFA. Aspirin is another thing that reduces the stress-related increase of free fatty acids, stimulating metabolism. Taking a thyroid supplement is reasonable until the ratio of saturated fats to PUFA is about 2 to 1.

Yes, it's best to lose it slowly. When I tried adding about a tablespoon of coconut oil once a day I lost about two pounds a week, for several weeks, without eating less.

Some muscle-building resistance exercise might help to increase the anabolic ratio, reducing the belly fat. Most of the research shows that it increases the metabolic rate, tending to prevent obesity.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

Below is an extract from an interview on weight loss by dr peat. @Rinse & rePeat has already mentioned some of these strategies.

My recommendation is to eat to increase the metabolic rate (usually temperature and heart rate), rather than any particular foods. Usually the increased metabolic rate, with adequate protein, causes some muscle increase, and when that happens the basic calorie requirement will increase. The increase of muscle mass should continue for several weeks, and during that time the weight might increase a little, but usually the loss of water and fat will compensate for the greater muscle mass. I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium. When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.

Per calorie, sugar is less fattening than starch, partly because it stimulates less insulin, and, when it's used with a good diet, because it increases the activity of thyroid hormone. There are several convenient indicators of the metabolic rate--the daily temperature cycle and pulse rate (the temperature should rise after breakfast), the amount of water lost by evaporation, and the speed of relaxation of muscles (Achilles reflex relaxation).

When the polyunsaturated fats in the diet are reduced, the amount of then stored in the tissues decreases for about four years, making it progressively easier to keep the metabolic rate up, and stress hormones down.

The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that's why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed.

There are different kinds of weight gain. When a person's metabolic rate increases, and stress hormones decrease, for example when adding two quarts of milk to the daily diet, their muscle mass is likely to increase, even while their fat is decreasing. Since muscle burns fat faster than fat does, caloric requirements will gradually increase.

People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat. It's important to watch the signs of changing heat production as the diet changes.

I know people who have lost weight just by eating a raw carrot every day, reducing endotoxin stress. The liver treats PUFA as it treats toxins, but when their concentration is too high, they poison the detoxifying system. Oleic acid, which we can make ourselves from carbohydrates, greatly activates the detox enzyme system.
That's why a resistant (antiseptic) fiber such as bamboo shoots or raw carrot helps with weight loss, it reduces endotoxin and the stress hormones, and lets the liver metabolize more effectively.

It's the stored PUFA, released by stress or hunger, that slow metabolism. Niacinamide helps to lower free fatty acids, and good nutrition will allow the liver to slowly detoxify the PUFA, if it isn't being flooded with large amounts of them. A small amount of coconut oil with each meal will increase the ability to oxidize fat, by momentarily stopping the antithyroid effect of the PUFA. Aspirin is another thing that reduces the stress-related increase of free fatty acids, stimulating metabolism. Taking a thyroid supplement is reasonable until the ratio of saturated fats to PUFA is about 2 to 1.

Yes, it's best to lose it slowly. When I tried adding about a tablespoon of coconut oil once a day I lost about two pounds a week, for several weeks, without eating less.

Some muscle-building resistance exercise might help to increase the anabolic ratio, reducing the belly fat. Most of the research shows that it increases the metabolic rate, tending to prevent obesity.
thank you so much for this information, i will start to eat more coconut oil and try to find a low-fat grass fed milk with no fortified vits. i do take raw bovine thyroid but will hold off until i get my pufa situation sorted along with less exercise. i do have vit E supplements from mitolife i’ll take more consistently with carrot too. i hate the carrot salads with coconut oil and salt. i usually just eat the carrot whole...

Vins7

I have a spider vein in my face, do you know if it's reversible naturally? Can it disappear over time?
My doctor told me no, he said the only solution is the laser.

golder

I have a spider vein in my face, do you know if it's reversible naturally? Can it disappear over time?
My doctor told me no, he said the only solution is the laser.
Is the laser safe as a last in line solution if we can’t rectify it through natural means?

Vins7

I
Is the laser safe as a last in line solution if we can’t rectify it through natural means?
I have no idea, it was my doctor's recommendation. It is a specific type of technique, she told me that with the other techniques a white spot could remain.

golder

I

I have no idea, it was my doctor's recommendation. It is a specific type of technique, she told me that with the other techniques a white spot could remain.
Nice. Why aren’t you just lasering it off then if this technique doesn’t leave any white spots like other alternative methods?

Vins7

Nice. Why aren’t you just lasering it off then if this technique doesn’t leave any white spots like other alternative methods?
I had the consultation with the dermatologist a short time ago. I have to move because there are no centers that do it in my city, it does not seem that it is cheap and removing this red stain from my face is not a priority for me right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals