Morning underarm vs under the tongue

G1986

Forum Supporter
Hi Guys, I know there are some thread here about taking temps, but I'm still a bit confused.

example, in the am my under arm temp taken with Gerathem mercury free thermometer, is 97.4, but if I try under the tongue it goes up about .4 degree more, when in the afternoon both methods show a similar temperature, maybe .2 degree difference with underarm actually being higher.

According to stop the thyroid madness, If using the underarm Broda Barnes method in the am, we should add .5 degree, yet in the article it is mentioned if using oral and want to compare to BB method in the am before getting out of bed to subtract .5 as well. Here the article Take your temp! - Stop The Thyroid Madness

Many people say under the tongue is the way to go, but Broda Barnes did it underarm in the am. Should I find myself a Mercury thermometer or the Gerathem is fine?

Should I take my am temp the Broda Barnes way, and then in the afternoon using under the tongue or still the armpit? my underarm temp in the PM is 98,8 vs 98.6 under the tongue

Do you guys check both temps, in the am and after lunch as well?

thanks

Last edited:

Sherbert

not sure about the location but think if you pick one and always use that, at least the changes (rises and falls) will be measured by the same yardstick.
as far as times, i think ray would say to take your temp (and pulse) first thing in the morning as soon as you get up before you get out of bed, and then a second time about half an hour or an hour after breakfast.
the point is to see if, after eating and digesting somewhat, whether or not your temp goes up as it ideally should. if temps are already high when you wake up that could be a sign that your body is running on stress hormones while you slept, which is not such a good thing. ergo, over time, trying to find the right dose of thyroid to remedy things.
hope other people answer soon so your questions are all answered more comprehensively.

OP
G1986

G1986

Forum Supporter
not sure about the location but think if you pick one and always use that, at least the changes (rises and falls) will be measured by the same yardstick.
as far as times, i think ray would say to take your temp (and pulse) first thing in the morning as soon as you get up before you get out of bed, and then a second time about half an hour or an hour after breakfast.
the point is to see if, after eating and digesting somewhat, whether or not your temp goes up as it ideally should. if temps are already high when you wake up that could be a sign that your body is running on stress hormones while you slept, which is not such a good thing. ergo, over time, trying to find the right dose of thyroid to remedy things.
hope other people answer soon so your questions are all answered more comprehensively.
thank you, that makes sense.

Sherbert

You’re welcome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals