Cortisol & thyroid relationship

mgrabs

How does one know if they are running on stress hormones vs a stable thyroid level within the body? I’ve seen a few posts explaining that its not safe to take thyroid if you have cortisol issues, but some saying it will actually help?

Does anyone have knowledge or experiences with this topic of discussion?

Would dhea+preg+ thyroid be a good combo?
Or just thyroid alone?

Wouldn’t thyroid alone raise preg and dhea?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
How does one know if they are running on stress hormones vs a stable thyroid level within the body? I’ve seen a few posts explaining that its not safe to take thyroid if you have cortisol issues, but some saying it will actually help?

Does anyone have knowledge or experiences with this topic of discussion?

Would dhea+preg+ thyroid be a good combo?
Or just thyroid alone?

Wouldn’t thyroid alone raise preg and dhea?
I don't have clear answers for you, but I would take thyroid regardless of what else is going on with cortisol or anything else. I just would do it slowly and methodically to allow time for the body to adapt to tuning up or down other stress hormones.

The way I know if I am running on thyroid or stress is the core temperature and pulse in relationship to extremities' temperature. When I have cold hands and high pulse, I know I am running on stress since adrenaline tends to increase pulse and vasoconstrict. I think histamine throws a monkey wrench in this evaluation as it tends to flush.

OP
M

mgrabs

I don't have clear answers for you, but I would take thyroid regardless of what else is going on with cortisol or anything else. I just would do it slowly and methodically to allow time for the body to adapt to tuning up or down other stress hormones.

The way I know if I am running on thyroid or stress is the core temperature and pulse in relationship to extremities' temperature. When I have cold hands and high pulse, I know I am running on stress since adrenaline tends to increase pulse and vasoconstrict. I think histamine throws a monkey wrench in this evaluation as it tends to flush.
Gotcha. I’m still waking up with temps at 96.7 & warmer later in the night. Something is off. I want to somehow run on thyroid vs the damn stress!

I remember hearing Ray saying something like "If you run on cortisol you will feel stressed and jittery" and if you run on thyroid you will feel relaxed and happy basically.

OP
M

mgrabs

I remember hearing Ray saying something like "If you run on cortisol you will feel stressed and jittery" and if you run on thyroid you will feel relaxed and happy basically.
Will starting thyroid help get you to switch over? How would would make the switch when supplementing? Just bite the bullet of the rough symtoms?

Will starting thyroid help get you to switch over? How would would make the switch when supplementing? Just bite the bullet of the rough symtoms?
I'm not a good guy to ask since I didn't have any positive experiences using thyroid (Except maybe not having clogged ears while using it). And i've used cynomel/cynoplus and desiccated thyroid in the past.

But Ray thinks it's panacea, basically, so maybe it works for you.
I think just eating and focusing more on fruits and fruit juices instead of fats and protein (lowering free fatty acids) could help with the transition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals