Jeff Rogan-Interview Hmm

OP
Ktbridge

Ktbridge

Disagree with intermittent fasting. I can’t believe he is a Harward professor!

Runenight201

Lol you must of missed the other thread where this exact interview was posted.

Ray Peat roasted David by equating his advancements to science in equal measure as Barbara Walters.

I find it interesting that he celebrates doing things that make it easier to miss meals, as if by torturing their body they’re doing something positive. I bet all the science they run on IF shows benefits because it’s giving the body a break from the toxic crap people put into it on the regular, but correctly feed the body proper foods, and I can’t see how IF could ever be superior performance and quality of life wise.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Disagree with intermittent fasting. I can’t believe he is a Harward professor!

David Sinclair is one of the most accomplished fraudsters of modern time, and he most certainly belongs in Harvard. He was the main person behind the resveratrol scam of the early 2000s, which resulted in him forming a company to sell a patented version of resveratrol, and that company was bought by GSK for $700mil. The company quickly went under when several clinical trials with the "miracle" patented resveratrol were cancelled due to deaths in the active group. Needless to say Mr. Sinclair emerged unscathed and kept all of the money he got from the company sale. Now he peddles other sirtuin (SIRT) activators similar to resveratrol, and of course intermittent fasting as it also activates those genes.
The fact that proven fraudsters like him not only get rich from killing others but keep coming back with the same idea in a new wrap (and successfully so) gives me serious doubts about the future of humanity.

OP
Ktbridge

Ktbridge

Wow!
Thank you @haidut !
Yes I don’t buy his theory . My son send me this article.

Yes I must of missed the article @Runenight201 .
Thanks!
Can’t believe he is still healthy with his intermittent fasting.

Intermittent fasting was beneficial for me for the first year. I had endless energy, put on muscle fast, and went from around 20% to 15% body fat. The following 3 years I stayed on IF left me fatter heavier and more fatigued than before I started. It should not be done for long periods, it is extremely unhealthy in the long run especially if you have high levels of daily stress. Getting the bulk of your energy from stress hormones is terrible in the long run, similar to how long term amphetamine abuse will wreck a person.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Texon

David Sinclair is one of the most accomplished fraudsters of modern time, and he most certainly belongs in Harvard. He was the main person behind the resveratrol scam of the early 2000s, which resulted in him forming a company to sell a patented version of resveratrol, and that company was bought by GSK for $700mil. The company quickly went under when several clinical trials with the "miracle" patented resveratrol were cancelled due to deaths in the active group. Needless to say Mr. Sinclair emerged unscathed and kept all of the money he got from the company sale. Now he peddles other sirtuin (SIRT) activators similar to resveratrol, and of course intermittent fasting as it also activates those genes.
The fact that proven fraudsters like him not only get rich from killing others but keep coming back with the same idea in a new wrap (and successfully so) gives me serious doubts about the future of humanity.
Maybe a dumb question but are you saying that humans actually died as a result of participation in the trials? I recall taking one capsule of Google's Elysium (NAM + pterostilbene), and had enough of a negative reaction that I never took it again.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe a dumb question but are you saying that humans actually died as a result of participation in the trials? I recall taking one capsule of Google's Elysium (NAM + pterostilbene), and had enough of a negative reaction that I never took it again.

See below. I think 2 of those affected people died shortly after the study was stopped. At the time, the news articles said they were not taking any other drugs. It is hard to say if the resveratrol directly killed them, but the fact that deaths occurred only in the active group taking resveratrol is enough to stop a trial and kill the prospects of this chemical ever getting approved.
Xconomy: Glaxo Stops Study of Sirtris "Red Wine" Drug in Cancer Patients
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2010/05/03/srt501_a_trial_suspended
"...A comment to this post on the Sirtris compound saga just had me checking Clinicaltrials.gov. And indeed the commenter is correct: a trial against myeloma of a combination of Velcade (bortezomib) and SRT501, which I believe is reformulated resveratrol itself, was suspended as of April 22 for “unexpected safety concerns”."
https://artscolumbia.org/essays/sirtris-pharmaceuticals-living-healthier-longer-47369-59645/
"...A final concern was the potential for consumer allegations about resveratrol's safety. "The potential that someone could attribute a death to SRT501 consumption could easily derail a nutraceutical business," said Sinclair. Another issue concerned Sirtris's identity."

Texon

See below. I think 2 of those affected people died shortly after the study was stopped. At the time, the news articles said they were not taking any other drugs. It is hard to say if the resveratrol directly killed them, but the fact that deaths occurred only in the active group taking resveratrol is enough to stop a trial and kill the prospects of this chemical ever getting approved.
Xconomy: Glaxo Stops Study of Sirtris "Red Wine" Drug in Cancer Patients
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2010/05/03/srt501_a_trial_suspended
"...A comment to this post on the Sirtris compound saga just had me checking Clinicaltrials.gov. And indeed the commenter is correct: a trial against myeloma of a combination of Velcade (bortezomib) and SRT501, which I believe is reformulated resveratrol itself, was suspended as of April 22 for “unexpected safety concerns”."
https://artscolumbia.org/essays/sirtris-pharmaceuticals-living-healthier-longer-47369-59645/
"...A final concern was the potential for consumer allegations about resveratrol's safety. "The potential that someone could attribute a death to SRT501 consumption could easily derail a nutraceutical business," said Sinclair. Another issue concerned Sirtris's identity."
Thanks Haidut. I was just about to look this up when I saw you had already replied with these links! Stilbebenes in isolation are apparently unfriendly to me, and I have to pay attention to a decent balance between methyl donors and the niacins as discussed by Masterjohn here:

In any event, I think I will give Chromadex NR a trial starting low and titrating higher over time. I am constantly on the lookout for best ways to boost nad and mitochondrial function, as my exercise recovery has taken a hit recently. I will do my best to post results on this forum too.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks Haidut. I was just about to look this up when I saw you had already replied with these links! Stilbebenes in isolation are apparently unfriendly to me, and I have to pay attention to a decent balance between methyl donors and the niacins as discussed by Masterjohn here:

In any event, I think I will give Chromadex NR a trial starting low and titrating higher over time. I am constantly on the lookout for best ways to boost nad and mitochondrial function, as my exercise recovery has taken a hit recently. I will do my best to post results on this forum too.

In case you did not know - many of the selective COX inhibitors pushed by Big Pharma are stilbene derivatives, and as such highly estrogenic. Resveratrol is also a stilbene and as such a powerful (phyto)estrogen.
Rofecoxib - DrugBank
"...Rofecoxib is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, acute pain in adults, and primary dysmenorrhea, as well as acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without auras. Rofecoxib is a solid. This compound belongs to the stilbenes. These are organic compounds containing a 1,2-diphenylethylene moiety. Stilbenes (C6-C2-C6 ) are derived from the common phenylpropene (C6-C3) skeleton building block."

This explains the lethal side effects of Vioxx, which led to it being pulled from the market.
Rofecoxib - Wikipedia

Texon

They should call it The Overton Experience.
Lol..@Haidut, sorry for my misspelling stilbene...here's some more...

FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA strengthens warning that non-aspirin nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can cause heart attacks or strokes and this one..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3RyITleAKBUwoQ7M2x_9Pe

I have personal experience with a brush with arrhythmia caused by indomethacin while in the hospital. I understand that at least one European country has moved all nsaids behind the counter. If Trump wants to continue the war on drugs, he should include the pharmas, who are probably the biggest abusers ever of the public trust.

J

jb116

Wow!
Thank you @haidut !
Yes I don’t buy his theory . My son send me this article.

Yes I must of missed the article @Runenight201 .
Thanks!
Can’t believe he is still healthy with his intermittent fasting.
I look at it this way: if he's this kind of a scammer, who is to even say he practices what he preaches!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals