Need Help For A Kid Getting Chemotherapy For Burkitt's Lymphoma / Cancer

theLaw

Food-junk and some mystery ailments: Fatigue, Alzheimer's, Colitis, Immunodeficiency. Carrageenan
"R.J.V. Pulvertaft found "a close similarity between Burkitt cells and human lymphocytes stimulated by bean extract." He concluded that "…the possibility of a relation between Burkitt's lymphoma and a diet of beans should not be neglected," though he emphasized that other factors must be considered, since most people who eat beans don't develop the disease. The intestinal parasites which are common in tropical Africa can cause inflammation of the bowel, leading to the absorption of large amounts of antigens."

Any resources, references, quotes related to possible Burkitt's Lymphoma treatments that I can forward to the parents would be immensely appreciated too.

Niacinamide:

Niacinamide Is A Potent Antifungal Effective Against Candida
Niacinamide Can Help Treat Highly Drug-resistant Bacterial Infections
Cancer Addiction To Fat Confirmed; Niacinamide As Possible Treatment

I know this might sound controversial for this forum, but I wouldn't focus too much on diet, and instead, try to make sure that the kid's caloric intake is very high.

There are certainly foods that could be added to the diet (gelatin-great lakes green can/milk/eggs/oj/etc), but unless the diet is largely bean-based, I think that trying to cut out a particular food (with the exception of very high pufa) might be more harm than good. Just choose foods that kid's like.

"Perfect is the enemy of good" -Voltaire

mouse

With regards to "estrogen driving hematologic cancers," I don't see other papers that agree with that in NHL, and given the age of the patient, I don't know if it's relevant. As for cortisol, I believe the first chemotherapy treatment that worked for lymphomas was high dose corticosteroids and it's still used today.

2014: Does Gender Matter in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma? Differences in Epidemiology, Clinical Behavior, and Therapy
The molecular mechanisms through which sex hormones influence the development of NHL are not yet fully understood. One possible mechanism may be related to the effect of estrogen on the host immune response.

Rachon et al. showed that 17β-estradiol decreases spontaneous production of interleukin 6 (IL6) by mononuclear cells, resulting in lower serum IL6 levels.18 High levels of IL6 in the serum are associated with reduced complete response and diminished overall survival among patients with DLBCL.19 Thus, it could be suggested that estrogen provides a protective effect by lowering IL6 levels....

Another proposed mechanism is via the direct effect of estrogen on all types of lymphocytes that express the estrogen receptor.21 Yakimchuk et al. provided evidence for the anti-proliferative effect of estrogen on lymphoid cells through estrogen receptor β (ERβ) signaling. Exposure of T cell lymphoma and Burkitt lymphoma cells to selective ERβ agonists in vitro inhibited their proliferation. In addition, tumor growth was greater in male mice implanted with lymphoma cells compared to female mice. When female mice were ovariectomized the results became almost identical for both genders.22 The exact mechanism by which estrogen inhibits lymphoma cell proliferation is still elusive.

2009: Reproductive factors, exogenous hormone use, and risk of lymphoid neoplasms among women in the National Institutes of Health-AARP Diet and Health Study cohort
Reasons for higher incidence of lymphoid neoplasms among men than women are unknown. Because female sex hormones have immunomodulatory effects, reproductive factors and exogenous hormone use may affect risk for lymphoid malignancies. Previous epidemiologic studies on this topic have yielded conflicting results. Within the National Institutes of Health-AARP Diet and Health Study cohort, we prospectively analyzed detailed, questionnaire-derived information on menstrual and reproductive factors and use of oral contraceptives and menopausal hormone therapy among 134,074 US women. Using multivariable proportional hazards regression models, we estimated relative risks (RRs) for 85 plasma cell neoplasms and 417 non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHLs) identified during follow-up from 1996-2002. We observed no statistically significant associations between plasma cell neoplasms, NHL, or the three most common NHL subtypes and age at menarche, parity, age at first birth, oral contraceptive use, or menopausal status at baseline. For menopausal hormone therapy use, overall associations between NHL and unopposed estrogen and estrogen plus progestin were null, with the potential exception of an inverse association (RR=0.49, 95% CI, 0.25-0.96) between use of unopposed estrogen and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), the most common NHL subtype, among women with a hysterectomy. These data do not support an important role for reproductive factors or exogenous hormones in modulating lymphomagenesis.

2015: Error - Cookies Turned Off
Estrogens are important immunomodulators, exerting significant effects on cell proliferation, apoptosis, cytokine production and differentiation of hematopoietic cells. Estrogen receptors are expressed on normal B and T lymphocytes, bone marrow and in leukemia and lymphoma cell lines. Epidemiologic evidence for the association of menopausal hormone use with risk of non‐Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) has been mixed; however, all of the investigations have been observational. We analyzed the data from Women's Health Initiative hormone therapy trials where conjugated equine estrogens (CEE; 0.625 mg/d) plus medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA; 2.5 mg/d) (n = 16,654) or CEE alone (women with prior hysterectomy) (n = 10,685) were tested against placebos and the intervention lasted a median of 5.6 years in the CEE + MPA trial and 7.2 years in the CEE alone trial. During 13 years of follow‐up through September 20, 2013 383 incident NHL cases were identified. We used the intent‐to‐treat approach to calculate incidence rates of NHL, hazards ratios (HR) and 95% confidence intervals (CI) by treatment group. Incidence of NHL was virtually the same in the treatment and placebo groups. The HR was 1.02 (95%CI 0.74–1.39) for CEE alone, 0.98 (95% CI 0.76–1.28) for CEE+MPA, and 1.00 (95% CI 0.82–1.22) for both combined. There were no specific NHL subtypes associated with either type of the treatment, except a marginally decreased risk of plasma cell neoplasms (HR= 0.53 95% CI 0.27–1.03) in the CEE‐alone group. These results do not support a role of estrogen alone or combined with progestin in the development of NHL among postmenopausal women.

igemfourd

Hello, I hope the kid is doing well now?

Since it has been a couple year, any insights on what might help to prevent lymphoma coming back or fighting it?
Much appreciated.

OP
boris

boris

Hello, I hope the kid is doing well now?

Since it has been a couple year, any insights on what might help to prevent lymphoma coming back or fighting it?
Much appreciated.

Back then they did the regular treatment, maybe surgery, not sure. He was „ok“ after that. I don‘t know how he‘s doing now.

Best way to prevent it is probably to support the metabolism in all aspects. Good nutrition, low PUFA, living a meaningful or good life (whatever it is for the individual person), checking thyroid function.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom