Where To Start With Large Brain Tumor?

L

lollipop

My friend was just diagnosed with a large brain tumor. See image:

2B28AD18-6AE4-4D1C-AEB4-168BBD808621.jpeg

Where to begin to help him? If it was breast or prostate cancer, I could make some suggestions. But brain tumor, I am not confident enough.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance ❤️

burtlancast

Here are 3 cases of brain cancer successfully treated with oleander: Oleander Therapy

The Beljanski herbal extracts are very successful too.

HDD

Herb Doctors: The Metabolism Of Cancernew

“And then the CO2 also directly intervenes in the inhibition of lactic acid production, and so just by increasing CO2 breathing in a bag for example for a minute or so at a time several times a day will lower your serum lactic acid and it's only in the last two or three years that several people are recognizing that you can diagnose a cancer just by an increased chronic lactic acid excess in the blood and since it's one of the factors that keeps the process going, anything you can do that will shift towards oxidative metabolism and lower your production of lactic acid RAY PEAT: is helpful.

SARAH JOHANNESEN MURRAY: That’s why you recommend for people who have cancer that they go to high elevations so that they can increase the amount of CO2 in their blood SARAH JOHANNESEN MURRAY

: stream?

RAY PEAT: Yeah, there were studies in Russia in the 1960s in which they gave carcinogens to rats and then they treated some with chemotherapy and took them to, I think it was 17,000 feet altitude, and the ones at high altitude recovered at a very high rate with or without the chemotherapy. The chemotherapy cured a few of them at normal altitude but cured most of them at the high altitude.

And about 100 years ago the insurance company – industry was already aware that the cancer mortality was about 10% lower in cities at high altitudes, so it was RAY PEAT: well-recognized.

OP
L

lollipop

Herb Doctors: The Metabolism Of Cancernew

“And then the CO2 also directly intervenes in the inhibition of lactic acid production, and so just by increasing CO2 breathing in a bag for example for a minute or so at a time several times a day will lower your serum lactic acid and it's only in the last two or three years that several people are recognizing that you can diagnose a cancer just by an increased chronic lactic acid excess in the blood and since it's one of the factors that keeps the process going, anything you can do that will shift towards oxidative metabolism and lower your production of lactic acid RAY PEAT: is helpful.

SARAH JOHANNESEN MURRAY: That’s why you recommend for people who have cancer that they go to high elevations so that they can increase the amount of CO2 in their blood SARAH JOHANNESEN MURRAY

: stream?

RAY PEAT: Yeah, there were studies in Russia in the 1960s in which they gave carcinogens to rats and then they treated some with chemotherapy and took them to, I think it was 17,000 feet altitude, and the ones at high altitude recovered at a very high rate with or without the chemotherapy. The chemotherapy cured a few of them at normal altitude but cured most of them at the high altitude.

And about 100 years ago the insurance company – industry was already aware that the cancer mortality was about 10% lower in cities at high altitudes, so it was RAY PEAT: well-recognized.
Thank you @HDD ❤️ :):

burtlancast

There are some simple and cheap measures that can be applied to any type of cancer:

- Bob Beck blood electrifier
- artemisinin
- avemar, vit K2, Co Q10 (all of them quinones)
- garlic
- liver juice (see gerson)
- iodine
- magnesium chloride
- selenium
- carrot juice and coffee enemas

The first 2 can potentially cure the cancer, while the rest support organs, detoxification and immunity.

Last edited:
OP
L

lollipop

There are some simple and cheap measures that can be applied to any type of cancer:

- Bob Beck blood electrifier
- artemisinin
- avemar
- garlic
- liver juice (see gerson)
- magnesium chloride
- selenium
- coQ10
- carrot juice and coffee enemas

The first 2 can potentially cure the cancer, while the rest support organs, detoxification and immunity.
Fantastic @burtlancast. Very helpful and hopeful.

Tarmander

Oh right! Oops forgot. I do not usually use for cancer so slipped my mind.
Ha...you know when people ask me point blank about some disease...I often go blank. All the reading of studies I have done you would think I would have a million answers, but my mind goes blank.

aquaman

@haidut has posted a lot about this.

There's a great answer of his I saved before here: Cancer And Glucose (sugar)

Thiamine and DCA: Thiamine Acts Similarly To DCA And May Be Helpful In Cancer

See Haidut's thread on Lisuride, lots on Aspirin etc

And some others of his: Immune Dysfunction (cortisol/estrogen/PUFA), Not Genetics, Causes Cancer

Inosine Powerfully Stimulates Mitochondriogenesis, Oxidative Metabolism & Cell Differentiation

Cancer Is A State Of Chronic Stress With Elevated Lipolysis And Ketogenesis

Also, Ray/Andrew on Herb doctors recently talked about how just the diagnosis can be a killer. People hear the diagnosis and think they are done for, and that sets a chain reaction. Reinforcing that it is not a death sentence and that people do recover is important.

edit: can you get him to do full blood tests for all the main biomarkers (ie the normal blood tests many people list on here)? Things like lactate will be useful

Last edited:

Travis

Methylglyoxal? @Travis
Since the brain uses glucose, then a glyoxylase I inhibitor would increase methylglyoxal in that organ. The best ones—lapachol and β-lapachone—are found in pau d'arco. Methylglyoxal is normally produced in the cell from trioses where it is kept in check by glutathione and glyoxylase I, which turns it into lactic acid; so whenever glyoxylase I is overactive, you have increased lactic acid in addition to low methylgloxal. Besides the classic methylglyoxal and lapachol studies, below is a more modern one on the enzyme which degrades it:

Fonseca-Sánchez, M. "Breast cancer proteomics reveals a positive correlation between glyoxalase 1 expression and high tumor grade." International journal of oncology (2012)

They had taken over ninety biopsy samples of tumors and had separated their proteins in 2‐dimensional electrophoresis. The first dimension of the gel is poured with a pH gradient, and works because once and anion (i.e. gluamate⁻) becomes acidified (H⁺) it loses its charge and hence will no longer migrate in response to the applied electric field. After they are separated by pH, or 'focused isoelectrically,' either the gel or the electrodes are (is) rotated with the electric field being applied 90° to the first separation. The other dimension separates based on mass, a function of the pore size of the gel:

2d.png

They looked for spots either lighter or darker, corresponding to proteins (enzymes) differentially expressed in tumors. Glyoxylase I was one of the proteins they'd found upregualted:

'Among these, 21 proteins were up-regulated and 7 were down-regulated in tumors.' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

'Results from TMA demonstrated that GLO1 is overexpressed in 79% of tumors. Interestingly, GLO1 up-regulation correlates with advanced tumor grade (p<0.05). These findings demonstrate the association of GLO1 overexpression with tumor grade and pointed out for additional studies to establish the importance of GLO1 in breast cancer.' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

'Results indicated that all the healthy specimens showed a weak staining (0-1 score) for GLO1 protein, which representing the basal levels of GLO1 expression. Interestingly, we observed that about 79% of the tumor tissues on TMA sections showed from moderate to strong intensity staining by anti-GLO1 monoclonal antibodies (Fig. 3 and Table IV).' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

'Alterations in GLO1 enzyme expression and activity have been previously reported in human cancers (33-37).' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

'Although GLO1 expression has been reported in several human cancer types, its clinical relevance in breast cancer is poorly understood.' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

'These findings point out for the potential use of GLO1 as a novel marker for tumor grade with a prognostic value. Additionally, GLO1 could be used to distinguish between aggressive and less aggressive tumors.' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

'Our data suggested that GLO1 up-regulation is a common event in cancer and the potential use of GLO1 inhibitors as useful adjunct anticancer drugs deserve further validation.' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

So the authors state that this is a common finding in cancer cells, that glyoxylase I inhibitors are 'potential [...] anticancer drugs,' and that 'its clinical relevance in breast cancer is poorly understood.' It has always bothered me when they do that; instead of being straighforward and simply stating that 'they do not understand it,' they make themselves look better by claiming that 'nobody can understand it.' I disagree, I think Paul Thronalley fully understands what's going on; methylglyoxal and cancer had been studied for over 50 years. This was big in the '70s, before the realization that despite its efficacy it was hopelessly unprofitable. Inhibitors of glyoxylase I have also been studied in detail: quantum chemical electron densities of the enzyme had been calculated, new synthetic inhibitors developed, and scores of natural molecules tested. Of the entire natural molecule group, the ones which standout the most are: β-lapachone, lapachol, and hinokitiol. There are a few polyphenols which are effective, but they don't distribute in the body as well as these smaller ones—being bound to serum proteins and excreted relatively quickly in the kidneys. If these three, β-lapachone has the most modern data:

Li, Chiang. "Potent inhibition of tumor survival in vivo by β-lapachone plus taxol: Combining drugs imposes different artificial checkpoints." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1999)

It worked better than taxol, perhaps the only all‐natural drug used in modern profit‐based oncology. Taxol works by hyper‐stabilizing microtubles preventing cell mitosis, and is profitable despite its natural prevalence due to its very low concentrations found in certain trees protected by a National Park. The concentrations which were effective had been quite small, with only 4‧μM inhibiting proliferation; this is comparable to its IC₅₀ in binding glyoxylase I. Methylgloxal most likely either works by inhibiting glutathione (Thornally), forming a Schiff base with polyamines, decreasing glycolysis by covalently modifying the NADH binding sites of glycolytic enzymes, or all three.

cancer.png

But according to Fonseca-Sánchez, not all tumors are driven primarily by low methylgloxal levels.

'In contrast, lung cancer A549 and Calu1, cervical cancer SiHa and colon cancer SW480 cells exhibited low GLO1 expression levels. These data indicate that GLO1 overexpression is not confined for breast tumors and suggested that GLO1 aberrant expression is frequent in some human cancers.' ―Fonseca-Sánchez

Which takes us to the one enzyme which is even more frequently found upregualted: ornithine decarboxylase. If methyglyoxal is cancerostatic and works primarily by disabling polyamines, then you'd expect the enzyme that creates polyamines to be a major factor. This is indeed the case, and increased ornithine decarboxylase seems to be an obligatory event in rats fed an average diet:

But obviously, even with the same level of ornithine decarboxylase in the body you could get more polyamines simply by eating more methionine. This is probably why eating too much beef is associated with higher coon cancer rates despite having negligible ω−6 fatty acids.

Brain lipids reflect diet to a degree despite the fact that DHA is very much preferred. It's not uncommon to find arachidonic acid in the brain of people consuming ω−6 fatty acids. Knowing how prostaglandin E₂ increases ornithine decarboxylase, and hence polyamines, in some organs is good reason to avoid them. Cancer cells are characterized by their increased proliferation, eventually exceeding available space. For a cell to proliferate it needs to transcribe DNA at a higher rate, something polyamines have been shown to do. As early as the '60s, they've been known to have a peculiar affinity for DNA. It is now known that polyamines: bind to CpG islands, or housekeeping genes, and lower the energy required to uncoil them; induce the left‐handed Z‐DNA conformation is said genes; and they have even been demonstrated to increase replication velocity during PCR runs.

Last edited:

CLASH

@Travis
You sure its the polyamines/ methionine content of red meat that leads to colon cancer? Other forms of protein such as chicken, fish and dairy also have a high amount of methionine. Could it perhaps be related to the iron content of the red meat?

Also, do you have any info on a “godilocks range” for methionine intake in regards to polyamine levels and the subsequent development of cancer? This is purely anecdotal but many vegans I have experienced wether in person or through research/reading/youtube, specifically fruitarians that focus on leaves, fruit and coconut (I dont mean that this group in particular ages any faster than other vegan group, I mean that this group also ages more rapidly in my experience than people eating some type of meat. The grain eating vegans usually dont look good at all in my experience), age very rapidly atleast in appearance. They also have poor muscle tone. I assume its due to the lower protein in the diet. I do not mean to offend, just interested of your perspective. Thanks for your time.

lampofred

Very hesitant to suggest anything confidently with regard to such serious issues as brain tumors, but I would guess that Peat would recommend very high doses of progesterone along with constant, low/moderate doses of niacinamide and aspirin to restrain lipolysis, and to avoid as much PUFA as possible. Lots of red light and CO2/high altitude to lower stress as well. Caffeine is also brain protective but it'd probably be better to focus on reducing stress than on increasing energy production too soon which may just cause additional stress.

Probably better to ask Peat himself though in extremely serious issues like these.

Travis

@Travis
You sure its the polyamines/ methionine content of red meat that leads to colon cancer? Other forms of protein such as chicken, fish and dairy also have a high amount of methionine. Could it perhaps be related to the iron content of the red meat?

Also, do you have any info on a “godilocks range” for methionine intake in regards to polyamine levels and the subsequent development of cancer? This is purely anecdotal but many vegans I have experienced wether in person or through research/reading/youtube, specifically fruitarians that focus on leaves, fruit and coconut (I dont mean that this group in particular ages any faster than other vegan group, I mean that this group also ages more rapidly in my experience than people eating some type of meat. The grain eating vegans usually dont look good at all in my experience), age very rapidly atleast in appearance. They also have poor muscle tone. I assume its due to the lower protein in the diet. I do not mean to offend, just interested of your perspective. Thanks for your time.
People who eat grains often have less tryptophan in their bodies because of the induction of tryptophan diooxygenase, and millions of non‐vegans eat grains; cortisol is also a huge factor in size. When I went to high school, there were scores of scrawny people and I am willing to bet that none of them were vegan.
I do not mean to offend, just interested of your perspective. Thanks for your time.
I find that most people who eat meat are kinda chubby. I don't mean to offend, but it's true. Sometimes chubby people like to act like they're strong, or that 'it's muscle,' but it's very often mostly just fat. You never can make a valid comparison between two people with the same amount of body fat, and nobody should be comparing endurance athletes to bodybuilders.

I also notice that many people who eat dairy have acne.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

I find that most people who eat meat are kinda chubby. I don't mean to offend, but it's true. Sometimes chubby people like to act like they're strong, or that 'it's muscle,' but it's very often mostly just fat. You never can make a valid comparison between two people with the same amount of body fat, and nobody should be comparing endurance athletes to bodybuilders.

I also notice that many people who eat dairy have acne and are slow‐witted.

So, people that eat any form of animal protein are either fat or stupid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals