Did I Over Do It?

Peata

I've been eating an almost liquid diet for the last week. It's easy and quick and satisfying.

I was startled to look at some of my numbers from cronometer today:

Calories: 2600
Carbs: 519 g.
Sugars: 457 g.
Calcium: 2582 mg.
Phosphorus: 2125 mg.
Sodium: 6355 mg.

What sort of bad things could result? I wasn't purposely going for all these high numbers or gorging myself, it's just how it worked out when I ate (more like drank) according to appetite.

'm kinda sedentary, so the calorie amount looks pretty bad. Carb/sugar amount is higher than I've ever seen. My calcium went into the red. Sodium also the highest I've seen.

Here's some good news:

Fat: 25.6 g.
PUFA: 1.7 g.
Protein: 88.9

Almost every other nutrient has been met.

My diet today...
-coffee drinks in the a.m. I have a cup or two of hot coffee w milk, gelatin, sugar, salt, coconut oil
-coffee drinks in the p.m. made of instant coffee, 2 c. milk, sugar and salt.
-OJ with sugar, salt and seltzer water
-Coke
-fruit with more sugar and salt
-1/2 to 1 oz. of cheese

For the last week, I've eaten this way though sometimes there are meats, a little starch, etc. thrown in.

I have had to deal with some anxiety lately, but it's mostly been kept subdued. My period ended a couple days ago. It went pretty smoothly. I think my hormones are a little off since then. It's been that way the last few months, where I feel almost pre-menstrual AFTER my period. I used to be able to count on feeling better then. Instead I get a little fibrocystic breast, a few breakouts, some anxiety here and there (mostly in the form of ruminations)... Is this the way it's supposed to be because estrogen rises more during this time? I wonder if I should take some Progest-E all the time.

Sorry I got off track, but I needed to throw those questions in there.

eta that other than the things I mentioned above, which are relatively minor problems at the moment, I feel really good.

J

j.

Sounds like a good eating plan to me. But I don't see eggs. I think it's one of the best foods. I could probably live consuming mostly milk, oj, and eggs.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Definitely at least get some egg yolk in there if you can. Liver and shellfish once a week, and oysters every 7-10 days if you can. Other then that looking pretty good. You are feeling good so what you are doing is working! Keep at it!

Oh oh oh!!! You are definitely mexican coke deficient. :lol: Just kiddin with ya. ;)

OP
Peata

Peata

Oh, I forgot that once per week I have liver and shellfish.

Eggs make me feel kinda sick most times I eat them. Though once in a while I want them and do fine with them.

Don't you guys think some of those nutrients are too high? Too much calcium?

J

j.

Peata said:
No, that's expected. Peat drank a gallon of milk for 3 years. Figure out how much calcium it has. Your intake has the right ratio with phosphorus.

You should worry about calcium calcifying your soft tissues if you don't consume vitamin K2. Sources of K2 are organs such as pancreas and tongue. Since I don't consume those, I take a 1 mg drop of thorne K2 per day.

messtafarian

Oh, no, don't worry about it, you just ate a lot today. I bet over the next week or so you'll eat a little less and your natural appetite will compensate for any possible imbalance if there really is one.

I was wondering the same thing about progesterone. I think I need it all the time but I had to stop at least for a week because I was just getting too uncomfortable. Maybe what all the carbs are about is a kind of natural urge to compensate for the extra estrogen. Maybe if you don't want more progesterone, then carrot, aspirin, etc.

juanitacarlos

Those cronometer nutrient settings are pretty arbitrary really. I'm not sure what they are based on. They could be completely valid or completely useless. So I would probably do some research on what level for each nutrient you require and then set your own daily values.

bradley

I would personally eat more fresh fruit rather than coke and refined sugar in your drinks. That way you are getting more vitamins and minerals and a host of other little benefits from fruit. Can you source good quality ripe fruit near you now?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
^Good advice if it can be done. Fresh squeezed orange juice FTW.

Mittir

Peata said:
Oh, I forgot that once per week I have liver and shellfish.

Eggs make me feel kinda sick most times I eat them. Though once in a while I want them and do fine with them.

RP commented that egg white has defensive allergenic substances to protect the egg yolk.
You can try egg yolk only, as all the vitamins and minerals are in the yolk.
Several times RP has recommended 2 quarts of milk . That is about 2400 mg calcium.
I get over 2000 mg daily and it keeps my PTH low.

Bluebell

I don't think you overdid it at all, in fact as long as you are eating nutritious food, which you are, then all those nutrients should do you good.

I'm going up to 3300mg calcium per day (yes I love milk). :P (maybe I should be having K, after reading the comment above)

Are you having the carrot salad? Can help with anxiety & estrogen detox.

I don't know about the issues after your period, it sounds like there are a lot of things going on, and many changes. Perhaps at some point, once you've stablised on the diet/lifestyle changes, you could ask Peat why you get these post-period issues & what you could do about it.

OP
Peata

Peata

Thank you everyone for the helpful input. I guess I'll have to get used to seeing those high calories if I'm going to have this much sugar, milk, OJ... It's a holdover phobia of calories from my days on diets/woes. Otherwise, I guess I'm just not used to seeing so much nutrition fulfilled in cronometer.

I don't understand what's going on with my hormones. I do feel like Peatg is changing my body. I'll ride this out a couple more months and see what happens.

OP
Peata

Peata

Bluebell said:
I don't think you overdid it at all, in fact as long as you are eating nutritious food, which you are, then all those nutrients should do you good.

I'm going up to 3300mg calcium per day (yes I love milk). :P (maybe I should be having K, after reading the comment above)

Are you having the carrot salad? Can help with anxiety & estrogen detox.

I don't know about the issues after your period, it sounds like there are a lot of things going on, and many changes. Perhaps at some point, once you've stablised on the diet/lifestyle changes, you could ask Peat why you get these post-period issues & what you could do about it.

I was worried about my calcium, but you get even more. I get some K in my diet. So far it seems adequate for the aspirin I take.

I haven't been making the carrot salad, but I do eat a raw carrot daily.

OP
Peata

Peata

messtafarian said:
Oh, no, don't worry about it, you just ate a lot today. I bet over the next week or so you'll eat a little less and your natural appetite will compensate for any possible imbalance if there really is one.

I was wondering the same thing about progesterone. I think I need it all the time but I had to stop at least for a :2cents week because I was just getting too uncomfortable. Maybe what all the carbs are about is a kind of natural urge to compensate for the extra estrogen. Maybe if you don't want more progesterone, then carrot, aspirin, etc.

I started taking some Progest-E yesterday. Rubbing 3 drops on my gums 1 or 2 x per day. My gums were sore the last couple days and that never happens (this gum tenderness started before I started rubbing Progest-E on them yesterday). I wonder if it's due to hormones along with some other symptoms. I feel like I'm just guessing on this progesterone issue. I need to take enough to help symptoms and not convert to more estrogen. But I don't want to overdo it.

OP
Peata

Peata

I use whatever ripe fruit I can get at the store, OJ, and a little canned fruit. I do have access to homegrown seedy watermelons right now though, which is good.

I confess, lately I mostly drink canned Coke from the USA due to convenience, availability, price. I know, terrible. Aluminum, HFCS, whatever else. I get the Mexican now and then when I see it.

I tried making scrambled eggs today from yolks only, a little milk and salt. I had to gag it down. For some reason I only want eggs on rare occasion. That's the only time I can tolerate them, and only one egg, maybe two. Otherwise, I get this sensation of revulsion or of being "too full" of egg when I try to eat a bite or two -or like it's too rich to be appetizing.

4peatssake

Peata said:
I tried making scrambled eggs today from yolks only, a little milk and salt. I had to gag it down. For some reason I only want eggs on rare occasion. That's the only time I can tolerate them, and only one egg, maybe two. Otherwise, I get this sensation of revulsion or of being "too full" of egg when I try to eat a bite or two -or like it's too rich to be appetizing.
What about eggnog? You could hide the egg or just yolks in milk and sugar with some vanilla. I love the taste of a rich eggnog but I think you could mask the taste of the eggs using more milk and sugar.

Jenn has said that raw eggs in an OJ smoothie are easier to digest than cooked egg.

My favorite way to eat eggs is over easy in coconut oil with a ton of salt. I use the whole egg.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Or even the egg yolk in the coffee. Someone posted a recipe for that recently. I think it was from Marks daily apple.

aquaman

Easy thing is to track your body temps and pulse.

I'd say get more solid foods in, looks too heavily liquid based. At least a little bit of some fish, shellfish, or meat with broth each day.

messtafarian

You know, there is something RP is not saying about his diet -- at least I haven't seen it.

He must eat a ton. When I read his daily intake -- numerous versions -- what I get is, this guy really packs in the calories. He is old, he is sedentary and he is not fat. It seems his theory is that if you get your metabolism running well, your body will simply throw off what it is not using, or more to the point -- use the calories to achieve internal repair and then throw off the excess.

He seems to be doing it. I don't trust it entirely but I sure wanna believe.