How do you regulate blood sugar?

Nicholas

I ask this question because it's a central question that everyone must answer at one point or another here. And do you think regulating blood sugar is important? If you have never really answered this question for yourself (or even asked it), then perhaps now is the time. It's the most important question you will ask and answer when it comes to the healing process.

By keeping your fat intake low. Having too much fat circulating in the bloodstream clogs up the system and makes it hard for you to use sugar efficiently.

Overt PUFA - Keep low. No need to eat overt PUFA when you can use refined, tasteless coconut oil if you don't like the taste of virgin, or if virgin is allergenic.

Overt MUFA (olive, avocado, macadamia nut) - Keep low due to accompanied PUFA and simply fat calories.

Overt SAFA (cream, any milk/yogurt above skim, cheese, cacao, ruminant meat fat) - Protective/anti-stress and the body safely burns it at rest, mainly the heart muscle and other muscles at rest. It's what the majority of our adipose tissue should be made up of because we're warm-blooded animals. We convert dietary carbohydrate into butyric acid, a SAFA, in our gut. Overt SAFA can be used in context but it's over-consumption in a short amount of time can lead to fat gain and problems with FFA's and the Randle cycle. The only exceptional SAFA would be coconut fat due to it's special instant liver energy properties and metabolism.

Don't get too fat, become vitamin D replete, get adequate nutrition, sunlight/red light to activate cytochrome oxidase, sleep, maintenance of lean tissue, sexual satisfaction, develop at least a small level of fitness for mitochondrial efficiency, ensure thyroid health and function, keep life stress low and the ability to store glycogen in the muscles and liver will make for a constant, steady supply of sugar, thus, balanced blood sugar.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

ok, thank you for answering. more questions:

"By keeping your fat intake low." So if we go by this answer alone, you are saying i can eat 200g of protein a meal? Are you saying i could keep fat intake low by not eating at all? (not likely you're saying this)

"Don't get too fat, become vitamin D replete, get adequate nutrition, sleep, maintenance of lean tissue, sexual satisfaction, keep life stress low"

maybe think of it this way: not getting too fat is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Having optimal levels of vitamin D is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Having good sleep and sexual satisfaction is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Maintaing lean tissue is RESULT of regulating blood sugar. And all forms of stress are certainly lowered as the RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Absorbing nutrients and using them efficiently is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar.

thus, without knowing your stance fully, all i can conclude is that your opinion of how we store glycogen in the muscles and liver well (i.e. a RESULT of regulating blood sugar) is based on keeping fat low.

Nicholas said:
maybe think of it this way: not getting too fat is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Having optimal levels of vitamin D is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Having good sleep and sexual satisfaction is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Maintaing lean tissue is RESULT of regulating blood sugar. And all forms of stress are certainly lowered as the RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Absorbing nutrients and using them efficiently is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar.

http://imgur.com/gallery/99pHSGm

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice imgur integration. :ugeek:

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

goodbye "intelligent" and "civil" forum. i'm tired of being attacked for wanting to have a real discussion. Three times in one week that i am labeled a dogmatist/authoritarian right after i've pointed out very gently a flaw in what someone has written. i stand happy to be corrected, but i've realized nobody can.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nicholas, the ones screaming authority usually have a big log in their eye. :2cents

Suikerbuik

I think it's the way you write, but nvm! We better go on-topic. Actually I think this is a very important question, Nicholas. However, you got to have a context to address this issue, otherwise its gonna be an immense and still very incomplete answer.

Major organs possibly involved: liver, pancreas, fat tissue, brain and (in-)directly the intestinal function. Stress, malnutrition, inflammation and blood sugar regulation is reciprocal, though written in seperate words none can be seen apart. Dysfunction shows up in as disregulated blood sugar, but in it itself causes major issues too.

Free fatty acids, among other effects regulate: insulin sensitivty, activity of the pyruvate dehydrogenase, serotonin, liberation of tryptophan from albumin, prolactin, ACTH, estrogen metabolism. All vicious circles.
Haidut has written a ton but blood sugar regulation. You may look at his articles. I know it's not practically feasible, hence there was an idea of setting up a Peat wiki..

Generally Westside summed it up well, only important thing I miss is: aspirin. And we can discuss about how to achieve certain aspects..

pboy

Westside PUFAs said:
Nicholas said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/99pHSGm

why did that one girl like step back and grab her heart...they clearly were calm!

I'm not a fan of domestic animals, but that's pretty ballsy what that guy did. He has to show full confidence to make sure they know he's the leader or even a second of losing control it might be a disaster. It looks like though they are well trained and experienced and just pretty friendly...but he probably did do some harsh things to train them which is what I don't like. To me that seems like just a handful and burden...like whats the point?

Nicholas said:
goodbye "intelligent" and "civil" forum. i'm tired of being attacked for wanting to have a real discussion. Three times in one week that i am labeled a dogmatist/authoritarian right after i've pointed out very gently a flaw in what someone has written. i stand happy to be corrected, but i've realized nobody can.

Relax.

I don't think you're authoritarian at all. We just see the world very differently. It's like how Christopher Hitchens saw the world completley different from his blood brother, Peter Hitchens:
2ew329f.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPovB3AQjo

Giraffe

pboy said:
you politely ask it to balance itself
:yeahthat

Nicholas said:
maybe think of it this way: not getting too fat is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar. Having optimal levels of vitamin D is a RESULT of regulating blood sugar.
Isn't having optimal levels of vitamin D a result of adequate sun exposure?

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Last edited by a moderator:

Giraffe

Interesting article. Thanks for the link, Nicholas.

Westside PUFAs recommended to become vitamin D replete. 25 (OH)D seems to be the marker for vitamin D status. The article you linked discusses 1,25-D levels in diseases.

Blood biomarkers of vitamin D status.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18400739

On the other hand, serum 25(OH)D provides the single best assessment of vitamin D status and thus should be the only vitamin D assay typically performed.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

i linked that article to show that Vitamin D is a breakdown in the body not a "deficiency" or not getting enough sunlight always. the article actually states that 25 (OH) D is not a reliable marker. it asserts what i'm asserting that everything comes down to the cellular function/dysfunction. i.e. regulating blood sugar increases cellular function which is more proactive to raising vitamin D levels than is getting enough sunlight.

Giraffe

Nicholas, what you write confuses me. Do you deny that exposure to sunlight is essential to maintain health?
And do you deny that vitamin D3 is produced by the action of sunlight on skin?

jyb

Giraffe said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96556/ Nicholas, what you write confuses me. Do you deny that exposure to sunlight is essential to maintain health?
And do you deny that vitamin D3 is produced by the action of sunlight on skin?

Not really if you think that the root cause of abnormally low D3 is some inflammation - either wasting D3 or preventing it from being produced much in sunlight. I've seen this discussed in some articles in the past so I think I know where Nicholas is coming from. By the way, food like some animal livers seems to be another way to get D3.

Last edited by a moderator:

YuraCZ

pboy said:
why did that one girl like step back and grab her heart...they clearly were calm!

I'm not a fan of domestic animals, but that's pretty ballsy what that guy did. He has to show full confidence to make sure they know he's the leader or even a second of losing control it might be a disaster. It looks like though they are well trained and experienced and just pretty friendly...but he probably did do some harsh things to train them which is what I don't like. To me that seems like just a handful and burden...like whats the point?
You have no idea what you talking about.. :roll:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals