"You Cannot Have Thyroid Symptoms If The Blood Tests Are Normal" - Reflections On Patient Care

"You cannot have thyroid symptoms if the blood tests are normal. Because when the blood tests are normal, it means you have enough thyroid going in your blood. So patients can imagine all sort of symptoms, and think, “Oh I feel terrible, I must increase my dosage”. Lots of rubbish."​

That's a verbatim quote from a doctor treating a hypothyroid man:
Today I start taking Armour Thyroid

I luckily never had the misfortune of visiting an endocrinologist or discussing thyroid issues with a GP, figuring it'd be pointless, based on the useless interactions I had with doctors as a young man. I wonder how detached someone has to be from basic human empathy and critical thinking (references ranges are just ranges, and have been revised) to declare a patient is just making everything up to be a nuisance instead of presenting a legitimate grievance about their own health, just based on a single blood test. I am saddened the doctor never suggested to this man suffering from hypothyroidism to take a look at his diet and to eat enough for someone who is recovering from years of insufficient nutrition to meet the demands of recovering from stress. Instead, he's put on the merry-go-round of medications.

"Unfortunately for me, doctors are the gatekeepers of all thyroid medications. I need a doctor’s permission before I can try a new medication or a different dose. This sounds reasonable at first – after all, doctor are just looking out for my best health, right? But the problem is doctors are too cautious and stingy with medication. Plus, they only care about blood test results, and not symptoms. If your blood test results betray you, then no, you can’t have a higher dose, because you must be imagining your symptoms."
I wonder, before blood tests were used, how doctors, or the historical equivalent for each culture, would have to treat patients. I would think they'd have to actually observe and respond to the patient's body and symptoms, as there is no other feedback present. If someone is still in a poor mood with visible symptoms, then there is no way around it but to address their concerns. It is almost like an abdication of humanity to see someone's entire health history through a blood lab, and respond solely and dismissively through that, when they are standing before you in pain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals