Where To Start With Large Brain Tumor?

Syncopated

If starch is digested properly then there is little endotoxin.

Starch digestion begins with chewing and mixing mouth amylase with yams or sweet potatoes.

Travis

If starch is digested properly then there is little endotoxin.

Starch digestion begins with chewing and mixing mouth amylase with yams or sweet potatoes.
Agreed; if starch is digested properly it is then simply glucose, and will be absorbed into the ileum and duodenum as such. However, there are still two fractions that may still be of concern: enzyme-resistant starch and non-starch polysachharides. These two fractions have been recovered in small amounts after normal people had eaten potatoes; amylase-resistant starch has also been found to increase upon potato cooling due to starch retrogradation, where it recondenses into a double helix and excludes water. What exactly makes starch enzyme-resistant I don't know, but its easy to imagine that it's due to a modification—perhaps a phosphate, sulfate, or amino group—or heat damage effecting its tertiary conformation. But regardless of what remainins after potato consumption, I think the Okinawans prove that this is relatively insignifi-
cant. The potato is most often cooked using the least destructive methods possible; most amylase-resistant starch appears mostly formed by toasting and rolling (oats).

J

jb116

Agreed; if starch is digested properly it is then simply glucose, and will be absorbed into the ileum and duodenum as such. However, there are still two fractions that may still be of concern: enzyme-resistant starch and non-starch polysachharides. These two fractions have been recovered in small amounts after normal people had eaten potatoes; amylase-resistant starch has also been found to increase upon potato cooling due to starch retrogradation, where it recondenses into a double helix and excludes water. What exactly makes starch enzyme-resistant I don't know, but its easy to imagine that it's due to a modification—perhaps a phosphate, sulfate, or amino group—or heat damage effecting its tertiary conformation. But regardless of what remainins after potato consumption, I think the Okinawans prove that this is relatively insignifi-
cant. The potato is most often cooked using the least destructive methods possible; most amylase-resistant starch appears mostly formed by toasting and rolling (oats).
It seems that boiling starch in water is the best method to cook starch, would you say?
And of course chewing very well and mixing with enough salivia to break it down properly.

Travis

Yeah. I think potatoes cooked in water would be theoretically the safest starch to eat; and if there's something safer than that I'd think the Okinawans would like to know. But you do see indications that starch can be damaging, from tapioca starch being fed to monkeys and causing vascular polysaccharoidosis to Virchow Bodies (classic amyloid) being historically found in the brain—stained with Lugol's, the starch indicator (but also stains glycogen). After reading a bit, yet not enough, about cell biology a person can perhaps become hyperopic towards the extracellular matrix—the space in between cells composed largely of polysaccharides. But answer to the degree in which exogenous plant starch can become incorporated into the extracellular matrix is confounded by the fact that it's near-identical to glycogen, with amylopecin being just essentially less-branched glycogen. Such a thing has been found inside the body in Lafora's disease, a glycogen storage disease; but oddly, and perhaps even humorously, the presence of this 'unbranched glycogen' observed in Lafora's disease is taken as indication of a 'branching enzyme deficiency.' This can be shown genetically in some cases, but not in all of them. The fact that monkeys get polysaccharoidosis of the blood vessels when fed tapioca starch proves, in my view, that at least dry tapioca starch can be persorbed and integrated into the extracellular space. But then again, the fact that Okinawan's live so long basically exonerates potatoes; if the longest-living population cannot be taken as models for safety than I don't know who can.

J

jb116

Yeah. I think potatoes cooked in water would be theoretically the safest starch to eat; and if there's something safer than that I'd think the Okinawans would like to know. But you do see indications that starch can be damaging, from tapioca starch being fed to monkeys and causing vascular polysaccharoidosis to Virchow Bodies (classic amyloid) being historically found in the brain—stained with Lugol's, the starch indicator (but also stains glycogen). After reading a bit, yet not enough, about cell biology a person can perhaps become hyperopic towards the extracellular matrix—the space in between cells composed largely of polysaccharides. But answer to the degree in which exogenous plant starch can become incorporated into the extracellular matrix is confounded by the fact that it's near-identical to glycogen, with amylopecin being just essentially less-branched glycogen. Such a thing has been found inside the body in Lafora's disease, a glycogen storage disease; but oddly, and perhaps even humorously, the presence of this 'unbranched glycogen' observed in Lafora's disease is taken as indication of a 'branching enzyme deficiency.' This can be shown genetically in some cases, but not in all of them. The fact that monkeys get polysaccharoidosis of the blood vessels when fed tapioca starch proves, in my view, that at least dry tapioca starch can be persorbed and integrated into the extracellular space. But then again, the fact that Okinawan's live so long basically exonerates potatoes; if the longest-living population cannot be taken as models for safety than I don't know who can.
Thanks...also, white rice cooked well seems safe to me too. It can be problematic perhaps but for other reasons of nutritional balance.

fradon

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals