If High Estrogen Leads To Hair Loss, Why Aren't Obese Men Disproportionately Thinning?

lampofred

so higher caloric intake, if mostly from fat/protein would still cause balding, and lower caloric intake, if mostly fat/protein with minimal carb would also cause balding?

I'm not sure because lots of things cause a drop in blood sugar. The lower caloric intake might actually be much better because with less PUFA/heavy metal intake, you will probably be running more on glucose/less on fat in the long-run.

You can eat a high carb diet but if you are turning all your carbs into lactic acid instead of CO2, your blood sugar will still be low. At the same time you can be eating moderate fat but if you naturally have a very calm mind, you will still be running on sugar (GABA lowers FFA and increases glucose oxidation).

But in general, zero PUFA, more carbs than fat, high red light/sunlight exposure, a calm GABA-dominanted mind, avoiding excess endurance exercise, low estrogen, etc. will all keep FFA low and make you burn sugar instead.

BigChad

I'm not sure because lots of things cause a drop in blood sugar. The lower caloric intake might actually be better because with less PUFA/heavy metal intake, you will probably be running more on glucose/less on fat in the long-run. You can eat a carb only diet but if you are turning all your carbs into lactic acid instead of CO2, your blood sugar will still be low. At the same time you can be eating a lot of fat but you naturally have a very calm mind, you will still be running on sugar (GABA lowers FFA and increases glucose oxidation).

But in general, zero PUFA, more carbs than fat, high red light/sunlight exposure, a calm GABA-dominanted mind, avoiding excess endurance exercise, low estrogen, etc. will all keep FFA low and make you burn sugar instead.

does that mean if you eat a lower carb or moderate carb diet, having high gaba would inhibit fat loss? I've heard taurine raises gaba, so would taurine indirectly keep ffa low? niacinamide also lowers ffa right? didn't people start having issues with fat loss/being overweight from going too high on niacinamide due to the ffa low effect?

also what does excess endurance exercise do, what about like 45 minutes treadmill 3x a week? incline walking

do you know how to get rid of thyroid cysts/nodules btw

lampofred

does that mean if you eat a lower carb or moderate carb diet, having high gaba would inhibit fat loss? I've heard taurine raises gaba, so would taurine indirectly keep ffa low? niacinamide also lowers ffa right? didn't people start having issues with fat loss/being overweight from going too high on niacinamide due to the ffa low effect?

also what does excess endurance exercise do, what about like 45 minutes treadmill 3x a week? incline walking

do you know how to get rid of thyroid cysts/nodules btw

Katherina Dalton recommended eating carbs within an hour after waking up, then at least every 3 hours, and then within an hour before sleeping, assuming you sleep less than 10 hours, but if you sleep more than that, to eat in the night as well, all in order to prevent blood sugar from dropping. She said a drop in blood sugar would deactivate progesterone for 7 days. A decline in natural progesterone production is highly related to hair loss.

Yeah I think high GABA would inhibit fat loss but it's a healthy weight gain. Losing fat while having low GABA is cancerous metabolism. I think with good thyroid, your muscles will burn enough fat to prevent fat accumulation even with high GABA.

Excess endurance exercise like jogging or running a mile rapidly turns off T3 production, drops blood sugar, and raises serotonin. Walking is probably safe but even that would be better done outside at a park or something instead of at a treadmill.

And never had experience with that, so don't have any ideas unfortunately.

BigChad

Katherina Dalton recommended eating carbs within an hour after waking up, then at least every 3 hours, and then within an hour before sleeping, assuming you sleep less than 10 hours, but if you sleep more than that, to eat in the night as well, all in order to prevent blood sugar from dropping. She said a drop in blood sugar would deactivate progesterone for 7 days. A decline in natural progesterone production is highly related to hair loss.

Yeah I think high GABA would inhibit fat loss but it's a healthy weight gain. Losing fat while having low GABA is cancerous metabolism. I think with good thyroid, your muscles will burn enough fat to prevent fat accumulation even with high GABA.

Excess endurance exercise like jogging or running a mile rapidly turns off T3 production, drops blood sugar, and raises serotonin. Walking is probably safe but even that would be better done outside at a park or something instead of at a treadmill.

And never had experience with that, so don't have any ideas unfortunately.

lifting weights would be fine for metabolism?
the concept of the high gaba seems complex though. I get if you naturally have high gaba then it would work but in this case, what if you are taking these super doses of taurine or niacinamide. Like 2000mg taurine a day, or 100mg niacinamide a day, basically amounts you can't really get through food daily. Wouldn't that make Gaba unnaturally high, and thus cause you to excessively inhibit fat burning?
Are supplements like taurine and niacinamide only meant to be taken if you are also supplementing with thyroid hormone or NDT?

I haven't tested taurine out long enough but 100mg niacinamide, whether taken morning or night would make me extremely fatigued, as well as increased stomach bloating and indigestion. Basically couldn't even workout with the usual intensity while taking the niacinamide on a daily basis. If it was taken 3 consecutive days of the week, after 2 days off of it my energy would start returning to normal. Taurine does currently seem to make me fatigued but my thyroid function isn't the same as it was when I was using the niacinamide.

brix

the concept of the high gaba seems complex though. I get if you naturally have high gaba then it would work but in this case, what if you are taking these super doses of taurine or niacinamide. Like 2000mg taurine a day, or 100mg niacinamide a day, basically amounts you can't really get through food daily. Wouldn't that make Gaba unnaturally high, and thus cause you to excessively inhibit fat burning?
Are supplements like taurine and niacinamide only meant to be taken if you are also supplementing with thyroid hormone or NDT?

I haven't tested taurine out long enough but 100mg niacinamide, whether taken morning or night would make me extremely fatigued, as well as increased stomach bloating and indigestion. Basically couldn't even workout with the usual intensity while taking the niacinamide on a daily basis. If it was taken 3 consecutive days of the week, after 2 days off of it my energy would start returning to normal. Taurine does currently seem to make me fatigued but my thyroid function isn't the same as it was when I was using the niacinamide.

Why would niacinamide cause those effects? Is it a good supplement if you have high resting glucose levels? I feel like that is the cause of my of my issues, including hair loss.

nbznj

Estradiol is beneficial for hair, it’s been shown times and times again to elongate hair in males

The stable and high enough blood sugar whilst supplying enough fat (and a ton of vitamins, minerals, sulfated aminos) is an idea that matters more

lampofred

Lifting moderate weights without passing the lactate threshold should be good for metabolism if it's mainly focused on concentric movements (like biking). Concentric movements regenerate mitochondria and the added muscle mass burns PUFA.

I don't really know about taurine except that Dr. Peat doesn't recommend supplementing individual amino acids, but he says niacinamide turns off only excessive lipolysis, not resting lipolysis like that which should be occurring all the time in resting muscles.

I would guess the stomach bloating is due to low quality fillers and excipients in the niacinamide supplement and not due to niacinamide itself. I think niacinamide itself should be good for the gut.

BigChad

Lifting moderate weights without passing the lactate threshold should be good for metabolism if it's mainly focused on concentric movements (like biking). Concentric movements regenerate mitochondria and the added muscle mass burns PUFA.

I don't really know about taurine except that Dr. Peat doesn't recommend supplementing individual amino acids, but he says niacinamide turns off only excessive lipolysis, not resting lipolysis like that which should be occurring all the time in resting muscles.

I would guess the stomach bloating is due to low quality fillers and excipients in the niacinamide supplement and not due to niacinamide itself. I think niacinamide itself should be good for the gut.

It caused a histamine intolerance where i started getting a runny nose after having yogurt, milk, cheese, etc. Normally never occurs. 20mg niacinamide along with other bs seemed fine but 100mg gave lots of fatigue lasting the whole day even with other bs

lampofred

It caused a histamine intolerance where i started getting a runny nose after having yogurt, milk, cheese, etc. Normally never occurs.

Sounds like low blood sugar. Niacinamide lowers blood sugar rapidly by turning off fat oxidation, which turns on histamine and allergies.

100mg gave lots of fatigue lasting the whole day even with other bs

I get this sometimes if I overdo the niacinamide. I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly, but I think it's just calorie/sugar/especially protein deficiency. I can usually handle niacinamide for prolonged periods of time if I get very high amounts of high quality protein.

These symptoms mean you're probably running heavily on FFA and have a slow metabolism that's not really using carbs and protein at the rate that it should be. Fixing that will likely fix hair loss if you're experiencing that.

BigChad

Sounds like low blood sugar. Niacinamide lowers blood sugar rapidly by turning off fat oxidation, which turns on histamine and allergies.

I get this sometimes if I overdo the niacinamide. I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly, but I think it's just calorie/sugar/especially protein deficiency. I can usually handle niacinamide for prolonged periods of time if I get very high amounts of high quality protein.

These symptoms mean you're probably running heavily on FFA and have a slow metabolism that's not really using carbs and protein at the rate that it should be. Fixing that will likely fix hair loss if you're experiencing that.

I stopped niacinamide a while back, used it 10 months but i had no issue with hair loss or anything while using it, had much thicker hair with no shedding or receding. Actually the niacinamide seemed to make my hair and skin more oily.
How would i fix the metabolism and have it run on carbs and protein instead. Also if you want to maintain 10% to 12% bodyfat year round is it possible to do that without being a fat burner and burning sugar only?
And niacinamide clears out thyroid hormones from the bloodstream? It seems like its anti metabolic overall. Doesnt it also raise growth hormone and histamine

If you do long term 16 hr fasts does that encourage fat burning or sugar burning

T

tca300

My step grandfather died in his 70s from heart disease. He had a very thick head of hair, no thinning or recession whatsoever, also very little gray, and he was obese. His son ( my stepfather ) is extremely lean, basically looks like a meth addict with sunken in cheeks etc.. he is in his mid 50's, also has a thick head of hair with zero recession, very little graying. Both have/had extremely thick facial/body hair as well. Both eat/ate junk.

I think there might be more to hair loss that just a simple hormone or two, prostaglandins, etc..

P.s both worked as flaggers/road construction. They were ( stepfather still is ) very tan.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDreamer

Obese people are more likely to be running on sugar as opposed to fat. It is a drop in blood sugar that releases adrenal hormones and causes balding.

That still doesn't make any sense to me. Obese people are likely very inactive, which means a lot of glucose is not burned leading into conversion to fat. This fat that accumulates around the waist literally becomes an estrogen producing gland.

Last edited:

JDreamer

My step grandfather died in his 70s from heart disease. He had a very thick head of hair, no thinning or recession whatsoever, also very little gray, and he was obese. His son ( my stepfather ) is extremely lean, basically looks like a meth addict with sunken in cheeks etc.. he is in his mid 50's, also has a thick head of hair with zero recession, very little graying. Both have/had extremely thick facial/body hair as well. Both eat/ate junk.

I think there might be more to hair loss that just a simple hormone or two, prostaglandins, etc..

Part of me wonders how much oral health plays into it. I created a thread the other day about it, so far nobody has been willing to share their status.

lampofred

That still doesn't make any sense to me. Obese people are likely very inactive, which means a lot of glucose is not burned leading into conversion to fat. This fat that accumulates around the waste literally becomes an estrogen producing gland.

I don't think estrogen causes hair loss directly, it's the adrenal glands increasing adrenal androgen production to protect against the excess estrogen that causes hair loss. Adrenal androgens are only produced when there is a drop in blood sugar. When blood sugar is adequate, progesterone is produced to protect against estrogen. But a fall in blood sugar prevents progesterone production, which makes adrenal androgens necessary as a backup to protect against estrogen.

The brain (ruminating, thinking) is the primary consumer of glucose, which is why I think there's a relation between having an "intellectual" job and being bald. Whereas sunlight sustains blood sugar, which is probably why people who work outdoors tend to have better hair, even if they might be overweight relative to the "brainy" types.

brix

Part of me wonders how much oral health plays into it. I created a thread the other day about it, so far nobody has been willing to share their status.

I’ve never had a cavity. Still losing hair.

T

tca300

I haven't looked into your thread but whatever it's worth my stepfather has zero teeth of his own left. A story about my great grandfather who recently passed at 96. I heard he still had one real tooth left, so I asked him about it and his response was " and dont you forget it!"

They both had great hair.

JDreamer

I don't think estrogen causes hair loss directly, it's the adrenal glands increasing adrenal androgen production to protect against the excess estrogen that causes hair loss. Adrenal androgens are only produced when there is a drop in blood sugar. When blood sugar is adequate, progesterone is produced to protect against estrogen. But a fall in blood sugar prevents progesterone production, which makes adrenal androgens necessary as a backup to protect against estrogen.

The brain (ruminating, thinking) is the primary consumer of glucose, which is why I think there's a relation between having an "intellectual" job and being bald. Whereas sunlight sustains blood sugar, which is probably why people who work outdoors tend to have better hair, even if they might be overweight relative to the "brainy" types.

Interesting.

My brain runs 24/7 and I've been an overanalyzer my entire life. The recession and thinning really ramped up the last 10 years and go figure in that time I've found myself stuck in bank offices all day every day staring at a computer. I mean I seriously get no sunlight during the week other than on the ride to work. Then to top it off, I've become so self-conscious about the state of my hair that I actively avoid being out in the sunlight ..... especially for prolonged periods of time.

It really is kind of sickening to think how I've planned my life around my hair loss.

lampofred

Interesting.

My brain runs 24/7 and I've been an overanalyzer my entire life. The recession and thinning really ramped up the last 10 years and go figure in that time I've found myself stuck in bank offices all day every day staring at a computer. I mean I seriously get no sunlight during the week other than on the ride to work. Then to top it off, I've become so self-conscious about the state of my hair that I actively avoid being out in the sunlight ..... especially for prolonged periods of time.

It really is kind of sickening to think how I've planned my life around my hair loss.

I was the same way when I was losing hair. I think there's a good instinctual reason why people care so much about hair loss because it's pretty strongly correlated to very important and fundamental health issues like a shrinking cortex, heart disease, kidney degeneration, etc.

I used to think it was very complex, but when I looked at the things which helped versus the things which did not, over time I've realized that it all comes down to good metabolism, which just means using sugar efficiently and intensely, having high glucose and low FFA.

High dose coffee helped a lot, and stimulants powerfully raise blood sugar. It also reduced my PUFA stores, and PUFA fundamentally poisons glucose metabolism.
High aspirin helped a lot, and what it does is reduce FFA, forcing you to run on sugar.
I didn't use this regularly because I just couldn't eat enough to keep up with it, but niacinamide greatly improved my hair quality on the days that I took it, and if I took smaller amounts regularly, while increasing my carb and protein intake, I think it most likely would have greatly accelerated my regrowth.
Red light made a big difference on the days I used it, and red light sustains glucose oxdiation.
RP said excess nitric oxide tone is the cause of hair loss, and nitric oxide tone is increased in an inverse correlation to glucose concentration.
Avoiding alcohol and ejaculation helped a lot, and these things both lower blood sugar, and increase FFA.
Would not recommend this, but chewing tobacco leaves raises blood sugar, and smokers generally tend to have good hair.
Coconut oil would probably also help by inhibiting lipid peroxidation and increasing pregnenolone.

The above is all for temple recession and crown hair loss, in a typical male pattern baldness pattern. I think diffuse thinning is slightly different and is more related to excess phosphate (but phosphate is high primarily due to low CO2 so ultimately it's all the same thing).

Eating sugar instead of starch helped a lot, and fructose lowers phosphate.
Aspirin and niacinamide lower phosphate.
Coffee lowers phosphate.
Avoiding PUFA lowers phosphate. Vitamin E by antagonizing PUFA probably does the same.
Getting enough animal protein daily antagonizes phosphate
Calcium, vitamin D antagonize phosphate (but need to be supported with high CO2 and Vitamin K or will cause calcification)
Vitamin K antagonizes phosphate
Magnesium, and I think zinc antagonize phosphate (whereas too much copper is bad when metabolism is slow) but probably would mess up the balance of your body if supplemented in isolation

I think having a calm/thoughtless mind, depleted PUFA stores, and being exposed to high amounts of sunlight (or at least good CO2, and calcium and vitamin D) are essential to preventing hair loss, and high coffee + sugar intake is necessary to actually deplete PUFA (as opposed to just preventing further accumulation).

Damn I don't know why I just wrote an entire essay on this lol.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals