• 10 weeks or more

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 12 weeks or more

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 14 weeks or more

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

maillol

@Moshi If you want some doxy or azithromycin tell your sexual health clinic that a recent sexual partner of yours has tested positive for chlamydia. The treatment is the same as for pneumonia.

LLight

Endotoxemia and circulating bacteriome in severe COVID-19 patients

Background: When severe, COVID-19 shares many clinical features with bacterial sepsis. Yet, secondary bacterial infection is uncommon. However, as epithelium are injured and barrier function is lost, bacterial products entering the circulation might contribute to the pathophysiology of COVID-19. Methods: We studied 19 adults, severely ill patients with COVID-19 infection, who were admitted to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, between 13th March and 17th April 2020. Blood samples on day 1, 3, and 7 of enrollment were analyzed for endotoxin activity assay (EAA), Beta-D-Glucan (BG), and 16S rRNA gene sequencing to determine the circulating bacteriome. Findings: Of the 19 patients, 14 were in intensive care and 10 patients received mechanical ventilation. We found 8 patients with high EAA (≥ 0.6) and about half of the patients had high serum BG levels which tended to be higher in later in the illness. Although only 1 patient had a positive blood culture, 18 of 19 patients were positive for 16S rRNA gene amplification. Proteobacteria was the most abundant phylum. The diversity of bacterial genera was decreased overtime. Interpretation: Bacterial DNA and toxins were discovered in virtual all severely ill COVID-19 pneumonia patients. This raises a previously unrecognized concern for significant contribution of bacterial products in the pathogenesis of this disease.​

OP
Moshi

Moshi

@ecstatichamster no. My country’s health care system is supposed to be so good, but it’s really horrible, especially in situations like this. All public resources are now focussed on all the critical patients in the ICU’s. If you’re not critical, you’re on your own.
@LLight yes. I have been wondering about this, and how the virus interacts with bacteria... an old bacterial skin infection that I thought had been extinguished two years ago with antibiotics has flared up again..... I’m considering antibacterial herbs as a first step...

I’m getting more and more swollen veins as well, and wondering how to best try and protect endothelial function/cells...? Already taking bioflavonoids/hesperidin...

@ecstatichamster no. My country’s health care system is supposed to be so good, but it’s really horrible, especially in situations like this. All public resources are now focussed on all the critical patients in the ICU’s. If you’re not critical, you’re on your own.
@LLight yes. I have been wondering about this, and how the virus interacts with bacteria... an old bacterial skin infection that I thought had been extinguished two years ago with antibiotics has flared up again..... I’m considering antibacterial herbs as a first step...

I’m getting more and more swollen veins as well, and wondering how to best try and protect endothelial function/cells...? Already taking bioflavonoids/hesperidin...

I probably would get one if I could. You might have pneumonia.

Last edited:
OP
Moshi

Moshi

@ecstatichamster I tried, but to no avail. Pneumonia is not my biggest concern (very low body temp, normal CRP) embolism and thrombosis is....
@not_James_Bond thanks for the reminder, I think I may have these at home...,
@boris Lutinus (swedish brand) bio-identical prescription vags 100mg daily

rei

Linus Pauling was of the opinion that enough vitamin C can cure any infectious disease. Up to 150 grams IV daily (but you need to test levels to take such doses safely). Even orally works because "bowel tolerance" is increased when there is rapid consumption due to ongoing disease. You said you had problems with ascorbic acid, so try sodium ascorbate or IV administration, or even liposomal. Consume it at a slow pace until you get diarrhea, then rest. It may very well take 20-30 g, while it is commonly 10-15 g if you are healthy. Also i have read that taurine can help in the absorption of vitamin C, so you may want to add 100mg per 10 gram or so.

Diokine

@Moshi

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing such trouble. Have you tried melatonin? The evidence seems to support it's role in maintaining vascular health. Has your digestion changed at all? Do you tolerate sunlight? What is your sleep like?

tankasnowgod

Linus Pauling was of the opinion that enough vitamin C can cure any infectious disease. Up to 150 grams IV daily (but you need to test levels to take such doses safely). Even orally works because "bowel tolerance" is increased when there is rapid consumption due to ongoing disease. You said you had problems with ascorbic acid, so try sodium ascorbate or IV administration, or even liposomal. Consume it at a slow pace until you get diarrhea, then rest. It may very well take 20-30 g, while it is commonly 10-15 g if you are healthy. Also i have read that taurine can help in the absorption of vitamin C, so you may want to add 100mg per 10 gram or so.

I've knocked out illnesses in the past with going to "bowel tolerance." In those cases, it was usually 25-30 grams, taken over the course of a few hours. Worked really well.

I had a cold earlier this year with that lingering dry cough for weeks (what many people think may be COVID), and I used oxydized vitamin C with Methylene Blue for several days. I didn't dose to bowel tolerance that time, but took the oxidized vitamin C (DHAA) and Methylene Blue combo for about a week straight.

lvysaur

I've knocked out illnesses in the past with going to "bowel tolerance." In those cases, it was usually 25-30 grams, taken over the course of a few hours.

Was this oral vitamin C? Normal or liposomal?

@ecstatichamster I tried, but to no avail. Pneumonia is not my biggest concern (very low body temp, normal CRP) embolism and thrombosis is....
@not_James_Bond thanks for the reminder, I think I may have these at home...,
@boris Lutinus (swedish brand) bio-identical prescription vags 100mg daily

I still suggest a chest x-ray. You could have TB or pneumonia despite low CRP and low body temperatures.

Rasaari

Have you taken aspirin? Also penicillin might not be enough. It might be a bacterial infection after viral infection which is common. There was a study posted by @RealNeat on the forum how covid might help anaerobic bacteria get foothold and antibiotics targeting anaerobes would be necessary for the second infection https://osf.io/s48fv/.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There was a study posted by @RealNeat on the forum how covid might help anaerobic bacteria get foothold and antibiotics targeting anaerobes would be necessary for the second infection https://osf.io/s48fv/
Rasaari, welcome to the forum.

Which antibiotics would someone want to consider for targeting anaerobes?

Fred

I still suggest a chest x-ray. You could have TB or pneumonia despite low CRP and low body temperatures.

I'm not saying there's never a time for x-rays, but Ray Peat is STRONGLY against x-rays, as they can have life-long consequences.

I'm not saying there's never a time for x-rays, but Ray Peat is STRONGLY against x-rays, as they can have life-long consequences.

Yes but sometimes they are needed. I had to have one in order to diagnose pneumonia. It is the only way to really diagnose pneumonia and sometimes TB.

Fred

Yes but sometimes they are needed. I had to have one in order to diagnose pneumonia. It is the only way to really diagnose pneumonia and sometimes TB.

Wouldn't it be better to assume pneumonia and treat it with antibiotics rather than do long-term damage to the body with x-rays? I don't know, just asking.

Rasaari

Rasaari, welcome to the forum.

Which antibiotics would someone want to consider for targeting anaerobes?
Thanks @charlie :) . Usually metronidazole (flagyl) is part of the treatment. One should also include some other antibiotic with more aerobic activity, as metronidazole only has activity against anaerobes. Usually in practice it is complimented with cefalexin, but there are other options, for example penicillin class.
Edit. Doxycycline could also be used.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals