I Refused Appendicitis Surgery, what now?

hierundjetzt

Hi All,

I just got home from the hospital after a 20 hour or so ordeal. I ended up in the emergency room and after a CT scan I was diagnosed with mild appendicitis. The head doctor of the ER wanted to book a surgery right away, however I refused it under the current circumstamces. My CRP was high but not super high (47), no fever, blood pressure 145/86 so nothing dramatic although higher than normal. I guess you call it appendicitis without further complications. Taking this into account with the mild appendicitis, to me aggressive antibiotics were the right call. I was laid in over night for observation instead and my vitals improved over night therefor the doctor did not push surgery as hard anymore. I was first told IV antibiotics but the doctor quickly changed her mind and prescribed me the two worst antibiotics there is, but I could not argue about that as there is data on these particular two.

Ciprofloxazin - 500 mg 2x day - 7 days
Metronidazole - 500 mg 3x day - 7 days

Do you guys have any advice for me?

Appendicitis is still a bit of a mystery to me so I have a hard time making decent decisions in terms of food, minimize side effects and how to really maximize my chances of a speedy recovery and minimize recurrence with seems to be the main complaint with the antibiotic route.

Many thanks.
Maria Treben suggested that raspberry leaf tea would cure appendicitis. Worth a try.

Rasaari

I think the antibiotics will be effective, but they are quite toxic. Switching the cipro for amoxicillin or a cephalosporin would be safer, assuming you dont have mrsa. Tetracycline like doxycycline could work too, but would have to be taken for longer

Cara

Hi All,
I just got home from the hospital after a 20 hour or so ordeal. I ended up in the emergency room and after a CT scan I was diagnosed with mild appendicitis. The head doctor of the ER wanted to book a surgery right away, however I refused it under the current circumstamces. My CRP was high but not super high (47), no fever, blood pressure 145/86 so nothing dramatic although higher than normal. I guess you call it appendicitis without further complications. Taking this into account with the mild appendicitis, to me aggressive antibiotics were the right call. I was laid in over night for observation instead and my vitals improved over night therefor the doctor did not push surgery as hard anymore. I was first told IV antibiotics but the doctor quickly changed her mind and prescribed me the two worst antibiotics there is, but I could not argue about that as there is data on these particular two.
Appendicitis is still a bit of a mystery to me so I have a hard time making decent decisions in terms of food, minimize side effects and how to really maximize my chances of a speedy recovery and minimize recurrence with seems to be the main complaint with the antibiotic route.
Many thanks.

Cara

Hi All,

Many thanks.
Wow! Sorry to hear..
The fact that you’re even able to write right now shows how mild it is. Keep an eye out for future leaks. I had mine removed and didn’t even think twice about pain meds because the pain was excruciating. Symptoms were vomiting over 10 times and side cramping to a level of not being able to walk. Mine turned out to be trapped fecal. Be on the watch.

John mcclain

Had mine out when I was 15 had 2 or 3 days of the worst pain ever thought it was a bad flu or that ....apparently they burst and I was hours away from death.i beleive to this day my body changed for the worse I was fairly lean and within a year I gained alot and when I think back that's were most of my issues began ...I beleive now the appendix is alot more important than we know...

CLASH

Hi All,

Many thanks.

"Antibiotics
Most antibiotic regimens were consistent with 2010 and 2017 Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Surgical Infection Society (SIS) guidelines for treatment of mild-to-moderate community-acquired intra-abdominal infections.45,46 Initial parenteral antibiotic regimens used included a second- or third-generation cephalosporin (e.g., cefmetazole, cefotaxime, or ceftriaxone) plus metronidazole (or tinidazole) or single-agent regimens of amoxicillin-clavulanate (or ampicillin-sulbactam), piperacillin-tazobactam, or a carbapenem (ertapenem or meropenem). Oral (and alternative parenteral) regimens, started upon hospital discharge, included a fluoroquinolone or an advanced generation cephalosporin plus metronidazole, and amoxicillin-clavulanate. Four trials (12%) used intravenous and oral amoxicillin-clavulanate (or ampicillin-sulbactam),8,24,33,42which are recommended against by IDSA and SIS guidelines. In three pediatric trials, ciprofloxacin was used.10,18,19 One pilot RCT allowed outpatient management facilitated by administration of long-acting ertapenem.11Daily-dosed ceftriaxone and metronidazole have also been used.21,32,38,41 Conservatively managed patients have been shown to experience more, mostly mild, antibiotic-related side effects compared with appendectomy patients.11

Total intravenous and oral antibiotic duration ranged from 4 to 15 days. The most common total antibiotic duration was 10 days, which was used in 12 trials (35%)4,6,9–11,18,19,21,22,29,31,39; seven trials (21%) used 7 days.20,24,27,30,36,40,41 The shortest duration was 4 days, used in four trials (12%).25,28,34,43"

Cara

Had mine out when I was 15 had 2 or 3 days of the worst pain ever thought it was a bad flu or that ....apparently they burst and I was hours away from death.i beleive to this day my body changed for the worse I was fairly lean and within a year I gained alot and when I think back that's were most of my issues began ...I beleive now the appendix is alot more important than we know...
So gnarly. I believe so too. I’ve read it’s where we store emergency good bacteria for in times like diarrhea/food poisoning.

SOMO

I can't believe they're still prescribing Fluoroquinolones. Fluorine is not compatible with human biology.

Besides another antibiotic, I would also take Ivermectin possibly.

jnklheimer

I would try to avoid cipro and maybe see if methylene blue will work for you. Flagyl is less bad than cipro but maybe take the TTFD form of thiamine with it.

Whataboutbob

The inflamed appendix is markedly depleted of serotonin in the epithelium and lamina propria. Local serotonin release from ECs and SNCs in the appendix may act as an inflammatory mediator in appendicitis and is likely to be the source of raised blood serotonin in AA.

1627588116094.png

angelina

I have a similar story. I was only 7 and very, very slim. I was never slim again after the removal.

angelina

There is a theory in Chinese medicine that the appendix "guards" the gallbladder and the gallbladder "guards" the heart. I don't have an appendix or a gallbladder. I wonder if anyone else has both of these organs missing?

There is a theory in Chinese medicine that the appendix "guards" the gallbladder and the gallbladder "guards" the heart. I don't have an appendix or a gallbladder. I wonder if anyone else has both of these organs missing?
The "gall bladder guarding the heart" is interesting to me. Interestingly when I was having gall bladder issues many years ago, I was also having heart issues. I am just realizing this now. The doc had me wear a heart monitor for a couple of days and, though they didn't know why I was having irregularities in my heart beats, I was prescribed heart medication, that they said would be necessary for life. They said it was to keep me from having a heart attack. At the same time I had a gall bladder attack and another doc said it needed to be be removed. Long story sorta short, i flushed the heart medication down the toilet, refused the gall bladder surgery and did some reading. I am happy to report 10+ years later I have no issues with either organ and now reading what you wrote angelina, I am so grateful I became my own doctor Thank you so much for that new puzzle piece of my health :)

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I would include chlorine dioxide, three activated drops every hour for eight hours. The chlorine dioxide will kill the infection but other suggestions here on this post may help to clean out the appendix.

But it may take too longer to have it shipped, I order mine from KV Lab:

OP
Steed

Steed

UPDATE: Thanks everyone, I have been on vacation and just returned. Good news is that the pain completely went away on day four of cipro + metron but the metron made me agitated so I was really looking forward to quit. Probably the worst side effect of a medicine that I have ever taken. I went the full 7 days and stopped tuesday night with both.

Now to the bad news. The pain has cone back slighltly since I came back home yesterday. I started feeling like lightening pain in the appendix area a few times during the day and I have some soreness. I have since added a sustained release beta lactam pivmecillinam 3x/day 200 mg as this was the only one I could get my hands on. Were I live it is very difficult to get ahold of medicines that are outside of regular protocol. In fact, I have really never heard of such thing.

One thing that surpised me was what I think was maggot like parasites, small white worms, in the stool on friday and saturday, co-inciding at least on the day of the lightning pain. Wishful thinking is of course that this has something to do with the pain.

I am also adding Taurine 2 grams a day for increased bile flow and serrapeptase for pus removal assistance.

I think Vegetable Police once ended in the ER with appendicitis while he was in Thailand after breaking his 20+ day water fast with a raw egg. He denied the surgery, and the nurse even had him sign a paper saying the hospitable wouldn't be responsible if he died. He healed it with lots of juice. Probably the carbs, especially the fructose, along with the vitamin C, helped with lowering stress hormones and keeping the organism energized. Ray said that glucose is the default fuel when the animal grows up, but when it is under stress, it is fructose which helps the animal the most. Galactose should have a similar effect.

Have you been eating a lot of seeds or whole grains? I think constipation also plays a big role, since, if the food remnants in the gut dry out too much, it will affect the flow in the large intestine.

Ciprofloxazin isn't recommended, it has been quite bad for some people, but if you don't use it for too long, it may not be that bad. Still a gamble though. Maybe going to another doctor and asking them for one of the tetracyclines, which are way safer?

In terms of what to eat, fruit juice, dairy, ground meat, bone broth and well cooked white rice tend to be easy to digest. Raw carrots are anti- septic, but you'd need to see how your gut feels with them, it may be too rough. Cooked mushrooms, since they're softer, may very well be more tolerated.

Thanks man, really interesting information. I have increased fruit consumption considerably and I generally eat a quite strict diet of low endotoxin foods and I have good liver and bowl health function, although this has not always been the case in the past.

Hey buddy, I'm someone who had appendicitis, refused surgery and recovered naturally.

I'll tell you exactly what I did.

1. I water fasted for 3-7 days, along with epsom salt flushes to completely evacuate my bowls.
2. The last 2-3 days of the water fast, I ate a lot of crushed garlic 3x per day, nothing else.
3. On the final day of the water flush, I did back-to-back coffee enemas and released a huge parasite (rope worm, on video too).

Appendicitis gone.

Don't take those antibiotics, super toxic, especially cipro.

Thanks man, this sounds like a possible route for me to go, although inconvenient as I have a lot of things to do. I have done a few fasts in the past and they tend to drain my energy. If is it a parasite that hinders proper energy flow in the appendix, it might just be a damn parasite.

Thank you for this info, interesting to find hands-on data and conclusions, literature is vague.

Endotoxins are the main cause for appendicitis. Carrot salad and boiled mushrooms. Fruit and sugar and no starch low fiber should help.
You don't want to take cyprofloxazin ever. Penicillin and it's synthetic derivatives are best. Minocycline and all tetracycline are good. Aspirin and MB and quinine help. A laxative to push out the bacteria.

Agree that both molecules are risky, but I had no other option. I have since yesterday jumped on a cepalosporin derivative in case the pain the new pain is pathological. Otherwise, my bowl function is back to normal since dropping the antibiotics, they reaked havoc on my stomach with diarrea and a lot of bloating which both subsided the day after stopping. In fact, I empty my bowls more often the last few days.

I also like quinone derivatives, but I cannot get them presecrbed for appendicitis, believe me, I tried.

Aspirin has been in the range of 500-1000 mg a day, thank you!

Remove all "hard to digest" foods and keep endotoxins low via carrot salad, charcoal, cascara, etc.

Yes, thank you, I will introduce carrots later today. I have been taking emodin but this tends to kill my cortisol to the level of feeling almost sick upon waking up at higher levels, over 1 mg. So I stopped using it, maybe 1 mg topically is sufficient to offer some help. I will introduce olive oil in charcoal tonight again, thank you for the reminder!

OP
Steed

Steed

The inflamed appendix is markedly depleted of serotonin in the epithelium and lamina propria. Local serotonin release from ECs and SNCs in the appendix may act as an inflammatory mediator in appendicitis and is likely to be the source of raised blood serotonin in AA.

View attachment 25966
Does not surprise me, I will try to put extra attention on lowering serotonin. Thanks man, good job digging.

OP
Steed

Steed

Wow! Sorry to hear..
The fact that you’re even able to write right now shows how mild it is. Keep an eye out for future leaks. I had mine removed and didn’t even think twice about pain meds because the pain was excruciating. Symptoms were vomiting over 10 times and side cramping to a level of not being able to walk. Mine turned out to be trapped fecal. Be on the watch.
Thank you Cara. I am certainly keeping an extra eye, thank you for reminding me. Sometimes I can be too stubborn. I wonder what the solution for trapped fecal could be as I assume that if it is removed, inflammation ought to subside?

Vins7

Thank you Cara. I am certainly keeping an extra eye, thank you for reminding me. Sometimes I can be too stubborn. I wonder what the solution for trapped fecal could be as I assume that if it is removed, inflammation ought to subside?
Doing enemas un these cases could be dangerous?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals