I did a social experiment over the past year.

PxD

What i'm saying is, I don't get abused if I don't focus on it. I said, that when an employee bothered me about not having a mask, I ignored them. I continued with my shopping and used the self checkout and went on my way. I think if I had started arguing with them I would have drawn a lot of attention and I wouldn't have been able to go home with my ice cream.

And please don't say I'm giving implicit consent. I don't need to say yes, or no, because I'm not even involved. My findings are that I am only treated unfairly if I willingly accept that I am to be treated that way. In my experience I don't even engage it and then I can live having mostly nothing to do with it.

My experience with the bill explains it all. By acknowledging that I owed them something, conditions materialized unto which I owed them something, and I had to deal with that.

This won't work for everybody, but I've found it is what works for me.
This reminds me of that scene from “Office Space” where the Bobs inform the boss about Milton, who was laid off years ago but no one told him and due to a glitch in the payroll system he kept receiving his paycheck, and how they fixed the situation by fixing the payroll glitch. “So you explained the situation to him?” “No, we fixed the glitch! The problem will take care of itself.”

When I worked in the corporate world I adopted a personal policy of not responding to emails from people looking for help or favors on things that weren’t in my area of responsibility. It worked like magic. They first get confused, and then just take their problem elsewhere.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals