Can You Point Me In The Right Direction?

dao123

Did you see the original post? There is a human equivalent dose there.
I am sorry, but "how to fix my hypothyroidism" is not something I can answer in single post. There are lot of sections and threads that you can read here. I suggest you start with the "Diet" section on the forum. Also, there are a few primers people have put together. I think forum member @charlie can point you in the right direction. There is quite a bit to read but I think the goal is to have you understand what these things intend to accomplish and why instead of blindly relying on somebody's advice. That's what doctors are for.

I'll ask Charlie about a few primers. I just don't really have time for all this ***t. It's not a question of "blindly relying on somebody's advice," but rather of having real responsibilities. Someone ought to put together a more straight forward way to get started etc.. We don't all have hours free a day to spend reading online.

Last edited by a moderator:

DankMemes

I'll ask Charlie about a few primers. I just don't really have time for all this ***t. It's not a question of "blindly relying on somebody's advice," but rather of having real responsibilities. Someone ought to put together a more straight forward way to get started etc.. We don't all have hours free a day to spend reading online.

If you think there is a step by step guide that will cure hypothyroidism, you're wrong. If you think fixing your hypothyroidism isn't worth spending hours of learning why you have hypothyroidism and how to fix it, then how can you expect Haidut to help you? Not to mention a thread about aspirin isn't the place to ask.

If you really don't have time to sift through all the information on this forum like everyone else, then you might have to fork out some money for a consultation with a Ray Peat inspired nutritionist/health blogger like Danny Roddy or Kate Deering.

Most of us here are still figuring out how to fix our own metabolism/hypothyroidism. If you want to PM I'm happy to help, but the best place to get started is the stickies in diet and supplement.

The good news for aspirin keep piling up. This study showed that a relatively low dose of aspirin reduced cholesterol and triglycerides better than a statin drug (simvastatin, Zocor), and also unlike the statin aspirin also increased HDL

Haidut, you've mentioned before in a Roddy podcast that HDL is actually the "bad" cholesterol and that LDL is good because it converts to steroids. So is aspirins HDL raising quality bad? Or is it just a case of aspirin normalising cholesterol in patients where HDL is too low?

Basically, would aspirin raise HDL in healthy people?

OP
D

dao123

First of all my questions were initially about cholesterol and aspirin. Also, don't be insulting read back a bit more. It's not that I don't think it is worth my time... You should feel like a jerk. I was pretty open about my life. Also, a bit of structure and coherence on an issue central to Peat's ideas shouldn't be too much to ask. It shouldn't be so hard to make reference to such a thing. And Haidut did point to a primer, to his credit. But yes, not everyone has hours to spend every night surfing through message boards to try and figure all of this out. If I had the time, I would do so gladly.

Last edited:

What-a-Riot

Chill dao, someone like haidut and other people here for that matter have spent hours researching, putting what they've learned together, and sharing their experiences. Humility and patience are valued around here, and imo you're coming off a bit petulant

OP
D

dao123

Chill dao, someone like haidut and other people here for that matter have spent hours researching, putting what they've learned together, and sharing their experiences. Humility and patience are valued around here, and imo you're coming off a bit petulant

No I was frustrated at the time, worried about some rather potential serious health problems, and didn't appreciate the implication by dank memes that I did not think learning about my health was worth my time.

Lightbringer

No I was frustrated at the time, worried about some rather potential serious health problems, and didn't appreciate the implication by dank memes that I did not think learning about my health was worth my time.
If you have the money, then perhaps you could work with one of the many Peat practitioners without you having to figure it out by yourself.

OP
D

dao123

Although, I must admit, reading back, my response to Haidut, was also a rather charged. Apologies.

whodathunkit

Deleted by author. Not worth the bandwidth to reply to this thread. Sorry for inconvenience.

whodathunkit

I don't understand...
Okay, I've climbed down out of the belltower a little bit, so I'll 'splain since you seem to be a little tone-deaf.

Your original post comes across as arrogant, demanding, and entitlement-minded. You imply that contemptible "dank memes" :?: :?: on this forum don't have any "real responsibilities" therefore SOMEONE here is supposed to spend their time researching and writing a [oxymoron alert!] comprehensive, concise, easy-to-use primer for fixing yourself a la Peat philosophy...all so that you can spend your precious time on your avowed "real responsibilities" that you assume no one but you has.

Not a 'tude that inspires the goodwill necessary to get people to help you, brah.

Fixing your health is typically difficult, time-consuming, and expensive. It's very difficult because everybody is so different, not everything works the same for everyone. But fixing your health can be very, very rewarding if you are willing to spend the time and effort to do it. It's not yet clear that you are. By extension, then, it's unclear if you're worth taking the time to help at this point. Maybe later, if you stick around.

My suggestion in my deleted post was that you go to your mom or your Meemaw or your girlfriend or your wife or *whoever* is responsible for begetting this level of entitlement-mindedness in you, and see if they won't do the Peat research for you, since *someone* has evidently done almost everything for you in your life up 'til now.

But I changed my mind and deleted that post. :twisted:

Aside from that, @Drareg 's link is a good one. You might start there, or tell whoever does the "non-responsible" stuff in your life for you to start there.

OP
D

dao123

Okay, I've climbed down out of the belltower a little bit, so I'll 'splain since you seem to be a little tone-deaf.

Your original post comes across as arrogant, demanding, and entitlement-minded. You imply that contemptible "dank memes" :?: :?: on this forum don't have any "real responsibilities" therefore SOMEONE here is supposed to spend their time researching and writing a [oxymoron alert!] comprehensive, concise, easy-to-use primer for fixing yourself a la Peat philosophy...all so that you can spend your precious time on your avowed "real responsibilities" that you assume no one but you has.

Not a 'tude that inspires the goodwill necessary to get people to help you, brah.

Fixing your health is typically difficult, time-consuming, and expensive. It's very difficult because everybody is so different, not everything works the same for everyone. But fixing your health can be very, very rewarding if you are willing to spend the time and effort to do it. It's not yet clear that you are. By extension, then, it's unclear if you're worth taking the time to help at this point. Maybe later, if you stick around.

My suggestion in my deleted post was that you go to your mom or your Meemaw or your girlfriend or your wife or *whoever* is responsible for begetting this level of entitlement-mindedness in you, and see if they won't do the Peat research for you, since *someone* has evidently done almost everything for you in your life up 'til now.

But I changed my mind and deleted that post. :twisted:

Aside from that, @Drareg 's link is a good one. You might start there, or tell whoever does the "non-responsible" stuff in your life for you to start there.

You figured me all out. Mother, girlfriend... the whole deal.

I had an issue with someone that ignored my words and implied that I didn't think it was worth my time to do the research. My initial response to Haidut was overly charged. I said as much and I offered apologies.
You must have read that, yet you were still moved to go in. For the record this exchange took place on another thread, and there are a few posts missing.
So I'll just say once more that I admit that my response to Haidut was inappropriate. I was and am in a rather desperate situation. However, that is not an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaguar43

I think this forum can seem complicate. There is a lot going on here.

My best advice is to read Ray Peat's articles. You can read little a day. In my opinion, his thyroid stuff isn't very difficult to understand. His other stuff is more complex. But I would recommend this articles.

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

One you finish reading them I think you will have a little better understanding of the whole situation.

OP
D

dao123

I think this forums can seem complicate. There is a lot going on here.

My best advice is to read Ray Peat's articles. You can read little a day. In my opinion, his thyroid stuff isn't very difficult to understand. His other stuff is more complex. But I would recommend this articles.

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

One you finish reading them I think you will have a little better understanding of the whole situation.
Thank you so much man!

What-a-Riot

In case you don't know how to do a site search on Google, you put in the search bar 'site:raypeatforum.com whatever your search term' without the quotes. It works a lot better than using the forum search

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals