Side Effects From Taking Too Much T3, Or From Not Taking Enough?

Marilynn

I have just started taking Cytomel this past Monday. I've been taking 1/4 of a 25 mcg tablet twice a day. Since I started, I have developed knee pain (which I've never had before), more fatigue than usual in the afternoon, and since last night I have had a pretty bad headache and a resurgence of my carpal tunnel... something I haven't had in several years. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, but these symptoms are new or different from my regular issues.

I am wondering if these side effects mean that I have started at too high a dose for my body, or if it means that my thyroid is down-regulating, and I need to take more. I've also just received a bottle of Thyro-Gold (at Dr. Peat's suggestion) but haven't started taking any yet. I'm wondering if T4 is likely to help or hurt this situation.

Does anyone here had any insights on this? I have researched a bit, and some folks say that the headache typically goes away in a couple of weeks. I'm willing to stick it out if that is true. I just don't want to damage myself further.

Thank you!

DaveFoster

I also have fibro, and I didn't have good results with thyroid; caffeine is a better option for me.

OP
Marilynn

Marilynn

@DaveFoster, if I may, what kinds of reactions did you have to thyroid? I've tried caffeine, and I crash terribly after a few hours.

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster, if I may, what kinds of reactions did you have to thyroid? I've tried caffeine, and I crash terribly after a few hours.
Thyroid made me have a high temp and pulse, but I still felt depressed (in combination with cyproheptadine.)

You can't expect to not crash if you don't keep drinking coffee throughout the day.

You can get away with a cup in the morning due to the fact that 100 mg at noon will be around 25 mg or less when you go to bed. (Decrease of 75 mg)

However, if you drink 4 cups at noon, which is 400 mg for example, you'll have 100 mg in your serum when you go to bed. (Decrease of 300 mg)

The greater decrease in the second example will produce symptoms such as depleted energy levels, a crash, anxiety, etc.

Sip it throughout the day with plenty of fat and sugar, and get plenty of protein in the morning.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals