If High Estrogen Leads To Hair Loss, Why Aren't Obese Men Disproportionately Thinning?

Inaut

I save a lot of your posts @lampofred. You simplify things in a way that makes sense to me and think you are pretty spot on with regard to hair loss :)

Thanks mate!

BigChad

I was the same way when I was losing hair. I think there's a good instinctual reason why people care so much about hair loss because it's pretty strongly correlated to very important and fundamental health issues like a shrinking cortex, heart disease, kidney degeneration, etc.

I used to think it was very complex, but when I looked at the things which helped versus the things which did not, over time I've realized that it all comes down to good metabolism, which just means using sugar efficiently and intensely, having high glucose and low FFA.

High dose coffee helped a lot, and stimulants powerfully raise blood sugar. It also reduced my PUFA stores, and PUFA fundamentally poisons glucose metabolism.
High aspirin helped a lot, and what it does is reduce FFA, forcing you to run on sugar.
I didn't use this regularly because I just couldn't eat enough to keep up with it, but niacinamide greatly improved my hair quality on the days that I took it, and if I took smaller amounts regularly, while increasing my carb and protein intake, I think it most likely would have greatly accelerated my regrowth.
Red light made a big difference on the days I used it, and red light sustains glucose oxdiation.
RP said excess nitric oxide tone is the cause of hair loss, and nitric oxide tone is increased in an inverse correlation to glucose concentration.
Avoiding alcohol and ejaculation helped a lot, and these things both lower blood sugar, and increase FFA.
Would not recommend this, but chewing tobacco leaves raises blood sugar, and smokers generally tend to have good hair.
Coconut oil would probably also help by inhibiting lipid peroxidation and increasing pregnenolone.

The above is all for temple recession and crown hair loss, in a typical male pattern baldness pattern. I think diffuse thinning is slightly different and is more related to excess phosphate (but phosphate is high primarily due to low CO2 so ultimately it's all the same thing).

Eating sugar instead of starch helped a lot, and fructose lowers phosphate.
Aspirin and niacinamide lower phosphate.
Coffee lowers phosphate.
Avoiding PUFA lowers phosphate. Vitamin E by antagonizing PUFA probably does the same.
Getting enough animal protein daily antagonizes phosphate
Calcium, vitamin D antagonize phosphate (but need to be supported with high CO2 and Vitamin K or will cause calcification)
Vitamin K antagonizes phosphate
Magnesium, and I think zinc antagonize phosphate (whereas too much copper is bad when metabolism is slow) but probably would mess up the balance of your body if supplemented in isolation

I think having a calm/thoughtless mind, depleted PUFA stores, and being exposed to high amounts of sunlight (or at least good CO2, and calcium and vitamin D) are essential to preventing hair loss, and high coffee + sugar intake is necessary to actually deplete PUFA (as opposed to just preventing further accumulation).

Damn I don't know why I just wrote an entire essay on this lol.

Do you want to intentionally be restricting and limiting fat burning if your goal is to be leaner though? Running on sugar only and using things like niacinamide seem like they'd be fine if you are already lean, and want to maintain it while doing a low fat, high carb high protein diet, yet if you use niacinamide/lipolysis limiters while eating more fats or not being lean they could be detrimental?

Also aren't animal proteins one of the biggest sources of phosphate? That's partly why ray and others have advised against all meat diets. Do animal meats have something that blocks their phosphate or did you mean non meat animal proteins.

How would you get the high co2 for supporting vitamin d and calcium

JDreamer

Sounds like low blood sugar. Niacinamide lowers blood sugar rapidly by turning off fat oxidation, which turns on histamine and allergies.

I get this sometimes if I overdo the niacinamide. I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly, but I think it's just calorie/sugar/especially protein deficiency. I can usually handle niacinamide for prolonged periods of time if I get very high amounts of high quality protein.

These symptoms mean you're probably running heavily on FFA and have a slow metabolism that's not really using carbs and protein at the rate that it should be. Fixing that will likely fix hair loss if you're experiencing that.

What is FFA? Also, why would we want to supplement niacinamide if it contributes to rapidly lowering blood sugar - which you've demonstrated inactivates progesterone?

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding .....

lampofred

What is FFA? Also, why would we want to supplement niacinamide if it contributes to rapidly lowering blood sugar - which you've demonstrated inactivates progesterone?

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding .....

FFA is free fatty acids. And my bad I worded that post poorly, niacinamde itself doesn't directly lower blood sugar. It lowers FFA so it makes you burn sugar instead of fat, so if you're not consuming the necessary amount of sugar to support your metabolism, your blood sugar will fall on niacinamide.

lampofred

I save a lot of your posts @lampofred. You simplify things in a way that makes sense to me and think you are pretty spot on with regard to hair loss :)

Thanks mate!

haha thanks man!

Last edited:

BigChad

FFA is free fatty acids. And my bad I worded that post poorly, niacinamde itself doesn't directly lower blood sugar. It lowers FFA so it makes you burn sugar instead of fat, so if you're not consuming the necessary amount of sugar to support your metabolism, your blood sugar will fall on niacinamide.

Niacinamide supposedly increases diabetes risk while nicotinamide riboside reduces it?

JDreamer

Katherina Dalton recommended eating carbs within an hour after waking up, then at least every 3 hours, and then within an hour before sleeping, assuming you sleep less than 10 hours, but if you sleep more than that, to eat in the night as well, all in order to prevent blood sugar from dropping. She said a drop in blood sugar would deactivate progesterone for 7 days. A decline in natural progesterone production is highly related to hair loss.

Yeah I think high GABA would inhibit fat loss but it's a healthy weight gain. Losing fat while having low GABA is cancerous metabolism. I think with good thyroid, your muscles will burn enough fat to prevent fat accumulation even with high GABA.

Excess endurance exercise like jogging or running a mile rapidly turns off T3 production, drops blood sugar, and raises serotonin. Walking is probably safe but even that would be better done outside at a park or something instead of at a treadmill.

And never had experience with that, so don't have any ideas unfortunately.

That last sentence caught my attention and I meant to ask this earlier .....

I generally work out (heavy compound exercises) at night around 7:30pm usually no less than an hour (max 1.25 hours). Only cardio is about 15-20mins of speed walking on the treadmill. Considering how close that is to bedtime, is there anything I should know about maintaining proper blood sugar levels in lieu of that?

I don't think estrogen causes hair loss directly, it's the adrenal glands increasing adrenal androgen production to protect against the excess estrogen that causes hair loss. Adrenal androgens are only produced when there is a drop in blood sugar. When blood sugar is adequate, progesterone is produced to protect against estrogen. But a fall in blood sugar prevents progesterone production, which makes adrenal androgens necessary as a backup to protect against estrogen.

Circling back on that - does this panel align with any of the above? It's been quite some time since it was run, but figured I'd ask anyways.

Cortisol 21.5 (range 2.4-19.4)
DHEA-S 253.1 (range 138-475)
DHT 28 (range 30-85)
Estradiol 10.2 (range 7.6-42.6)
PSA 0.5 (range 0.0-4.0)
Progesterone 0.5 (range 0.2-1.4)
TSH 2.29 (range 0.47-4.68)
Free T3 6.67 (range 2.77-5.27)
Free T4 1.0 (range 0.8-2.2)
TPOab 8 (range 0-34)
Testosterone Free 12.5 (range 8.7-25.1)
Testosterone Total 342 (range 71-813)

Last edited:

Broken man

We all know that higher body fat stores lead to higher aromatization and therefore more estrogen, and many here believe that estrogen balance plays a key role in hair loss. But I've noticed that very fat men, if anything, seem to have some extra protection from hair loss/balding. What are your theories on this?
My theory Is that obese people have all the toxins stored in the fat tissue while people with normal metabolism are oxidizing all the toxins, its first phase of detoxification, this step is the problem because most of the time, the oxidized toxin is worse than it was before......The thing is that most obese people also has younger looking face when we will not look on the double chin.... I have older brother that had muscular body while almost bald at 24 years old and I have estrogenic body (fat around hips, waist and man boobs) but better hair....The thing is that my body odor was horrible, the worst it was when I supplemented thiamine hcl, he was always telling me that my smell is very bad. I also noticed it, especially when I started my detox protocol, I also lost weight because of this protocol. Its not just body odor but my stool and urine too.

Scenes

Update: coffee + sugar on scalp is stupid, the sugar makes the hair hard and sticky, bit like a hair gel.

Peat says some caffeine in vodka is best. The solution will disappear completely into the scalp. Also the standard high calcium + vitamin D.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals