Finally got some blood tests...

Dan010101

I'm in the UK (NHS) nearly 27 years old and after about 10+ years of struggling with medium to low energy / libido / erectile problems and depression anxiety starting in my teenage years on and off I finally managed to get some actual blood tests for my symptoms. I have been a fan of Ray Peat for many years and have tried to resolve issues with taking tyromix (felt on and off results) and eating as close I can to his recommended foods but I found I was not able to really keep this going as the milk would make me cold/acid reflux worse even when I warmed it up with honey.

Test taken roughly at 9am in the morning fasted.
Ref. Range
Serum Prolactin level - 337 mu/l [< 700]
Serum Ferritin level - 165 ng/ml [25-350]
Serum Vitamin B12 level - 358 ng/L [180-1000]
Serum Folate level - 9.2 ng/ml [> 4]
Haemoglobin A1c level - 39 mmol/mol

Serum Testosterone - 15nmol/L (432.63ng/dl) [8-31] [230 - 894ng/dl]
Serum TSH level - 2.4 miu/L [0.27 - 4.2]

I'm getting tired so posting pictures of the rest if possible.

1667384964725.png
1667385038932.png

OP
D

Dan010101

I am putting these here open for people to give any pointers that I can bring up with my GP who apart from the Liver enzymes believes everything is perfectly in range :)

OP
D

Dan010101

I have had an ultrasound scan and do have a fatty liver - I don't drink alcohol more than once per week at most

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm in the UK (NHS) nearly 27 years old and after about 10+ years of struggling with medium to low energy / libido / erectile problems and depression anxiety starting in my teenage years on and off I finally managed to get some actual blood tests for my symptoms. I have been a fan of Ray Peat for many years and have tried to resolve issues with taking tyromix (felt on and off results) and eating as close I can to his recommended foods but I found I was not able to really keep this going as the milk would make me cold/acid reflux worse even when I warmed it up with honey.

Test taken roughly at 9am in the morning fasted.
Ref. Range
Serum Prolactin level - 337 mu/l [< 700]
Serum Ferritin level - 165 ng/ml [25-350]
Serum Vitamin B12 level - 358 ng/L [180-1000]
Serum Folate level - 9.2 ng/ml [> 4]
Haemoglobin A1c level - 39 mmol/mol

Serum Testosterone - 15nmol/L (432.63ng/dl) [8-31] [230 - 894ng/dl]
Serum TSH level - 2.4 miu/L [0.27 - 4.2]

I'm getting tired so posting pictures of the rest if possible.

View attachment 44284View attachment 44285
Do you have digestive and gut issues?

OP
D

Dan010101

Do you have digestive and gut issues?
I have a history of some level of digestive/gut issues. When I was 4-5 years old I had severe constipation often spending an hour in the bathroom. I've always struggled on and off with constipation/haemorrhoids.

Nowadays I'm noticing issues such as acid reflux, undigested bits of food in faeces occasionally, haemorrhoids, general discomfort/sensations on the right side of my stomach (very rarely pain but it has happened after exercise which I don't feel I can do much of these days) slight white coating on tongue / bad but not severe bad breath in the morning when waking.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have a history of some level of digestive/gut issues. When I was 4-5 years old I had severe constipation often spending an hour in the bathroom. I've always struggled on and off with constipation/haemorrhoids.

Nowadays I'm noticing issues such as acid reflux, undigested bits of food in faeces occasionally, haemorrhoids, general discomfort/sensations on the right side of my stomach (very rarely pain but it has happened after exercise which I don't feel I can do much of these days) slight white coating on tongue / bad but not severe bad breath in the morning when waking.
I'd definitely start there. I'd personally start with kiwi and black cumin to reduce intestinal inflammation and speed up transit time. Digestive enzymes to improve proper digestion and absorption of nutrients. Make sure your thyroid is working well. Maybe try a slow-release T3.
Then if needed, a stool test to make sure everything is in check.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
405BE48F-AF42-45F4-9DF4-721D2451EBC9.jpeg

These enzymes work well for me. I take 3 before every meal.

OP
D

Dan010101

I'd definitely start there. I'd personally start with kiwi and black cumin to reduce intestinal inflammation and speed up transit time. Digestive enzymes to improve proper digestion and absorption of nutrients. Make sure your thyroid is working well. Maybe try a slow-release T3.
Then if needed, a stool test to make sure everything is in check.
Any idea what brand of slow release t3 ? I did try tyromix which was t3/t4 but it was quite hit and miss, maybe due to liver issues?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Any idea what brand of slow release t3 ? I did try tyromix which was t3/t4 but it was quite hit and miss, maybe due to liver issues?
A doc needs to prescribe it. Liver issues yes, but also sleep, stress, digestion, glycogen, etc.

OP
D

Dan010101

A doc needs to prescribe it. Liver issues yes, but also sleep, stress, digestion, glycogen, etc.
That's going to be hard to do in my experience unfortunately, my TSH is still within range for most GPs in the UK

OP
D

Dan010101

They have taken my liver results seriously however so that's perhaps my best avenue

Hans

Forum Supporter
They have taken my liver results seriously however so that's perhaps my best avenue
What are they going to do about it? A few good natural compounds that can help would be taurine, glycine and TUDCA.
But the liver issues are likely from gut issues. So that's still where I'd focus.

OP
D

Dan010101

What are they going to do about it? A few good natural compounds that can help would be taurine, glycine and TUDCA.
But the liver issues are likely from gut issues. So that's still where I'd focus.
Test me again for liver enzymes in 3 years... In the meantime my GP told me to focus on diet and walking.

I've ordered Taurine + TUDCA for time being as they both show a lot of promise.

Lemminkäinen

That's choline deficiency imho, just have three egg yolks a day and liver once a week within an otherwise lowish fat diet. That should solve your problems in a couple of weeks.

OP
D

Dan010101

That's choline deficiency imho, just have three egg yolks a day and liver once a week within an otherwise lowish fat diet. That should solve your problems in a couple of weeks.
Will add some eggs back in for sure, can't hurt.

danks010101

TUDCA + Taurine arrived so I've started on those for the past 2 days

500mg TUDCA from doublewood
1000mg Taurine from some bulk seller

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals