Blood Tests In The UK

zes

To be honest I don't spend a lot of money anyway so I don't mind spending a bit more to improve my health. I already got my order placed with them a few minutes ago haha but thanks for the suggestion. I will probably get blood tests done every year or 6 months or so to see how I am progressing. I'm fairly new to peating so this is a good time to see where I need improve. I will consider using the company you suggested when I plan on getting blood tests done in the future!

zes

The medichecks blood work I'm going for costs around £120. I am going in tomorrow to one of their labs to get it done. I will let you know what my experience is/was with them once everything is finalised.

trew

The medichecks blood work I'm going for costs around £120. I am going in tomorrow to one of their labs to get it done. I will let you know what my experience is/was with them once everything is finalised.

what tests are you getting done?

golder

How did everyone get on with Medichecks? I'm tempted to order their Thyroid Check UltraVit Blood Test.
Thanks!

golder

Bump on Medichecks or any other UK blood tests that people have a good experience with? Thank you!

Lizb

Bump on Medichecks or any other UK blood tests that people have a good experience with? Thank you!
I did medichecks finger prick test. I did two lots. They advised high iron and high progesterone.
So I went to the GP for a full blood test each time as the medichecks doctor advised this. However the test results were completely different. I'm not doing a finger prick test again.

golder

I did medichecks finger prick test. I did two lots. They advised high iron and high progesterone.
So I went to the GP for a full blood test each time as the medichecks doctor advised this. However the test results were completely different. I'm not doing a finger prick test again.
Very interesting to know that, thank you. I think I'll opt for there "get a nurse to take your blood" option. I'm assuming no one has also had worries via this method? Did you eventually get your high iron and high progesterone tested with additional tests via your doctor? What did you end up doing? Thanks :)

Lizb

Very interesting to know that, thank you. I think I'll opt for there "get a nurse to take your blood" option. I'm assuming no one has also had worries via this method? Did you eventually get your high iron and high progesterone tested with additional tests via your doctor? What did you end up doing? Thanks :)
Yes I think I'd use medichecks again but with nurse doing it. It turned out I had neither high iron or high progesterone. I'm working with East West Healing.

golder

Yes I think I'd use medichecks again but with nurse doing it. It turned out I had neither high iron or high progesterone. I'm working with East West Healing.
Thanks for following up. That’s amazing I’ve been looking at working with them myself but realised they are in the US. Are you getting on well with them?

I’ve used Medichecks a few times now, they are pretty good! For more extensive blood work though I just go to private clinics

FitnessMike

go with thriva with 50% discount at first order, i make new acc every month to get cheap test, blue horizont is another one i used for different tests like rt3 or minerals etc

Lizb

Thanks for following up. That’s amazing I’ve been looking at working with them myself but realised they are in the US. Are you getting on well with them?
I'm in the UK. We find a time to connect without difficulty. They live in Boise Idaho.
I like Jeanne. I'm a difficult client I think unfortunately - so many issues.....I would recommend them though. I am learning a lot.
If someone could get rid of my hot flushes I'd pay them a very large sum of money!

P

Peatness

Creating a problem where there isn't one just to gain more control over our health choices

P

Peatness

Which walk in clinics are people using for blood tests in London?

FitnessMike

I found full thyroid panel home test with rt3 for 160£, which is decent, just the rt3 is like 90£ which is cheaper than all the sites i know of.

P

Peatness

I found full thyroid panel home test with rt3 for 160£, which is decent, just the rt3 is like 90£ which is cheaper than all the sites i know of.

Edit - Thank you. It looks like there is an option to have the blood drawn on site.

Last edited by a moderator:

golder

Thanks for this, is this more detailed than the Ultimate Sports panel from medichecks:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals