Is Facial Hair A Sign Of Poor Health?

Peater Piper

275782939_497507258421512_6535657679385768554_n.jpeg
case in point
All of those "childlike" men had heavier beards than the "manly" men, shaving it off doesn't negate that. Of course there's plenty of masculine men with sparse beards, so I don't really see much correlation one way or another.

Mountainman Redford.jpg

Brandin

My skin is great, and I feel great. Male hormones cause facial hair, I dont understand the confusion in that. Many men who are bald but have beards/look unhealthy because high estrogen can over stimulate the adreanals to pump out large quantities of androgens, when ideally their thyroid should have been behind androgen synthesis, which is why elderly women tend to start to grow facial hair. Also how can you judge Ray as to how much facial hair he has, when he shaves???? This thread is really bizarre.
Actually. Prostaglandins promote beard more than male hormones. You are atleast as bizarre as the thread rn. I had extremely high androgens no beard. Increased my prostaglandins and got lower androgens. Now I have beard.

FrostedShores

A lot of men grow beards because they're too lazy to groom properly. If they're too lazy to shave/trim their facial hair, they probably are going to be too lazy to maintain their health, as well, whereas men who shave regularly are more likely to take care of their overall health. Just my take, anyway.

JamesGatz

In my view, facial hair grows fast in a High T state, however:

Your T can be high from "stress" - this results in the patchy, thin beard look that we generally see in the high estrogen phenotype - not ideal

In a low-stress (High T) or even high DHT state - the beard looks thick and healthy

My health has drastically increased since letting my beard grow, it insulates the thyroid/neck and also helps protect that sensitive area from EMF and the like

Santosh

Actually. Prostaglandins promote beard more than male hormones. You are atleast as bizarre as the thread rn. I had extremely high androgens no beard. Increased my prostaglandins and got lower androgens. Now I have beard.

How do you increase prostaglandins ?

Also your observation makes sense : when you take aspirin along oral minoxidil, you don't develop new hair, although oral minoxidil alone causes hypertrichosis.
So prostaglandin inhibitors could well inhibit body / facial hair growth.

Borz

Forum Supporter
How do you increase prostaglandins ?

Also your observation makes sense : when you take aspirin along oral minoxidil, you don't develop new hair, although oral minoxidil alone causes hypertrichosis.
So prostaglandin inhibitors could well inhibit body / facial hair growth.
oral castor oil increases PGE2 (the prostaglandin that’s supposedly good for hair, unlike PGD2). 1-2 mL a day is good.

Jessie

Neither?

Facial hair honestly can't give you that much information, one way or the other. Looking at some dude and saying "welp, they got a beard, they're obviously unhealthy" is a very premature analysis. Equal to palm reading.

A lack of facial hair, not from shaving, obviously, but from the inability to grow it, is definitely a sign of low androgens. Ali Kuoppala from AnabolicMen.com specializes in beard optimization, which also heavily relies in androgen optimization.

So you might be able to tell more about someone's health, at least their hormonal health, if they lack the capability of growing a beard in the first place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals