Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Cool, that makes sense, thanks.
I'm only at 4 inches. Planning on going up 2 more inches this weekend. First I did @2 and then one week later I did 2 more. It's been a very positive experience inclining gradually.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Great info, i am going to incline my bed today, do you know if anyone has checked their Heart Rate Variability (HRV) before and after inclining their bed?

Heart rate variability: A new way to track well-being - Harvard Health Blog
I checked heart and respiration rate on sleeping dogs, my boys and wife and they checked min. All were reduced by 10-12 beats per minute and 4 -5 breaths per minute, compared to sleeping flat. It would be interesting if you could have someone measure yours.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I checked heart and respiration rate on sleeping dogs, my boys and wife and they checked min. All were reduced by 10-12 beats per minute and 4 -5 breaths per minute, compared to sleeping flat. It would be interesting if you could have someone measure yours.

Thats interesting, makes sense slower rates when sleeping would be beneficial. My first night sleeping on a incline was very nice, i was much warmer then usual, needed less blankets, my initial impression is that the whole shift in physiology by sleeping on a incline seems to induce thermogenesis.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thats interesting, makes sense slower rates when sleeping would be beneficial. My first night sleeping on a incline was very nice, i was much warmer then usual, needed less blankets, my initial impression is that the whole shift in physiology by sleeping on a incline seems to induce thermogenesis.
Nice, winning for free. :):
Did you go full incline right away?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Nice, winning for free. :):
Did you go full incline right away?

I raised it three inches, used 2 pieces of 2” x 6” wood under each leg of the head of the bed, 2 x lumber is 1 1/2” thick, so two pieces is almost exactly 3”.

Plan to stay with this incline for a couple weeks to acclimate before raising more. I assume since sleeping on a incline improves metabolism it would be important to have some easily digestible food or honey within a hour or so before going to sleep.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Plan to stay with this incline for a couple weeks to acclimate before raising more.
That sounds like a great plan. I can instinctively tell when I'm ready for an increase.

thermogenesis
People with spinal cord injuries are unable to maintain their body temperature, much the same as babies struggle to keep warm but overheating can also become a problem. The people I helped with sci, reported that instead of having to wrap up with layers of clothing to keep warm, they were able to go outdoors wearing a T shirt, so clearly your right. That said, we have found that during hot weather, where we would sweat profusely when sleeping flat, this is no longer a problem, so improved heat distribution appears to be helping to prevent overheating.

One logical interpretation is that speeding up circulation would generate a little more friction in the fluids and also accelerate evaporation, which again improves circulation.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
People with spinal cord injuries are unable to maintain their body temperature, much the same as babies struggle to keep warm but overheating can also become a problem. The people I helped with sci, reported that instead of having to wrap up with layers of clothing to keep warm, they were able to go outdoors wearing a T shirt, so clearly your right. That said, we have found that during hot weather, where we would sweat profusely when sleeping flat, this is no longer a problem, so improved heat distribution appears to be helping to prevent overheating.

One logical interpretation is that speeding up circulation would generate a little more friction in the fluids and also accelerate evaporation, which again improves circulation.

Thats really great to hear! Thank you!!:):

yerrag

This was a good interesting long read of 11 pages. I started reading this resting my head on two pillows till page 6, then got blocks to incline the bed fully by 7 inches, and continued reading to the end. Does this also aid reading comprehension, I wonder? I've been missing out thinking this is a discussion on inversion bed, so I had been ignoring this thread until @tankasnowgod referred me here. Now I'm going to see if it will help me with lead detox and with its associated hypertension. Also with the high frequency of nighttime urination lately that's related to my lead detox protocol. Will let you know how this goes.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's fantastic @yerrag. I'm fairly certain IBT is one of the top 2 best things I've ever done for my health.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Out of curiosity, what would be the other one?
When I found out I had celiac and stopped eating gluten. I felt a difference within 24 hours.
I've tried lots of helpful things over the years but going gluten free and sleeping inclined feel the most dramatic for me.

Ulysses

I’ve been sleeping this way for over a week now; started with an incline of 4 inches, then 5, and finally, starting last might, 6.

Falling asleep is easier. Falling BACK asleep after getting up in the night is easier.

Waking up in the morning is MUCH, MUCH easier. For years and years I have woken up every morning feeling like I have been, as one IBT commentator put it, “hit by a train.” I actually intuited a couple of years ago that it must be a circulation or lymphatic issue, but didn’t know what to do about it other than trying to be more active. So, I resigned myself to wasting the first hour and a half of each day in a mental stupor, trying to warm myself up and regain a functional minimum of mental acuity.

Now I just get out of bed when my alarm goes off, no problem. At the very most I may lie there for five or ten minutes, but once I’m up, I’m up, with no real need for a transition.

The weird thing is that, although I have much more energy at the beginning of the day since starting IBT, I have also noticed myself becoming noticeably more tired in the afternoon and evening. I’m not sure how to explain this.

The weird thing is that, although I have much more energy at the beginning of the day since starting IBT, I have also noticed myself becoming noticeably more tired in the afternoon and evening. I’m not sure how to explain this.

Detox affects could be one reason and possibly the way you are sitting, or if you have a desk job? Try adding extra cushion to raise your seat so that your knees are slightly lower than your seat, or at least level with it.

Are you doing more during the daytime?

Another thought is that during the first few weeks after inclining, our muscles tend to ache as if we have been working out. Muscles become denser over the following months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals