Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

Nokoni

Just want to comment that Peating seems totally compatible with losing weight, at least to me. My BMI today is 22. It's been as high as 30, and probably most of my adult life it was on the high side of 27. I eat mostly milk, cheese, and carbs, including lots of sucrose. I eat when I'm hungry, and it's not optional – my productivity drops to zero when I'm hungry. But I don't usually eat unless I am hungry. And I eat normal food too. Pizza, eggs, burgers, nachos, even hot dogs occasionally. But usually in moderate amounts, and with a baseline of milk, cheese, and sucrose, and very little PUFA.

For me it's been up and down since Peating. First thing I learned was that ice cream is health food. Gained 10 pounds in a month. It seems every time I tried something new my weight went up. But the trend has been down overall.

I supplement all the vitamins and minerals so I'm not too concerned with how much is in my food. I use a variety of Haidut's fantastic tools, and some from other vendors. One drop of metergoline daily (which seems to also inhibit appetite), 10 drops of Pyrucet, lots of progesterone, a little PanSterone, couple drops of MB. I've got high blood and lots of other issues common to men my age, I don't do blood work, and I haven't seen a doctor is way too long, so maybe I'm really at death's door. But I feel pretty good, and one problem that eventually went away was excess appetite.

Sorry for the interruption, and I don't mean to brag or make anyone feel bad. Believe me, I know how very hard it is to lose weight. But I don't think it's right for Peating to get the blame. My attitude is, if I'm not where I need to be, time for another experiment. Just keep patient and keep trying.

CLASH

I cant comment on @haidut 's weight, I dont have enough info to make any rational statements.

I also barely know what haidut actually eats besides the pepsi he's talked about and cheese sticks.

What I can say is that in my experience:
1) Large amounts of pure sucrose in the form of cane sugar soda made me thick all around (however added to juice it didnt make me gain quite as much weight). It produced a decent amount of subcutaneous fat. However even at 2L of soda a day I didn't continue to gain weight, I just stayed at where I was after a while. I did piss alot when I was drinking the soda, ran right through me. I was about 190 here, probably 10-12% bodyfat. Honey made me gain a decent amount of weight on the belly and gave me digestive issues.

2) Large amounts of dairy in the form of milk also made me quite thick, but also gave me fat on the belly (The sucrose didnt do this to me). Ice cream produced a similar effect. Never ate enough cheese to make a difference because it constipated me too much. Goat milk didn't make me gain as much weight as cow milk. I was about 215 here, probably closer to 20% bodyfat.

3) Boiled starches such as yams, white rice, or white potatoes made me pudgy and soft. They made my body appear bloated. My muscles looked like balloons, my belly was bloated, and I was holding a decent amount of water. They also made me feel slow and sluggish. I was 220lbs at this point around 16-18% bodyfat, with a lot of water weight.

4) Fruit and juice made me thin and actually make it difficult for me to put on weight. At my current diet using fruit and juice for my carbs I'm 180lbs as of today and 8% bodyfat (measured via bioelectrical impedence in combination with a 3D scan). I have been maintaining this bodyfat percentage for about a year without counting calories (aka eating as much as I'm hungry for).

5) Meat, eggs and low PUFA seafood never produced any appreciable amount of weight gain for me, even when I was bodybuilding (prior to peating) and eating 300g of protein a day all from animal protein sources. These foods have been consistent and have never effected my weight much.

6) Saturated fat sources have never made me gain weight, even when I was eating 250g of fat a day from butter on a keto diet or 200g a day of beef tallow when I was on night shift. Worst that I experience from these was the runs when my body was getting used to the amounts when I first started and then feeling too full after meals. These haven't really impacted my weight much at all. When I did keto with 250g of fat from butter a day I was 170lbs, 6% bodyfat (measured via the hydrostatic method). Monounsaturated fat sources bump up my weight slightly but not really an appreciable amount.

@CLASH I just am concerned about not enough calcium. I know we've talked about that before but I think it's low in your diet and it's super important.

CLASH

@CLASH I just am concerned about not enough calcium. I know we've talked about that before but I think it's low in your diet and it's super important.

I agree its low. Don't have all the answers on that one yet, still working on it. If I could tolerate dairy better I promise you I'd be eating pecorino romano on all my food, and ricotta by the spoonful.

OP
B

BBRP

I cant comment on @haidut 's weight, I dont have enough info to make any rational statements.

I also barely know what haidut actually eats besides the pepsi he's talked about and cheese sticks.

What I can say is that in my experience:
1) Large amounts of pure sucrose in the form of cane sugar soda made me thick all around (however added to juice it didnt make me gain quite as much weight). It produced a decent amount of subcutaneous fat. However even at 2L of soda a day I didn't continue to gain weight, I just stayed at where I was after a while. I did piss alot when I was drinking the soda, ran right through me. I was about 190 here, probably 10-12% bodyfat. Honey made me gain a decent amount of weight on the belly and gave me digestive issues.

2) Large amounts of dairy in the form of milk also made me quite thick, but also gave me fat on the belly (The sucrose didnt do this to me). Ice cream produced a similar effect. Never ate enough cheese to make a difference because it constipated me too much. Goat milk didn't make me gain as much weight as cow milk. I was about 215 here, probably closer to 20% bodyfat.

3) Boiled starches such as yams, white rice, or white potatoes made me pudgy and soft. They made my body appear bloated. My muscles looked like balloons, my belly was bloated, and I was holding a decent amount of water. They also made me feel slow and sluggish. I was 220lbs at this point around 16-18% bodyfat, with a lot of water weight.

4) Fruit and juice made me thin and actually make it difficult for me to put on weight. At my current diet using fruit and juice for my carbs I'm 180lbs as of today and 8% bodyfat (measured via bioelectrical impedence in combination with a 3D scan). I have been maintaining this bodyfat percentage for about a year without counting calories (aka eating as much as I'm hungry for).

5) Meat, eggs and low PUFA seafood never produced any appreciable amount of weight gain for me, even when I was bodybuilding (prior to peating) and eating 300g of protein a day all from animal protein sources. These foods have been consistent and have never effected my weight much.

6) Saturated fat sources have never made me gain weight, even when I was eating 250g of fat a day from butter on a keto diet or 200g a day of beef tallow when I was on night shift. Worst that I experience from these was the runs when my body was getting used to the amounts when I first started and then feeling too full after meals. These haven't really impacted my weight much at all. When I did keto with 250g of fat from butter a day I was 170lbs, 6% bodyfat (measured via the hydrostatic method). Monounsaturated fat sources bump up my weight slightly but not really an appreciable amount.

Great info,

I was already coming to the conclusion of having a diet solely of fruit, meat, and eggs.

maybe add in a calcium supplement if it’s of that much concern

Peater Piper

There's a difference between being thin and being lean. A person can be lean without looking thin if they have a fair amount of muscle. Lean doesn't have to look sickly or unhealthy. I see no benefit to carrying around extra fat except for under extreme circumstances, but I also don't think having a bit of fat is necessarily detrimental, and chasing extreme leanness may be worse than having a little fat.

Great info,

I was already coming to the conclusion of having a diet solely of fruit, meat, and eggs.

maybe add in a calcium supplement if it’s of that much concern

supplementing calcium is not easy due to gut problems that often result.

Grapelander

I am jealous of Georgi's brain - it's great to have someone that lets you realize how much room for growth you have.
And it is a relief for me to see that every male is not a workout stud. Most family men don't have the time to indulge in such selfishness.

gaze

mental agility, relaxed personalities, knowledgable, and can use logic are the signs of health to me. low mental stress is what those live long have in common, not whether they have a bmi of 25 or lower.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I mean, BMI of 31 is likely fat unless you’re on AAS,

But that’s good that you’ve had results from these protocols

I was curious if that was the case that you were heavier before and you’re still in the process of losing fat.
I'm 5'8", 210lbs with about 15% BF and that puts me at a BMI of 32. I've never used AAS before. It's definitely achievable naturally and I'm planning on adding a lot more.

OP
B

BBRP

I'm 5'8", 210lbs with about 15% BF and that puts me at a BMI of 32. I've never used AAS before. It's definitely achievable naturally and I'm planning on adding a lot more.

Haha, liar.

you’re probably way fatter than you claim.

There’s a reason why 30 BMI is classified as obese, it’s because the BMI was based off of natural humans, not steroid drug addict fake natties.

If you’re 30+ BMI and you’re actually natty then you will be fat. It’s just a fact.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Haha, liar.

you’re probably way fatter than you claim.

There’s a reason why 30 BMI is classified as obese, it’s because the BMI was based off of natural humans, not steroid drug addict fake natties.

If you’re 30+ BMI and you’re actually natty then you will be fat. It’s just a fact.
Think what you want dude. Thinking it's impossible is a defeatism mindset. I have a 4 pack and I can see my obliques and I have 17.25" arms.

Waynish

It would be with Peat, so we may have to wait for the following podcasts. I kinda feel weird taking my shirt off in front of the man the first time I actually get to meet him (virtually). Not sure he will appreciate my...openness :):

We all know Haidut can loosen up based on his previous podcasts... I would be much more interested in getting Peat to loosen up. Perhaps about his experiences with communistic governments and supposed CIA take-over of his school in Mexico (via a girl he was into)?:grin::ss

When it comes to the studies showing benefits from having a little more of you to love, I think those people probably are more chill and in tuned with their body on what they need + still eating crap they don't know is crap or a lot of fat etc. Whereas a skinnier person in our society maybe has not used the most holistic way of getting lean. Chronically high level of free fatty acids, stressful exercise, coffee & cigarettes etc.

My gut feeling is that in "perfect" health we should be quite lean but there's a lot of different circumstances and sometimes it's ok to have a little extra. IMHO men look good, healthy and vibrant when they're really lean but women can be both really athletic lean or have some extra and still look amazing vibrant healthy.

Jing

I also see this kind of leaness in those who struggle to gain weight. How many here have male friends in there teens / twenties that eat until there stuffed and really try hard to gain wieght but can't?
This isn't true , they just don't eat enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals