Jennifer's Recovery Log

Peat's_Girl

You know wot. I got hyped up on coffee so I was devising this super OCD "perfect day" to see what I need to do to survive on this diet, pain free. I was trying to play with my Crono nutrients. Do you know how much potassium one need's according to Peat? I can get 3,000mg but Crono says it's not enough! What the H?!

I'm thinking since I sort of have no cravings for stuff (I'm shocked too) I can just eat the same stuff every day and make sure I get ALL THE NUTRIENTS in first and foremost, because I've been going about this completely wrong and this is probably why I've been cramping and dying from lack of energy.

I'm willing to sacrifice variety for some good ol' fashioned health ;)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I wonder if you lack cravings because you're in so much pain and possibly mentally exhausted at trying figure out what food is the source of this pain?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
9b96hx.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs

:disco

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh that photo sums it up perfectly! That little girl knows how to really sell it! Hehe!

And yay to The Boss! And Courtney Cox. LOL

It's sick how much I'm enjoying those disco smilies. They have more glitz than a BeDazzler convention. Love it! :D

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
I wonder if you lack cravings because you're in so much pain and possibly mentally exhausted at trying figure out what food is the source of this pain?

You know it, and I know it. We just gotta keep on going... And keep on :disco

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Thanks, Ally! :)

I started out getting around 2000 calories, but as the week progressed I was down to 500 for a couple of days. The potato and grape juice caused a really bad burning in my gut and bam! The rash was resurrected!

I'm sorry babe ;(
With these things it doesn't matter what anyone says when it comes to our poor little (and sometimes not so little >;c) bellies... Even if their name rhymes with meat (;B) you should always listen to yourself first before you take the advice of other experts (learn from my mistakes!).
We've already pretty much established that our bellies are two finicky rich princesses.
I think they're trying to sway us to eat nothing but grass-fed butter, French goat milk and organically grown berries shipped from the Himalayan mountains. (Sadly, our financial circumstances can't satisfy their cravings so they can keep on dreaming!) :neener

I'm thinking of getting like a blank notebook where I can put down foods that make me feel good and foods that make me feel horrible. (I know for a fact I'd need a whole notebook for this!).

So far, I've got a single entry:
Beef bone broth.

In the last week when I was curled up like a dying caterpillar in a perfect circle of agony the only thing I could consume was some salted bone broth! So simple right? I bought those bones a week ago and they were just waiting for me to use them in my time of need!

I think that powdered goat milk could be that healing thing for you! But have you tried REAL bone broth?
Do you have access to some beef tendons/ ox tails/ knuckles/ etc.?
I can't believe I've lived so long without this. I will gladly travel by train and bus to the Korean store and buy these bones again (even though they cost 16$!!!) because I don't think I can survive without them.

It's strange I looked everywhere for some bones. Asian markets, African markets... But found them near my favourite restaurant! It's probably why I love kalbi tang so much (a clear beef bone broth with rib meat) and it makes sense they would sell it, so that people could make Kalbi tan at home.
Do you ave a Korean area you could visit? I can recommend some foods if you go! They usually have a huge variety of nourishing soups and tasty meaty dishes --nothing junky and laden with PUFAs.
Maybe they sell some bones at a store nearby? I think a broth made from real bones can make a huge difference for you Jen.

Oh. Another thing I can add to my list is young coconut! I'm telling you coconut is a superfood
no country should be without! They're healing powerhouses. Did you order some of the flesh?
I wish you could get real coconuts. They're a b**** to open but worth the effort.
I don't know how the packaged coconut flesh would compare.

SQu

About bone broths - my 15 year old gets stomach pains, can be bad. Homemade chicken soup made with a broth fix it like nothing else. When anyone is sick or run down I give it to them because even if their stomach is fine, inflammation, stress etc might change that.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks Ally and sueq for the suggestion. I'm an old pro at making bone broth. :) I was getting bones from the farm where I got my raw milk and having at least 8 ounces of it everyday, back when I first fractured. I tried making it last year and I was gagging from the smell. Not to be a wimp about it, but I'll have to make it outside on the deck in my cauldron...err...I mean my crockpot. :lol: I'm just not big into animal parts. The smell, the bones, the guts and organs...bleh!

So I just got my reorder of powdered milk, milk of magnesia and MCT oil. I had it sitting there on the kitchen counter and had to laugh. I ended up grabbing all the foods I currently eat and took a picture. I ran out of ice cream so that's missing, but look at how bizzare my diet looks:

So what do you think? Can we put together a cookbook based on these most appetizing foods? It sort of looks like K-rations. Ooh...I know! It could be the Peat cookbook "survival addition."

Peat's_Girl said:
They're a b**** to open but worth the effort.
Ah, then you need the coco jack!

http://www.coco-jack.com

I contacted Whole Foods to see if they can order the frozen flesh and I'm just waiting to hear back from them. The guy I spoke with wasn't sure if they could get it since it's only sold at Whole Foods on the West Coast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 235

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Thanks Ally and sueq for the suggestion. I'm an old pro at making bone broth. :) I was getting bones from the farm where I got my raw milk and having at least 8 ounces of it everyday, back when I first fractured. I tried making it last year and I was gagging from the smell. Not to be a wimp about it, but I'll have to make it outside on the deck in my cauldron...err...I mean my crockpot. :lol: I'm just not big into animal parts. The smell, the bones, the guts and organs...bleh!

So I just got my reorder of powdered milk, milk of magnesia and MCT oil. I had it sitting there on the kitchen counter and had to laugh. I ended up grabbing all the foods I currently eat and took a picture. I ran out of ice cream so that's missing, but look at how bizzare my diet looks:

So what do you think? Can we put together a cookbook based on these most appetizing foods? It sort of looks like K-rations. Ooh...I know! It could be the Peat cookbook "survival addition."

Peat's_Girl said:
They're a b**** to open but worth the effort.
Ah, then you need the coco jack!

http://www.coco-jack.com

I contacted Whole Foods to see if they can order the frozen flesh and I'm just waiting to hear back from them. The guy I spoke with wasn't sure if they could get it since it's only sold at Whole Foods on the West Coast.

Why does that retarded mallet thing cost $70 Y_Y

Peat's_Girl

What're you talkin' about Willis?

I just get ox bones. Boil some water with some bone broth (a commercial one), put in some carrots, celery, onions, garlic gloves and simmer it. The smell is heavenly beefy! I also started including beef tendons in the mix.

Oh, and yeah if you only like chicken broth. I use the meat for roasting but keep the bony breast part and boil that with celery, garlic, etc.

;3

tara

Peat's_Girl said:
I can get 3,000mg but Crono says it's not enough! What the H?!
I don't know if he's said how much, but I know he's keen on getting enough - it's one of the reasons he gives for getting lots of one's sugar from fruit and juice. It helps us use the sugar well. Cronometer might be roughly right.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
What're you talkin' about Willis?

I just get ox bones. Boil some water with some bone broth (a commercial one), put in some carrots, celery, onions, garlic gloves and simmer it. The smell is heavenly beefy! I also started including beef tendons in the mix.

Oh, and yeah if you only like chicken broth. I use the meat for roasting but keep the bony breast part and boil that with celery, garlic, etc.

;3
Ooh...thank you for your recipe. I was using ox bones too! I didn't use onions, garlic or carrots, though. I also didn't use bone broth in place of water. It had this odd marrow/fat smell, but it did gel up really well. I'll try your way. I can't imagine it not tasting good with the addition of onions and garlic.

You probably hate the thought of garlic now after your pleasant experiment, huh?

Peat's_Girl

No. Not at all. I love the smell of garlic, but I will never eat it raw again. Lesson learned!
Garlic has to be cooked and it has that wonderful smell and taste, like garlic shrimp, or garlic ribs, or garlic bread... Mmmm!

Peat's_Girl

And yeah the spices are essential. It's my bf's simple little recipe because he worked at a restaurant where they made this consomme by simmering veal bones and vegetable scraps for 2-3 days! So tasty! You want the garlic and the vegetables because the simmering will imbue the broth with both beautiful fragrances and essential minerals!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Ah, makes sense! You're lucky you have such a great cook for a boyfriend! :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

So I've been craving lots of ice cream and having at least 2+ quarts of it daily, on top of goat's milk, eggs and maple syrup. All that refined sugar is probably not ideal, but I'm really craving dense sugars and I can only tolerate so much honey before my gut starts to burn and the rash comes out to play. I'm thinking of making homemade ice cream using at least part, if not all, maple syrup as my sweetener. Since I'll be using milk from powder, I can reduce the water to balance out the liquid in the syrup. I'm starting an experiment to see how long before I smell like ice cream. Instead of the gold standard questionnaire, I'll be using primal proof. If I'm attacked by a wild animal while out gardening, I'll know it was a success! Anyone else want to try it with me? Anyone?!

One thing I've noticed is I'm still getting a churning gut after having ice cream and milk. I'm also getting some moaning in my lower intestines. I think my twin I ate in the womb is fighting back again. Hey, what can I say?! He's like his sis and never gives up. ;) Anyhow, I was thinking I needed to cut down my fluid intake, but now I'm not so sure if it's that. When I was taking the high dose of minocycline, the churning stopped. Also, my white tongue has returned. Not good!

I'm using up all the Pacific Foods bone broth I have in the pantry and after that, I'll be making my own. The Pacific broth doesn't gel so I'm not sure how beneficial it is. I'm also ordering more Great Lakes gelatin to make gummies. It may sound weird, but I want some food in my diet I can actually chew. Something about eating a solid food makes me feel satisfied. Does anyone know if gelatin gummies are as healing to the stomach as bone broth? I know, I know! I'm being a baby and need to just have the broth, but fruity gummies shaped like little animals are way more tasty and so darn cute! :P

My temps have gone up a little from an average of 96.8 (morning) and 97.4 (daytime) to a morning average of 97.4 and 98 degrees during the day. And just this afternoon, I hit 98.1. Woo-hoo! It's a beautiful thing! I see my doctor tomorrow and will be asking for a full blood panel workup. I haven't had my cholesterol, thyroid and other hormones tested since December so I need to know where I stand.

Tonight's songs...some Seger...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOA24hAe60

https://vimeo.com/112509495

tara

Yay for fruit juice gummies. I don't know how they compare with broth for guts, but they are nice. I usually add extra sucrose in mine.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Great! Thank you, tara! I'll test them both out, but I think I'll be sticking with the gummies. :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I had my doctor's visit this afternoon and I told her how serious my depression is now so I'm having a crazy amount of blood work done. Brace yourselves! This is what Dr. O is having checked...

TSH, free T3, free T4, reverse T3, TPO, thyroglobulin, Ab, FSH, LH, estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-s, iron, ferritin, CBC with diff, CMP, lipid panel, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin B1, vitamin C, vitamin A and 25-OH vitamin D.

I'm suppose to fast from midnight on for about 14 hours, but the nurse said because of my size, I have to be careful since they'll be taking a lot of blood. I get nervous now when they take that much blood because I start to feel like I'm going to pass out after the sixth or seventh vile. I'm not positive, but I thought the consensus on the forum was that we shouldn't fast because that will raise stress hormones and skew the results? I'm not sure though if eating will mess with the vitamin results?

Dr. O also wrote me in a prescription for Nystatin. She really thinks I'm dealing with candida, especially since taking the Minocycline. I had started developing the white tongue again while still on the Mino that now won't go away and the rest of me is so itchy. I think thebigp mentioned Ray not thinking too fondly of Nystatin so I'm not sure what to do. I also asked her if I should consume bone broth or gelatin and she said either one is good and it just depends on which one doesn't hurt my stomach.

My depression has gotten so bad that it's really brought to light painful stuff from my childhood I thought I had fully gotten over but apparently haven't. I've hardly been talking (IRL) at all lately and instead I've been journaling. I've been having some very vivid dreams involving my past that make it clear to me what I've been holding onto all these years. I've definitely overcome a lot of my baggage, but recent situations and comments have triggered something in me that I need to work on if I'm ever going to grow, both body and soul. In my opinion, you can't have one without the other here in the physical and if I'm ever going to have truly healthy relationships, I have to have a healthy one with myself first. I deserve to know myself. Not my broken self, but my true self. I have a feeling I'm going to love her. ;)

For tonight's songs, I thought we could take it down a notch. The past few weeks I've been listening to a lot of peaceful and beautiful Sleeping At Last...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ifR2A9Afbk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf4arzZXEiA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VKBfsz3P7Us

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals