How Do You Take Your Temp?

montmorency

Charlie said:
:wave:

No but I wish I had one. I use the Geratherm mercury free one. If I can get my hands on a mercury one I will definitely use it.

It seems that we can no longer legally buy mercury ones in the EU nowadays. At least normal members of the public. I don't know if health professionals can still get them.

So I also have a Geratherm. (I had two, but broke one! Lucky I had a spare :) ).
I don't know how accurate they are, compared to mercury.

I measure orally. I haven't considered the other two methods, especially the last one! :)

4peatssake

montmorency said:
Charlie said:

No but I wish I had one. I use the Geratherm mercury free one. If I can get my hands on a mercury one I will definitely use it.

It seems that we can no longer legally buy mercury ones in the EU nowadays. At least normal members of the public. I don't know if health professionals can still get them.

So I also have a Geratherm. (I had two, but broke one! Lucky I had a spare :) ).

I measure orally. I haven't considered the other two methods, especially the last one! :)
You can order the mercury ones online here, several different types - even "the last one." :P

Mercury Thermeters

The price for one is steep but a steal if you get 5! :roll:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
4peatssake said:
montmorency said:
Charlie said:

You can order the mercury ones online here, several different types - even "the last one." :P

Mercury Thermeters

That's nuts. Maybe if someone writes them from here and maybe works out a deal that if we drop the name Ray Peat forum we can get the discounted price? Only thing is they are from India so the shipping might be pretty high.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
That's nuts. Maybe if someone writes them from here and maybe works out a deal that if we drop the name Ray Peat forum we can get the discounted price? Only thing is they are from India so the shipping might be pretty high.
They advertise free shipping, mention having FDA registrations and accept PayPal on their FAQ page so may be OK.
Weird pricing for sure though. Guess they want people buying in bulk.
It's almost worth it to get 5 for $36 than one for $21.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
4peatssake said:
It's almost worth it to get 5 for $36 than one for $21.

Yeh I would definitely buy the 5 if I could.

montmorency

4peatssake said:
[

Mercury Thermeters

Thanks for that. It's possible that there may be some block on shipping to the EU, but worth a try.

Some info on mercury in the EU:

http://www.hcwh.org/europe/issues/toxin ... y/laws.php

To be fair, it is not unreasonable to try to stop mercury getting into the waste cycle.

I do wonder though, if they have checked to make sure the alternatives are any safer.

Bluebell

I tried ordering one before, from another company, it did come but but was a very low quality one from China. Plus it had an air bubble in it which was impossible to shake out.

I've decided I'm happy with my digital one now, it seems to be accurate as far as I can tell.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals