L-Citruline good? bad? thoughts?

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Im glad I reached out and posted this question on here...

so sounds like supplementing some amount and variation of L-Ornithine, L-Citrullline and L-Arginine,,, can be helpful with working out, body building etc...

any thoughts on what to start with? L-Citrullline ?

Andy316

If I had to guess, the damage with these Amino Acids comes when people take too much of it. You know, body builders and the like. I take a tiny amount. Like I do everything. Yes, too much Nitric Oxide turns bad, so don't take a lot. Seems simple enough to me *shrug*
@HeyThere Did you get chickenpox as a kid? I heard Arginine reactivates the virus responsible for chicken pox/shingles. I'm planning to take Citrulline Malate but I am afraid it will bring back the virus causing Shingles. I could try a very tiny dose like 1/4th of teaspoon to see how I feel.

HeyThere

@HeyThere Did you get chickenpox as a kid? I heard Arginine reactivates the virus responsible for chicken pox/shingles. I'm planning to take Citrulline Malate but I am afraid it will bring back the virus causing Shingles. I could try a very tiny dose like 1/4th of teaspoon to see how I feel.

I did.

BTW, 1/4 of a tsp would be a massive dose *for me*. I take such a tiny pinch. Actually, I was taking about 1/16th of a tsp every morning for about 5 days straight recently to experiment and it backfired on me (again, I am stupidly sensitive). At work, when I'd get stressed on any level my chest would go into like a sort of asthmatic spasm (tight) and it just felt wrong. I stopped taking it and it went away in a few days. I can only think it was the L-Cit because that is a symptom of having too much. That said, again, body builders take a lot of this stuff and they're fine. I'm just hyper sensitive to everything.

Andy316

@HeyThere thanks mate. I actually feel boosting NO could help me but the thought of getting chicken pox/shingles again is worrying. I will try a tiny speck and see. And I totally understand, I used to be a bodybuilder myself and could take all this preworkout amino acid supplements without issues, but now even a 400iu vitamin d supplement kills me. I also tried honey like you advised but I think the fructose doesn't sit well with me. How do you do with watermelon especially the rinds for citrulline?

HeyThere

@HeyThere thanks mate. I actually feel boosting NO could help me but the thought of getting chicken pox/shingles again is worrying. I will try a tiny speck and see. And I totally understand, I used to be a bodybuilder myself and could take all this preworkout amino acid supplements without issues, but now even a 400iu vitamin d supplement kills me. I also tried honey like you advised but I think the fructose doesn't sit well with me. How do you do with watermelon especially the rinds for citrulline?

Never tried the rinds. I will say, once I reactivated my Nitric oxide (it was DOA - bad diet, stress, lots of alcohol, etc) I get massive boosts when I eat or drink certain things. It's truly wild. Lots of vitamins and minerals activate it as well.

HeyThere

@HeyThere could you please share which food and vitamins help you the most?

Foods, none. Always had issues. Salicylate rich = issues. (look up the list)

B12, B9, B1, (I have issues with B2 & B5 not sure why), C gives me hives and itching like mad no matter the version of it, D3 & K2. Next try out is Niacin/B3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals