Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

haidut

Forum Supporter
When is the metabolism gonna rev up?

Or does he not practice what he preaches?

or maybe milk is making you fat when everyone has always known that dairy makes people gain weight. Especially when you’re combining it with a diet high in refined sugar

Have we met in person?? What are you basing this statement on? Based on official standards, I am overweight (BMI 31) but most certainly not fat and pretty muscular. Do I have to bench-press in front of you in order to meet your standards of health? What exactly is that you are feeling duped about?
Oh, and btw, I used to be BMI 34, and that dropped after starting on the Peat regimen. I did mention this quite a few times on various threads and in the podcasts with Danny.

Last edited:

michael94

So what you mean is to stop absorbing information when it starts to interfere with your ability to see what is happening in the world around you? Is that what you are saying?
stack-of-books-burning-picture-id1035600782

OP
B

BBRP

Have we met in person?? What are you basing this statement on? Based on official standards, I am overweight (BMI 31) but most certainly not fat and pretty muscular. Do I have to bench-press in front of you in order to meet your standards of health? What exactly is that you are feeling duped about?
Oh, and btw, I used to be BMI 34, and that dropped after starting on the Peat regimen. I did mention this quite a few times on various threads and in the podcasts with Danny.

I mean, BMI of 31 is likely fat unless you’re on AAS,

But that’s good that you’ve had results from these protocols

I was curious if that was the case that you were heavier before and you’re still in the process of losing fat.

PhilParma

haidut, during the podcast next week can you please take your shirt off and do some jumping jacks? For science and whatnot. Thx.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I mean, BMI of 31 is likely fat unless you’re on AAS,

But that’s good that you’ve had results from these protocols

I was curious if that was the case that you were heavier before and you’re still in the process of losing fat.

I do take CortiNon and sometimes pregnenolone, but no AAS. Would like to experiment with some DHT but unfortunately with the current Chinese situation it would be hard to get some. I am pretty muscular for my build/height though.
Also, as others pointed out, you can see on various videos that my weight varies quite a bit (based on how skinny the face appears). I am around 31 in the period October - April and then usually drop to 28 in the spring/summer. Losing weight is not a problem, I just stay at a weight that can be maintained WITHOUT exertion as that is probably the healthiest long term.

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut, during the podcast next week can you please take your shirt off and do some jumping jacks? For science and whatnot. Thx.

It would be with Peat, so we may have to wait for the following podcasts. I kinda feel weird taking my shirt off in front of the man the first time I actually get to meet him (virtually). Not sure he will appreciate my...openness :):

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It would be with Peat, so we may have to wait for the following podcasts. I kinda feel weird taking my shirt off in front of the man the first time I actually get to meet him (virtually). Not sure he will appreciate by...openness :):
I think everyone would tune in for that podcast!
:lol:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think everyone would tune in for that podcast!
:lol:

If you can convince Danny to do the same so I don't feel like the weirdo in the group then I am game :):

PhilParma

Lmao I was kidding, please don't actually do jumping jacks. Although, if Ray could withstand the trauma of watching you and Danny do shirtless jumping jacks, then I think that would speak very well to the resilience that Ray Peat principles instill. So maybe it's worth it.

It doesn't matter to me how haidut looks considering he never even heard of Ray Peat until his 30s. From what I've seen, Georgi's arms look very big, but that doesn't matter either because he was probably muscular before learning about Peat. None of this matters. Orange juice can't turn back time. Only drinking baby's blood can do that. (That's another joke.)

SB4

The thing is for me that it is a relatively common theme of people struggling with weight whilst "peating". So the question is, is it a sign of poor health to be non lean.

It is my current understanding that if you aren't lean then something is going wrong in your bodys regulation of weight, which may lead to other health issues.

Take keto for example, it appears to me that most on keto drop weight until six pack ish level then stop dropping weight. This level is usually what is considered most attractive by the average person. Cheek bones, abs, triangle shape, etc. This helps you attract a mate. Now if you are a dad maybe getting a bit more estrogen and fatter is helpful for over evolutionairy reasons idk.

I also see this kind of leaness in those who struggle to gain weight. How many here have male friends in there teens / twenties that eat until there stuffed and really try hard to gain wieght but can't? For me this is just there body working correctly, keeping them at a healthy BFP. This is the same weight as when you go keto. Your body doesn't keep losing wieght until you starve, at least for most people. It gets to the attractive lean level then stabilises.

With peating, it appears if you are fat to begin with, or sometimes even lean, you can well start pilling on weight. Maybe this is a good adaption for someone who is sick but I lean with the idea that peating is not helping whatever is bust in metabolism / leptin / whatever. Of course there are others who drop weight to healthy range peating but there are a number of threads that are opposite.

I am not so good example as I have other health issues but when I add more peatish carbs whilst eating minimal pufa etc I gain fat. I don't feel this to be healthy. My current opinion is that peating works for some people and some issues but not so well for others.

KitKat

Before I found Dr. Peat I had a coworker who was very thin. He was always complaining to me he was eating healthy or what he thought to be healthy, a vegetarian diet. He told me his labs were always sky High, as far as, Triglicerides, Cholesterol, and he was on his way to Type 2 diabetes. He was an anxious person and always upset. He would rant about another one of our coworkers being Fat. He happened to find out that she had perfect labs, all within range. This angered him to no end! He could not understand how this coworker who radiated a sense of calm about her ,could be in good health when she was Fat. I think about these two coworkers as I eat the Peat way. I stopped looking at the scale and more at Temperature, Pulse, Labs, and moving toward the bioenergetic view. Already have been doing Peat's way for 2 years. I have spent a many more years on keto. It just takes time to recover health.

Tarmander

Lean people tend to be healthier then fat people, all things considered and granted they are not too lean

But a fat person getting lean does not necessarily make them healthy

Paradoxical but that is how you have to think about it

Heroico

It's a good question- the expectation that youthful metabolism would lead to a youthful weight. RP has discussed hysteresis, a good concept for you to have.

It's good to raise questions. But I want to say something about the personal tone of the question, which I think was an unfortunate mistake and should not have been posted.

I am a 65 year old neurologist with many patients. Over the years there has been increasing control of clinical thinking by the pharmaceutical companies; when I was in medical school in the late 1970s "inflammation was inflammation"; we talked seriously about treating a woman with MS after delivery with progesterone because we had noticed that inflammatory diseases remit during pregnancy. Along came inclusion-exclusion criteria for diseases for the drug companies to work with (no longer reversible physiological processes) and the medical departments and the medical magazies and the legal "standard of care" for each entity, and now we have a list of disease entities and a matching list of products. And sometimes I have a patient who is dying and I have the decision to make about what to do. Perhaps they can't breathe any longer. Or their pain is unbearable. Or they are suicidal I doubt anything like that has happened to you yet.

I have a patient who has increased intracranial pressure and Chiari malformation who has had skullbase decompression surgery and still had life-threatening increased intracranial pressure. She had allergic reactions to all available cardbonic anhydrase inhibitors. I happened to come across the notes by Haidut on thiamine as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, and based on his reasoning, placed her on 1500 mg BID. It has been lifesaving for her and now some others in similar situations.

I just joined the Forum because I was following a deep sense of gratitude to RP and to Haidut. Both men are remarkably intelligent, but that's not what makes them so valuable to me. It's the bravery they have in thinking through things. Their intellectual integrity is incredible.

Peat thinking leads you inexorably to conflicts of long range order in biology with genetic mechanisms; or the physical chemistry of pore water and the nature of membranes (Gilbert Ling). I need Peat, and Ling, and Haidut. It would be too much for me on my own.

At some point in your life you are going to be suffering, and if you are a thinking person you are going to be alone because your doctors won't know. And you will have to ask yourself, are you sure? Are you sure you are going to pass on that chemotherapy and take baking soda and aspirin?

Haidut is one of the very few in the world who can hold up that part of the sky. Keep posting good questions like this, and when you do it would be helpful for you to consider his personal kindness to you.

Lean people tend to be healthier then fat people, all things considered and granted they are not too lean

But a fat person getting lean does not necessarily make them healthy

Paradoxical but that is how you have to think about it

A bit overweight — these people are healthier than thin people in my experience.

Very fat, yes they tend to be less healthy, again anecdotal.

Thin people tend to be the least healthy.

Tenacity

_20200301_235820.JPG

Probably not a coincidence that the example given for a 'sickly' person is also thin.

pauljacob

Yeah, sadly, I'm starting to get the feeling that that's the case. I wish this thread hadn't gotten so much attention just because of a troll.
And he misspelled Georgi's last name twice. It's Dinkov. He used Dinki. Dinky means insignificant.

lampofred

It would be with Peat, so we may have to wait for the following podcasts. I kinda feel weird taking my shirt off in front of the man the first time I actually get to meet him (virtually). Not sure he will appreciate my...openness :):

whoa. danny roddy + haidut + rp all at once. going to be a killer podcast.

Lilac

:thumbup: + :clap:

Also, I have never gotten the impression the Haidut is showing folks the way to a great physique. He has posted studies showing a higher BMI associated with lower mortality, no? And I distinctly remember him saying on one of Danny's shows that "you should eat as many calories as possible" (or something like that). And I thought, "No, no, after hearing that from Georgi, I will never lose weight!" :grinning:

Danny + Georgi + Ray!!! Please let us know well in advance when this will be. I would like to watch it live.

OP
B

BBRP

It's a good question- the expectation that youthful metabolism would lead to a youthful weight. RP has discussed hysteresis, a good concept for you to have.

It's good to raise questions. But I want to say something about the personal tone of the question, which I think was an unfortunate mistake and should not have been posted.

I am a 65 year old neurologist with many patients. Over the years there has been increasing control of clinical thinking by the pharmaceutical companies; when I was in medical school in the late 1970s "inflammation was inflammation"; we talked seriously about treating a woman with MS after delivery with progesterone because we had noticed that inflammatory diseases remit during pregnancy. Along came inclusion-exclusion criteria for diseases for the drug companies to work with (no longer reversible physiological processes) and the medical departments and the medical magazies and the legal "standard of care" for each entity, and now we have a list of disease entities and a matching list of products. And sometimes I have a patient who is dying and I have the decision to make about what to do. Perhaps they can't breathe any longer. Or their pain is unbearable. Or they are suicidal I doubt anything like that has happened to you yet.

I have a patient who has increased intracranial pressure and Chiari malformation who has had skullbase decompression surgery and still had life-threatening increased intracranial pressure. She had allergic reactions to all available cardbonic anhydrase inhibitors. I happened to come across the notes by Haidut on thiamine as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, and based on his reasoning, placed her on 1500 mg BID. It has been lifesaving for her and now some others in similar situations.

I just joined the Forum because I was following a deep sense of gratitude to RP and to Haidut. Both men are remarkably intelligent, but that's not what makes them so valuable to me. It's the bravery they have in thinking through things. Their intellectual integrity is incredible.

Peat thinking leads you inexorably to conflicts of long range order in biology with genetic mechanisms; or the physical chemistry of pore water and the nature of membranes (Gilbert Ling). I need Peat, and Ling, and Haidut. It would be too much for me on my own.

At some point in your life you are going to be suffering, and if you are a thinking person you are going to be alone because your doctors won't know. And you will have to ask yourself, are you sure? Are you sure you are going to pass on that chemotherapy and take baking soda and aspirin?

Haidut is one of the very few in the world who can hold up that part of the sky. Keep posting good questions like this, and when you do it would be helpful for you to consider his personal kindness to you.

thoughts on TTFD vs a more common thiamine supplement form like thiamine hydrochloride?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals