How Often And By What Amount Did You Increase Your NDT Dose By?

Connor888

Increasing thyroid slow and steady is definitely the way to go as we all know.... But how slow do you go? I feel like increasing your dose if hypothyroid symptoms are still present every 2 months is too long (as per Broda Barnes) - 1 month sounds more reasonable to me but it would be nice to hear how you guys do it , thanks :smiley:

Last edited:

Jessie

I thought Broda Barnes's method was bi-monthly increases, not monthly? Wasn't it every 2 weeks you increase the dose until you reach desired effect? Admittedly I'm not sure because it's been awhile since I've even experimented with thyroid, but I think it's every two weeks.

I've been thinking about trying thyroid again, only problem is my sleep seems to be worse. Might try taking it early in the morning instead of around lunch time.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F How often does thyroid receptor resistance happened in people that dont tolerate thyroid? Ask For Help or Advice 18
J Eating Liver Makes Me Feel Cold More Often And Faster, Why? Metabolism 7
I Hypothyroid. Unable To Sweat. Body Overheats Very Often Metabolism 19
R People That Use Red Light Daily/often, Where Do You Usually Use It? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 12
noqcks Modern Science Is A Sham (more Often Than Not) Society 8
haidut Levothyroxine (T4) Monotherapy Often Ineffective For Hypothyroidism Scientific Studies 1
haidut Studies In Animals Often Use Stressful Methods That Produce Invalid Results Scientific Studies 4
haidut Simple Heating Of Tumor Often Leads To A Rapid And Complete Cure Scientific Studies 23
Alex Jaramillo Cheap Ways To Test Androgens Often Blood Work, Labs 17
paulwalkerrip Lower Back And Belly Are Always Very Warm, Hands And Feet Often Cold Ask For Help or Advice 13
Francisco How Often Should I Eat Liver To Remedy Dandruff Skin 9
SOMO How Often Do You CRAVE Meat? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 8
Kelj Reversion To Normoglycaemia Occurs More Often Than Progression To Diabetes Blood Sugar 18
L Wanting To Eat Sugar Too Often Diet 2
L How Often Do You Eat Seafood? Seafood 1
E Need Help With Feeling Good More Often Ask For Help or Advice 3
KalosKaiAgathos Zinc: Often Forgotten Mineral? Zinc 6
L Washing Your Hair - What Do You Use And How Often? Hair & Nails 8
L How Often Do You Eat Liver? Organ Meat 52
BearWithMe How Often To Eat With Digestive Issues? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Badger Type Of Sugar Often Found In Ice Cream Leads To Deadly Gut Infection Ice Cream 16
raypeatclips How Often Do You Poop? Digestion 41
A Donating Blood More Often Blood Work, Labs 6
R Don't You Get Tired Of Going To The Supermarket So Often? Miscellaneous 3
W Forum Website Down So Often! The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 0
M How Often Are You Consuming Calories? Weight 10
paka Quick Question: How Often Do You Eat Per Day? Diet 2
haidut Insight Solutions Are Correct More Often Than Analytic Solutions Scientific Studies 33
Y How Often To Take 2.5 Mcg T3 Capsules? T3 3
lindsay Oysters - How Often Can I Eat A Good Portion Of Them? Diet 10
LukeL How Often Can I Eat Oysters? Anything Wrong With Daily Consumption? Ask For Help or Advice 17
lindsay How Often Do You Shower/bathe? Ask For Help or Advice 55
H Aspirin Both Triggers And Treats An Often-Missed Disease Articles 3
J Digital Thermometers Often Read Low Thyroid and Hormones 12
B I Have No Problem Getting Erections, But Often Lose Them Mid-sex. Why And What Can I Do? Sexuality 22
mayweatherking How Often Can You Take Methylene Blue?? Methylene Blue 2
milk_lover Friendly Reminder: Be Careful Of PABA Often Inserted In B-complexes Health 6
Amazoniac How often do you experience intense dreams? Polls 8
Peata Pregnenolone - are you taking it, how much, how often, etc. Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
C How Often Should We Get Sick? Health 26
D Is there any point taking miniscule amount of T3 daily? T3 27
R Optimal amount of cardiovascular exercise per day? 30 minutes? 60 minutes? More? Ask For Help or Advice 6
RWilly Baking Powder - a surprising amount of calcium - high calcium to phosphorus ratio Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
Hgreen56 The amount of carbs/kcal decrease when you boil the milk? Dairy 1
R Safe amount of magnesium and zinc to supplement without messing up magnesium potassium and zinc copper ratio? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J Maximum amount of time to use a sunbed per week? Skin 7
B Losing Significant Amount Of Hair Hair & Nails 58
A Onions Increase The Amount Of Iron Absorbed From Grains Ask For Help or Advice 9
Hgreen56 Does The Potato Juice Have The Same Amount Of Carbohydrates As The Potato Itself? Diet 2
Lejeboca ORN 2020-05-18: Dr. Peat On "Epidemic Of Words", Testing, Amount Of Thyroid, "Brittlizing Hormone" Audio Interview Transcripts 2