Iron in nettle

freyasam

I have some dried nettle I'd like to use in infusions to see if I can help with high stress and gently increase testosterone as a woman. But I need to avoid iron from a Peaty perspective and because I have thalassemia minor. Is the iron in nettle readily absorbed? @I'm.No.One I think you said it is because it also has Vitamin C. I'd be grateful for your input here. Has your perspective on iron changed since finding Ray Peat?

Also, is dried nettle stored in a ziplock bag I wildcrafted 12 years ago still ok to use?

Thank you.

I'm.No.One

I have some dried nettle I'd like to use in infusions to see if I can help with high stress and gently increase testosterone as a woman. But I need to avoid iron from a Peaty perspective and because I have thalassemia minor. Is the iron in nettle readily absorbed? @I'm.No.One I think you said it is because it also has Vitamin C. I'd be grateful for your input here. Has your perspective on iron changed since finding Ray Peat?

Also, is dried nettle stored in a ziplock bag I wildcrafted 12 years ago still ok to use?

Thank you.
I'm not so sure it's *as bio available as heme but if you're bleeding regularly & avoiding processed food I'd not be worried about naturally occurring iron.

More so the iron shavings they put in processed foods.

You could also donate blood a few times a year but be sure you don't actually end up low in iron.

The 12 year old nettle is for sure too old, won't kill ya just all of the nutrients will have broken down.

OP
F

freyasam

I'm not so sure it's *as bio available as heme but if you're bleeding regularly & avoiding processed food I'd not be worried about naturally occurring iron.

More so the iron shavings they put in processed foods.
Very good point. TY!

I'm.No.One

I drink nettle tea, would this have the same high iron content?
Nettle has a lot of iron naturally so there's no escaping it.

But it's also a powerhouse of other nutrients.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals