How do you regulate blood sugar?

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

exposure to sunlight doesn't make a difference in the world if you have a cellular malfunction. the first and most powerful avenue into restoring cellular function is food. (peat says this) sunlight, in that context, is ancillary. as far as how i implement this practically into my life: i keep the focus on regulating blood sugar (which is a fancy way of saying to meet the demands of your body with food) and i also get sunlight. In this *process* i am aware that the sunlight i get may not be making much difference all the time as cellular function improves, but at some point the two begin to work together. and at some point, the sunlight is beneficial altogether. but the largest contributor to the sunlight being beneficial is by the restoration of cellular function. because if everything else in your body is out of whack what good does vitamin D give you? if the cells are so unstable that they can't absorb, transport, use the D then what good does focusing on sunlight give you? absence of sunlight is stressful, but the presence of sunlight is not the primary healer.
That should clear up the confusion. If it doesn't, then the confusion is based on an inability to part from your beliefs which don't line up with what i have shared.

Giraffe

In the absence of adequate nutrition sunlight will not suffice to maintain or restore health; I agree on that.

Nicholas said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96562/ That should clear up the confusion. If it doesn't, then the confusion is based on an inability to part from your beliefs which don't line up with what i have shared.
What?!

Last edited by a moderator:

HDD

Ray Peat said:
“When I moved from Mexico, first to Montana and then to Oregon in 1966, I became very conscious of how light affects the hormones and the health. (For example, in Montana I experienced an interesting springtime shedding of body hair.) Many people who came to cloudy Eugene to study, and who often lived in cheap basement apartments, would develop chronic health problems within a few months. Women who had been healthy when they arrived would often develop premenstrual syndrome or arthritis or colitis during their first winter in Eugene.

The absence of bright light would create a progesterone deficiency, and would leave estrogen and prolactin unopposed. Beginning in 1966, I started calling the syndrome “winter sickness,” but over the next few years, because of the prominence of the premenstrual syndrome and fertility problems in these seasonally exacerbated disorders, I began calling it the pathology of estrogen dominance. In the endocrinology classes I taught at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, I emphasized the importance of light, and suggested that medicine could be reorganized around these estrogen-related processes” -Ray Peat, PhD

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:1
SOj6hZU.gif

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

HDD said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96580/
Ray Peat said:
“When I moved from Mexico, first to Montana and then to Oregon in 1966, I became very conscious of how light affects the hormones and the health. (For example, in Montana I experienced an interesting springtime shedding of body hair.) Many people who came to cloudy Eugene to study, and who often lived in cheap basement apartments, would develop chronic health problems within a few months. Women who had been healthy when they arrived would often develop premenstrual syndrome or arthritis or colitis during their first winter in Eugene.

The absence of bright light would create a progesterone deficiency, and would leave estrogen and prolactin unopposed. Beginning in 1966, I started calling the syndrome “winter sickness,” but over the next few years, because of the prominence of the premenstrual syndrome and fertility problems in these seasonally exacerbated disorders, I began calling it the pathology of estrogen dominance. In the endocrinology classes I taught at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, I emphasized the importance of light, and suggested that medicine could be reorganized around these estrogen-related processes” -Ray Peat, PhD

humans intuitively understood this long before we had a name for these things. there is "nothing new under the sun." think of all the people who live in sunny parts of the u.s. and have vitamin D "deficiencies" and other health problems. the fact that vitamin D "deficiency" is a problem in Florida does not disprove that the sun is a healing energy source, either. I do appreciate though bringing in progesterone, estrogen, and prolactin into the discussion. light is something we crave without actually knowing exactly what it's altering in our bodies. kind of like not finishing one's plate of food, we also know when we've spent too much time in the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals