Risk of COVID-19 infection myocarditis not higher compared to other viruses

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am posting this as something corroborating Peat's comments that the risks of many so-called "long" COVID-19 after-effects and pathologies is not higher compared to the risk caused by infection with other viruses. Myocarditis is probably the most commonly mentioned risk of getting a COVID-19 infection, and the study below suggests the risk of getting myocarditis from COVID-19 is comparable to the risk from other viruses, and maybe even lower. Now, the risk of myocarditis from getting a COVID-19 vaccine IS higher than the natural infection. How much higher, we still don't exactly know, but the data so far is not looking too favorable for the vaccines.
@Mito @ecstatichamster

thanks @haidut

I get the distinct impression that Dr. Peat doesn't believe in "long Covid" and I think that he has indicated that people can suffer from a cold or flu for weeks or months, and never recover, depending upon the state of their health when they get infected.

My aged mother died from a routine UTI. One thing leads to another and an old sick person is soon dead. It can be from anything.

So many people are really unhealthy so the Covid or whatever it is knocks them down and they stay down for a long time or for the duration.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
thanks @haidut

I get the distinct impression that Dr. Peat doesn't believe in "long Covid" and I think that he has indicated that people can suffer from a cold or flu for weeks or months, and never recover, depending upon the state of their health when they get infected.

My aged mother died from a routine UTI. One thing leads to another and an old sick person is soon dead. It can be from anything.

So many people are really unhealthy so the Covid or whatever it is knocks them down and they stay down for a long time or for the duration.

Yeah, I am afraid you are right, and it matches the other threads we have here on "young" people now having rates of "old people" diseases higher than....well, old people. I wonder how many people diagnosed with official chronic (incurable) conditions such as chronic "bronchitis" or COPD are simply cases of chronic low-grade bacterial or viral infection they cannot overcome due to their poor metabolic state...

Last edited:
Yeah, I am afraid you are right, and it matches the other threads we have here on "young" people now having rates of "old people" diseases than....well, old people. I wonder how many people diagnosed with official chronic (incurable) conditions such as chronic "bronchitis" or COPD are simply cases of chronic low-grade bacterial or viral infection they cannot overcome due to their poor metabolic state...
I think nowadays, that people, from the time they are babies, are already sick…or immune compromised due to all the vaccinations they receive from the beginning of their lives. So when they happen to get the bioengineered Covid virus, it pushes them over the edge healthwise. And if they go a step further and get Covid vaccinated, they are immune compromised even further. And if their diet is bad, well, their days are numbered…

oxphoser

I am posting this as something corroborating Peat's comments that the risks of many so-called "long" COVID-19 after-effects and pathologies is not higher compared to the risk caused by infection with other viruses. Myocarditis is probably the most commonly mentioned risk of getting a COVID-19 infection, and the study below suggests the risk of getting myocarditis from COVID-19 is comparable to the risk from other viruses, and maybe even lower. Now, the risk of myocarditis from getting a COVID-19 vaccine IS higher than the natural infection. How much higher, we still don't exactly know, but the data so far is not looking too favorable for the vaccines.
@Mito @ecstatichamster

Yes, I agree. I was surprised to see the study below which suggests that pericarditis is caused by……hypothyroidism!

———————————————​

Pericardial diseases in patients with hypothyroidism​

Johnny Chahine 1, Chandra K Ala 2, James L Gentry 2, Kevin M Pantalone 3, Allan L Klein 4
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Hypothyroidism is a well-known cause of pericardial effusion (with an incidence of 3%-37%) and can cause cardiac tamponade in severe cases. In this review, we present the current knowledge on the epidemiology of hypothyroid-induced pericardial diseases, the mechanism through which low thyroid hormone levels affect the pericardium, the associated clinical manifestations, diagnostic tests and management options. Hypothyroidism causes pericardial effusion through increased permeability of the epicardial vessels and decreased lymphatic drainage of albumin, resulting in accumulation of fluid in the pericardial space. Interestingly, autoimmunity does not seem to play a major role in the pathophysiology, and a majority of effusions are asymptomatic due to slow fluid accumulation. The diagnosis is generally made when the pericardial disease is associated with an elevated thyroid-stimulating hormone level, and other secondary causes are excluded. Management consists of thyroid replacement therapy, along with pericardial drainage in case of tamponade.In conclusion, hypothyroidism-induced pericardial diseases are underdiagnosed. Initiating treatment early in the disease process and preventing complications relies on early diagnosis through systematic screening per guidelines.

LadyRae

@Mito @ecstatichamster

Unvaxed 44 year old female here...
I came down with covid on October 9th in Disneyland after enduring a very stressful several days there... I wasn't home around any of my supplements or emergency measures and so I was extremely sick with fever and aches and pains and even flew home that way on the 12th. The extreme exhaustion was incredible.

Now, about 3 weeks later, I am having chest pain and dizziness and muscle aches and fatigue and I'm worried that it is myocarditis.

I think that my viral load must have been really high because I came down with covid during a very stressed out time (Disneyland) and I think my innate immune system wasn't able to attack the virus right away. I also hiked 300 miles in August backpacking, and it's very possible that my body was still feeling the stress of that....

I definitely feel kind of depressed about it and disappointed in myself