The Functional Relationship

G

Gray Ling

This thread is about food, trust me.
I've been thinking about this ever since I got here so I'd like to get a question across to all the readers of it.
The question concerns your own relationship to the food you eat.

Question:
Is your relationship to food a functional relationship?

And so the question within this implies - Is this relationship the determining factor to your health and wellbeing? (btw I believe this is the ethos of the age our supermarkets find themselves in). They are catching up to their deficiencies/sins but demand must drive it.)

This deceptively simple question covers 3 very important factors:

a) the external structure(the super structure/background) with it's rules/laws/limitations that informs the standards of its creation.
b) the nature of the chosen food and it's resulting body (because food is a living organism)
c) the state you're in (or the 'state of the union' so to speak) because of the entire impact of this 'daily bread' which you receive/eat.

Of course like our parents we take it for granted that its possible to change our table manners immediately. But I'm talking about a question that is ultimately way more important than manners like keeping your shoes and elbows off the dinner table.

As my one time 'shadow mentor' put it "It's in my book 'The Four Legs of the Table'. Read it."
I think he implied that there is a relationship to the dinner table, or the nutritional table and maybe even nature and all the rest of it. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit but he is an old man so maybe he'll understand why I'm putting it this way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final thoughts

Is your relationship to food a functional relationship?
What does this mean for me if I struggle to answer this question? I think I should be able to answer it under any situation whether I'm on my last 5 dollars (or 70 rands), or even if I'm feeling ill and need a special food to help me. Will that Ginger stick out it's hand towards me and wave a warm hearty 'Hello from the other side'? Will I know what to do with all of the food in the store? You know, whether I should forget about it completely or put it in my basket and take it home? These are the things I think about when I'm out shopping for my 'daily bread'. :crystalball:

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals