Lowering Blood Sugar

Jing

So how do you lower blood sugar? I haven't tested my blood sugar but I'm sure it's high which could explain my frequent urination and tingling legs and brain fog, another reason I suspect high blood sugar things that should lower it dont seem to do much for me , benfothiamine, niacinamide they don't give me the low blood sugar feeling everyone talks about.. so what are some ways to lower blood sugar?

OP
J

Jing

First and foremost, do the blood tests.
I have had a few blood tests before when fasting and my blood sugar has been fine but I think it's when I have something with sugar when I get the problems.. I would have to buy a blood sugar monitor to know for sure but shouldn't benfothiamine and niacinamide give me low blood sugar levels anyway? Unless my blood sugar is high?

Zigzag

It might be something else you're feeling. Get a glucose meter, it's cheap.

Hans

Forum Supporter
So how do you lower blood sugar? I haven't tested my blood sugar but I'm sure it's high which could explain my frequent urination and tingling legs and brain fog, another reason I suspect high blood sugar things that should lower it dont seem to do much for me , benfothiamine, niacinamide they don't give me the low blood sugar feeling everyone talks about.. so what are some ways to lower blood sugar?
So you get the tingling immediately after having something with sugar or is it about 30min later?
If it's after, it could be high cortisol that needs to pick blood sugar up again. If I add sugar to anything, it makes me hungry shortly after. It has never been good for satiety and if anything, it messes up my satiety. Smoothies, whole fruits and to a slightly lesser extent fresh fruit juice, don't do the same thing though. Maybe it would be a good idea to cut out the sugar and rather stick to whole natural foods instead. Lots of fruits.
Frequent urination, tingling legs and brain fog could be due to a host of other things as well. It could be a deficiency in B-vitamins or copper or an excess of serotonin & low CO2.

OP
J

Jing

So you get the tingling immediately after having something with sugar or is it about 30min later?
I would say it's abit after but I don't always have to have something with sugar to feel this tingling ..
Smoothies, whole fruits and to a slightly lesser extent fresh fruit juice,
Most of my sugar comes from orange juice and apples and grapes .

OP
J

Jing

It could be a deficiency in B-vitamins or copper or an excess of serotonin & low CO2.
Don't think it's b vitamins as I take b complex and take benfothiamine and extra B2 , what would be some other signs of low copper? I have copper supplements but I can't say I notice anything from them , high serotonin could be a possibility so could low co2

berk

A person may feel numbness/tingling feelings in their legs and feet due to sitting in a position that puts too much pressure on the nerves thats reduces blood flow.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would say it's abit after but I don't always have to have something with sugar to feel this tingling ..

Most of my sugar comes from orange juice and apples and grapes .
Do you feel the tingling chronically or only when you do certain things?

OP
J

Jing

Do you feel the tingling chronically or only when you do certain things?
Most of the time it just comes on randomly tbh I have a sort of achey feeling aswell with it.

berk

I have had a few blood tests before when fasting and my blood sugar has been fine but I think it's when I have something with sugar when I get the problems.. I would have to buy a blood sugar monitor to know for sure but shouldn't benfothiamine and niacinamide give me low blood sugar levels anyway? Unless my blood sugar is high?
Wow i notice the same thing now.
A month ago a cut out all the starch food and replace them with fruit and fruit juice.
(amount of total carbs and kcal stayed the same)
This time i had also tingling legs but i thought that i was sitting in a weird position that puts too much pressure on the nerves thats reduces blood flow.
After 2 weeks, i stopt because i got weaker, more tired, trouble with filling muscle glycogen, and notice depression and insomnia got worse and was gaining a little fat around the waist.
(all hypothyroid symtoms)
Anyways i replaced all the fruit and fruit juice with white rice and this solved all my problems.
and now i am thinking about it, the tingling legs where also gone.
Yesterday i started for a second experiment with only fruit and fruit juice and today (day 2) i notice i have tingling legs again.

So interesting... but i dont think this is a blood sugar problem.
Fruit and fruit juice have a lower gi index than white rice do.
For me, if i start eating white rice (with other words, replacing fruit sugar for starch) problems stops.
When i do get a bloodsugar crash from high gi starch foods, than i never notice tingling legs.
I think its high fructose intake thats cause troubles because i dont see what else can cause this problem.

Last edited:

jet9

Wow i notice the same thing now.
A month ago a cut out all the starch food and replace them with fruit and fruit juice.
(amount of total carbs and kcal stayed the same)
This time i had also tingling legs but i thought that i was sitting in a weird position that puts too much pressure on the nerves thats reduces blood flow.
After 2 weeks, i stopt because i got weaker, more tired, trouble with filling muscle glycogen, and notice depression and insomnia got worse and was gaining a little fat around the waist.
(all hypothyroid symtoms)
Anyways i replaced all the fruit and fruit juice with white rice and this solved all my problems.
and now i am thinking about it, the tingling legs where also gone.
Yesterday i started for a second experiment with only fruit and fruit juice and today (day 2) i notice i have tingling legs again.

So interesting... but i dont think this is a blood sugar problem.
Fruit and fruit juice have a lower gi index than white rice do.
For me, if i start eating white rice (with other words, replacing fruit sugar for starch) problems stops.
When i do get a bloodsugar crash from high gi starch foods, than i never notice tingling legs.
I think its high fructose intake thats cause troubles because i dont see what else can cause this problem.
So you are eating mostly rice for your carbs?
How does energy/mood compares on fruit vs rice?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals