Is taking NDT or Thyroid hormone just a patch or not?

Hidden49

Is taking NDT, T3 etc just a patch for thyroid issues? Eg let’s say the root cause of low thyroid function was a chronic bacterial infection (I’ve heard Dr Amy Yasko say she has found most thyroid issues to be chronic bacterial infections in her experience and practice with patients). Would taking NDT or thyroid hormone fix the issues with the thyroid or would they have to keep taking it for ever. Likewise I’ve also heard people say if the thyroid is working properly it gives the body a chance to heal things it couldn’t deal with before. So would it taking NDT or thyroid hormone would this give this allow the body to heal from chronic infections it had. Or is it just patching metabolism temporarily without addressing the root cause of the issues?
Thanks

youngsinatra

"When doubt exists, a trial of thyroid supplementation may be the most useful diagnostic tool." — M.B. James (1981)​

Connor888

"When doubt exists, a trial of thyroid supplementation may be the most useful diagnostic tool." — M.B. James (1981)​

is regular t3 once per day a good idea or is timed release better ?

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra which brand NDT do you use atm? The allergy research one? I’m just put off by the fact the AR NDT has sunflower oil
I switched to synthetic thyroid. I think Allergy Research Groups NDT is pretty mild/weak. (OTC glandular)

It‘s definitely way less potent than the usual prescription thyroid.

FitnessMike

Its a Polish drug? are you Polish? bo ja tak

I Have seen one of your other posts and you tried this 40mg glandular before, how many of these 40mg caps daily did you try?

youngsinatra

Its a Polish drug? are you Polish? bo ja tak

I Have seen one of your other posts and you tried this 40mg glandular before, how many of these 40mg caps daily did you try?
Yes my package of the product is also in polish. But I‘m from germany.

Yes I took 2 x 3 capsules back then of the glandular. (240mg total) I think that was approximately a 1 grain strength.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals