Is the aluminum foil from coffee bags an issue?

tastyfood

I tested high for aluminum in the nail test from Idealabs, and I'm doing a thorough review of everything around the house that could be exposing me to this toxic metal.

The coffee I buy comes in bags that have aluminum foil.

Does anyone think this could be a source of aluminum consumption that needs to be avoided by purchasing bags made of safer materials?

Thank you!

sunny

Someone mentioned recently the heating element on drip coffee makers is aluminum. I use a drip maker so I will be interested to see my aluminum level when I get the nail service done.

Fred

Coffee is an excellent water filter, according to Ray. Probably acts like a carbon filter. So the residual aluminum from the bag would likely be filtered out in the coffee making process.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Someone mentioned recently the heating element on drip coffee makers is aluminum. I use a drip maker so I will be interested to see my aluminum level when I get the nail service done.

I use a Chemex fortunately, all glass, but what you mentioned is a thing to watch for.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Coffee is an excellent water filter, according to Ray. Probably acts like a carbon filter. So the residual aluminum from the bag would likely be filtered out in the coffee making process.

Yeah, this is what I always thought, at least for the water that I use.

:M :B.

I was told by someone in the know that aluminum bromide is being sprayed from some of the air planes. I am curious to find out if everyone is testing high in Aluminum these days.
I know Atom Bergstrom says corn is an aluminum accumulator but I say tacos are necessary for life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals