Does a large beard strongly support metabolism ?

JamesGatz

I was doing a lot of thinking - I believe I have seen Dr.Peat say that hair would be useful in providing insulation to the brain - I have made a few threads about head insulation's effect on metabolism but I am thinking about beard hair:

avc-mpg-how-to-grow-and-trim-a-long-beard-big-bushy-beard.jpg

It seems that a large beard would provide insulation to the thyroid ? Surely this should have an effect on metabolism

But here's another thing - I also see men say that beard hair provides "sun protection" - so would beard hair prevent the thyroid from getting direct sunlight or light ? The thyroid seems like it doesn't get much sunlight directly from its position anyway

I do notice that men with big beards look metabolically healthy generally - my question is - does a strong metabolism promote the growth or does it's presence support metabolism ? Is it a vice-versa effect ?

Charles-Darwin-3000-3x2gty-56a4890a3df78cf77282ddaf.jpg

Charles Darwin proposed that male lions had manes to shield their vulnerable head and neck from the teeth and claws of other lions. If the mane did evolve to shield its owner, then attacks to these areas would probably be more frequent during fights.

I've heard this theory about the mane of lions a lot - an evolutionary advantage in conflict to protect the neck - what could then be the evolutionary reason of a thick beard in human males ? Also for conflict or to protect/insulate the thyroid ? Interesting to think about..

download.jpg

Cameron

Beard genetics confuse me a lot. Some Would can agree high androgens and health others stress metabolite that break dht down to 3 a diol and estrogen cause large amount of growth. The beard androgen genetic theory is an interesting and perplexing topic. Age is a large factor and time exposure to androgens and maybe the sensitivity to 5 ar in the skin

akgrrrl

I can offer that a large beard is infinitely useful in repelling women. Due to personal hygiene habits of so many Americans, the thought of one more bacteria laden hair nest on a man too lazy to even trim or shape a beard, is a turnoff for fastidious females. Spying crumbs from yesterday's meals, dandruff, or the odor of accumulated smoking resins doesnt excite women.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I can offer that a large beard is infinitely useful in repelling women. Due to personal hygiene habits of so many Americans, the thought of one more bacteria laden hair nest on a man too lazy to even trim or shape a beard, is a turnoff for fastidious females. Spying crumbs from yesterday's meals, dandruff, or the odor of accumulated smoking resins doesnt excite women.
Really ? I recall a period of time several years ago when I was at a restaurant and a few other places with my brother for his birthday - he grew out his beard at the time and many of the girls seemed to like it a lot - especially the waitresses - I had other instances where we were in similar places before he grew out his beard and this type of response didn't exist - I would think that some women would be into it

akgrrrl

Really ? I recall a period of time several years ago when I was at a restaurant and a few other places with my brother for his birthday - he grew out his beard at the time and many of the girls seemed to like it a lot - especially the waitresses - I had other instances where we were in similar places before he grew out his beard and this type of response didn't exist - I would think that some women would be into it
You are absolutely right, many women equate bushy facehair to some sort of manly desireability.
When wearing a part of a baseball uniform (the cap) became ubiquitous wear for men, and then the lumberjack plaid longsleeve shirt and huge Lil Abner boots became standard wear for men, the beard came along with it.
I have had 2 retail shops in 2 states and dressed men and women by appt for 40yrs. I watch trends emerge over decades, with a background of 100 years of fashion history in my scholastic training.
While it is my opinion and fervent wish that the trend to DRONE our men by the use of drab grey, black, olive, khaki, and brown, etc would cease, nonetheless it pervades our culture.
Please note that I said "fastidious women".
If you want a clean partner, I think you might expect her to have groomed her armpits, her skin and hair, to appear neat clean and presentable at some sort of minimum, for sexual attraction to occur.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I have recently started growing out my beard below my jaw and chin to cover the neck -

Recently I have arrived the following conclusions:

1) It is beneficial because it insulates the thyroid and also protects the thyroid from being beamed with harmful light - I have experimented with wearing a scarf in my neck area and there is definitely a noticeable boost in metabolism

2) I believe the beard plays an evolutionary role in protecting a man's neck (like for lions). When I had previously shaved it all off I definitely feel like my androgens weren't quiet right. The neck and thyroid is definitely extremely sensitive place to receive a strike from and could definitely be deadly - I think it's difficult to aim for a man's neck or choke him out if you can't see it and facial hair would make it harder to grip as well

Jerkboy

A lot of bearded men I have met were quite soy. Full beards I mean.

akgrrrl

Many men grow beards to overcompensate for their lack of masculinity
Agree with this after having made the observation here in Alaska with one caveat: only in the last 10 years has this evolved. Frail, pale cashiers with soft hands sporting full beards and plaid shirts and the ubiquitous baseball hat. At least they have the drone uniform down.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

This is another reason to grow your beard I discovered today:

to protect your thyroid from EMF/Blue light from machines

I wear a wool scarf near a computer to protect my thyroid and I went a day without it and I got a sharp pain in my thyroid once I hopped on a computer or a phone without it - I'm definitely going to grow my beard long enough to protect my thyroid because I am a bit tired of wearing a scarf

Neeters 27

I can tell you that a man with a good beard is HIGHLY attractive to many women, especially me! my much younger husband has a gorgeous big curly beard, and big moustache. I love playing and stroking it, I trim it and shape it. I cried the one time he decided to trim it down to stubble! took me days to get over it, I couldnt even look at him! he is hairy all over, It is a wonderful thing! somehow he never gets food in it, he keeps his moustache trimmed, the beard is brushed often, trimmed 1 or 2x a month by me, he cut all his hair which was gorgeous but bothered him too much especially when working. its gone, beard has to stay! his diet is peaty, but he has a sweet tooth and eats tons of chocolate and I bake him loads of cookies and such, very high metabolism, 135 lbs, 5 feet 10 1/2, age 39. 10% to 12% bodyfat. no working out, just natural exercise (gardening, cycling, rollerblading on weekend, occasional swimming)

Attachments

• hsband.jpg
    hsband.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 34
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals