I Have A Friend That Just Got Diagnosed With Bile Duct Cancer,any Suggestions On Treatments Or Clini

Sandra V

I have a friend with bile duct cancer any suggestions on treatments or clinics?

jzeno

Ginger, chili peppers could work together to lower cancer risk

There's a bit of research that shows capsaicin, in the form of habanero peppers for example, causes cancer cells to die. Apparently, ginger and capsaicin have a synergistic effect and reduce risk even more when both consumed.

I began eating the peppers and drinking freshly squeezed Ginger juice because of this and a study where capsaicin was shown to shrink tumor size and recently I found a strange lump on my abdomen and I thought I could eat some peppers in the meantime until my doctor's appointment. I was desperate and the study seemed promising and habanero peppers are dirt cheap and I could stomach spicy peppers if I could get rid of cancer--no brainer.

So, I do feel better and I've been eating 2 peppers/day (if not more) for a little over a week. I feel better every other day so I just keep eating them. The discomfort from the spice is short term and it can be kinda fun because it's so scary how spicy a pepper might be, but I know I'll be fine in like 20 minutes.

Here's the study on capsaicin shrinking tumors: Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, inhibits the growth of androgen-independent, p53 mutant prostate cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Capsaicin causes cancer cells to commit suicide: Pepper Component Hot Enough To Trigger Suicide In Prostate Cancer Cells

Here's another study: Capsaicin produces antidepressant-like effects in the forced swimming test and enhances the response of a sub-effective dose of amitriptyline in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Capsaicin reduces inflammation, which is connected with depression: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0898656802000864

Last edited:
OP
S

Sandra V

Ginger, chili peppers could work together to lower cancer risk

There's a bit of research that shows capsaicin, in the form of habanero peppers for example, causes cancer cells to die. Apparently, ginger and capsaicin have a synergistic effect and reduce risk even more when both consumed.

I began eating the peppers and drinking freshly squeezed Ginger juice because of this and a study where capsaicins tumor size and recently I found a strange lump on my abdomen and I thought I could eat some peppers in the meantime until my doctor's appointment. I was desperate and the study seemed promising and habanero peppers are dirt cheap and I could stomach spicy peppers if I could get rid of cancer--no brainer.

So, I do feel better and I've been eating 2 peppers/day (if not more) for a little over a week. I feel better every other day so I just keep eating them. The discomfort from the spice is short term and it can be kinda fun because it's so scary how spicy a pepper might be, but I know I'll be fine in like 20 minutes.

Here's the study on capsaicin shrinking tumors: Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, inhibits the growth of androgen-independent, p53 mutant prostate cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Capsaicin causes cancer cells to commit suicide: Pepper Component Hot Enough To Trigger Suicide In Prostate Cancer Cells

Here's another study: Capsaicin produces antidepressant-like effects in the forced swimming test and enhances the response of a sub-effective dose of amitriptyline in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Capsaicin reduces inflammation, which is connected with depression: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0898656802000864
Thank you,I will pass it on

boris

Thanks,will pass it on
:thumbup:

This is the quote from Ray Peat by the way:

"When people with cancer ask for my recommendations, they usually think I’m joking when I tell them to use aspirin, and very often they don’t take it, on the basis of what seems to be a very strong cultural prejudice. Several years ago, a woman whose doctors said it would be impossible to operate on her extremely painful “inflammatory breast cancer,” had overnight complete relief of the pain and swelling from taking a few aspirins. The recognized anti-metastatic effect of aspirin, and its ability to inhibit the development of new blood vessels that would support the tumor’s growth, make it an appropriate drug to use for pain control, even if it doesn’t shrink the tumor. In studies of many kinds of tumor, though, it does cause regression, or at least slows tumor growth. And it protects against many of the systemic consequences of cancer, including wasting (cachexia), immunosuppression, and strokes."

Peat says for a regular person up to 1g of Aspirin is ok. For aggressive cancers up to 6g or more. Your friend just needs to make sure to take 1mg of K2 per 325mg of Aspirin to oppose the blood thinning effect. An easy way to do that is Thorne K2 which is super concentrated at exactly 1mg per drop ;)

To test out the upper limit: slowly increase the dose until "ear ringing" will tell you the limit, back up a little bit with the dose until you get no more ear ringing and keep it there.

Also it is advised to dissolve the tablets completely in liquid and not drink the residue at the bottom of the glass.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

I once asked Ray for his advice for a person with liver and bile duct cancer. This was his reply:

"Besides those, I would include an antibiotic to reduce intestinal bacteria, and captopril, a small amount of cyproheptadine or ketotifen or possibly other antihistamines, and some lidocaine, either orally or transdermally (ointment or patch). I’ve known a few people (and dogs and cats) that lived a long time with liver cancer, just using progesterone."​

CLASH

-aspirin

-methylene blue

-minocycline

-maitake

-shiitake

-turkey tail

-lions mane

-pau D’ arco

-sweet wormwood (artemisin)

-emodin

-albendazole

From what I have read, all are known to experimentally and/ or anecdotally help get rid of cancer.

burtlancast

:thumbup:
Peat says for a regular person up to 1g of Aspirin is ok. For aggressive cancers up to 6g or more.

Aspirin stimulates insulin release and lowers blood glucose.

At 4 g/day, i had constant headaches (the irony) due to low blood glucose and i suspect a lot of other people would as well.
So it remains a question mark if this is a realist option.

Last edited:

burtlancast

I’ve known a few people (and dogs and cats) that lived a long time with liver cancer, just using progesterone."

Why would anyone use just progesterone for liver cancer when Danopoulos proved oral urea therapy is an excellent remedy for liver cancer, as it concentrates in the liver after absorption in the digestive tract.

Ray of all people is well placed to know that, but doesn't seem to advise it to others.

boris

Aspirin stimulates insulin release and lowers blood glucose.

At 4 g/day, i had constant headaches (the irony) due to low blood glucose and i suspect a lot of other people would as well.
So it remains a question mark if this is a realist option.

Plenty of people do well on it ;). Only way to know is to try.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

Why would anyone use just progesterone for liver cancer when Danopoulos proved oral urea therapy is an excellent remedy for liver cancer, as it concentrates in the liver after absorption in the digestive tract.

Ray of all people is well placed to know that, but doesn't seem to advise it to others.

Ray didn't advise to use only progesterone, he only mentioned that he knew individuals that had good results with using only it. Ray has spoken about the work of Danopoulos, and is aware of the potential of urea. On the other hand, he is probably also aware of the lack of evidence regarding urea. Several studies have attempted to replicate Danopoulos' findings, and failed. Therefore, it seems reasonable to me to give people advice that has been shown to work. That said, I don't think he would object to include urea in a "protocol".

burtlancast

Ray didn't advise to use only progesterone, he only mentioned that he knew individuals that had good results with using only it. Ray has spoken about the work of Danopoulos, and is aware of the potential of urea. On the other hand, he is probably also aware of the lack of evidence regarding urea. Several studies have attempted to replicate Danopoulos' findings, and failed. Therefore, it seems reasonable to me to give people advice that has been shown to work.

You mean studies have shown progesterone to improve/cure liver cancer ?

Watubi

I married my bride in 1993 when she told me that everyone in her family (on both sides) had died (or had) cancer as far back as they knew. From that time to date I have studied cancer. I quickly became disenchanted with limited effectiveness of the standard of care (chemo and radiation) which redirected my almost daily study of the subject to functional medicine and naturopathic oncology modalities. Cancers vary in their metabolic pathways and fuel types. In other words there isn't a one size fits all solution to cures for all types of cancer. Some cancer fuels are derived from glucose and some are not. Some are anaerobic and some are not. Some cancers can create prolific angiogenic cell bodies at positive 25 millivolts and some require greater than Positive 40 millivolts (which correlates to tissue PH of the malformed cells) to stimulate a sustaining autonomous blood supply. The point is that unless the metabolic pathway for the cancer type is understood an effective course of action leading to eradication of the cancer cannot be determined and predictably the 'one size fits all' standard of care leaves most patients with a recurrence of cancer within five years of "treatment". In my opinion one of the best books on the market helping individuals and oncology centers around the world determine the best medical approach to eradicating specific cancer types based on clinically studied cancer metabolism pathways is called 'How to Starve Cancer: Without Starving Yourself by Jane McLelland. I highly recommend it.

OP
S

Sandra V

I married my bride in 1993 when she told me that everyone in her family (on both sides) had died (or had) cancer as far back as they knew. From that time to date I have studied cancer. I quickly became disenchanted with limited effectiveness of the standard of care (chemo and radiation) which redirected my almost daily study of the subject to functional medicine and naturopathic oncology modalities. Cancers vary in their metabolic pathways and fuel types. In other words there isn't a one size fits all solution to cures for all types of cancer. Some cancer fuels are derived from glucose and some are not. Some are anaerobic and some are not. Some cancers can create prolific angiogenic cell bodies at positive 25 millivolts and some require greater than Positive 40 millivolts (which correlates to tissue PH of the malformed cells) to stimulate a sustaining autonomous blood supply. The point is that unless the metabolic pathway for the cancer type is understood an effective course of action leading to eradication of the cancer cannot be determined and predictably the 'one size fits all' standard of care leaves most patients with a recurrence of cancer within five years of "treatment". In my opinion one of the best books on the market helping individuals and oncology centers around the world determine the best medical approach to eradicating specific cancer types based on clinically studied cancer metabolism pathways is called 'How to Starve Cancer: Without Starving Yourself by Jane McLelland. I highly recommend it.

Elast1c

I know he's referenced it a few times about cancer. At times he mentions it for the elderly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals