How do I cure or drastically reduce allergies?

dervmai

progress
I need any tips for long term reduction of allergies. Any and all tips are appreciated. Trying to understand why one has allergies... the pathways that cause an inflammatory reaction and how to reduce it. If it is caused by food sensitivities, what is the cause of food sensitivities? If it is due to an irritated gut... how do you fix it.... I'm trying to understand the root causes and how you should approach it.

I need any tips for long term reduction of allergies. Any and all tips are appreciated. Trying to understand why one has allergies... the pathways that cause an inflammatory reaction and how to reduce it. If it is caused by food sensitivities, what is the cause of food sensitivities? If it is due to an irritated gut... how do you fix it.... I'm trying to understand the root causes and how you should approach it.
My histamine issues were from a few foods I did not know about, like pork, chicken and brown rice, but most of my issues came from environment, fluoride and supplements. Once I addressed everything and fixed my sleep, my health turned around and now I have no issues.

Ray Peat said caffeine, sugar and salt are good antihistamines, and all three I use liberally and they have made a big difference, and got me off Claratin. I never could tolerate Benadryl.

mostlylurking

Good questions! I resolved my gut leakiness via magnesium and thiamine. I use magnesium glycinate, about 3 grams/day = 400mg magnesium. I also use thiamine hcl, 1 gram 2Xday. My hypersensitivity to a ridiculous number of foods and also chemicals and air borne allergens have also pretty much gone away. I should add that I have also gotten my thyroid medication optimized with the help of a good endcrinologist. Thyroid and thiamine are needed for good oxidative metabolism which creates the energy (ATP) the body needs to heal itself.

-paste-
Ruminant animals are generally fed with starch-rich grain as the main energy source, and the incidence of metabolic diseases such as subacute ruminal acidosis is high due to the intensive farming. Previous study suggested that subacute ruminal acidosis may be associated with thiamine deficiency. However, few attention was paid to the intestinal system of goats. The present study showed that thiamine supplemented in diet can reduce intestinal inflammation, improve intestinal antioxidant capacity, and play an important role in maintaining intestinal structure and intestinal microflora recovery, and is of great significance in the treatment of subacute ruminal acidosis.
-end paste-

-paste-
  • Thiamine is a key component in the metabolism of glucose, both for energy production and in the pentose phosphate pathway. A lack of thiamine means that glucose cannot be metabolized through the oxidative pathway and instead is fermented into lactate.
  • Thiamine is essential for the nervous system function - it facilitates the nerve transmission and is required for production of neurotransmitters GABA, glutamate, aspartate, and acetylcholine.
  • Thiamine deficiency can be induced by excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates and "empty calories".
  • Gut motility, stomach acid and digestive enzyme secretion, and regulation of the intestinal barrier are governed by the vagus nerve, which is a component of the autonomic nervous system.
  • The lower parts of the brain responsible for autonomic nervous system coordination are highly sensitive to thiamine deficiency.
  • Thiamine deficiency can lead to autonomic nervous system dysfunction, abnormal vagal tone, and lower acetylcholine synthesis.
  • Autonomic dysfunction can induce all of the symptoms associated with SIBO and should be considered in cases where traditional therapies are ineffective.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Good questions! I resolved my gut leakiness via magnesium and thiamine. I use magnesium glycinate, about 3 grams/day = 400mg magnesium. I also use thiamine hcl, 1 gram 2Xday. My hypersensitivity to a ridiculous number of foods and also chemicals and air borne allergens have also pretty much gone away. I should add that I have also gotten my thyroid medication optimized with the help of a good endcrinologist. Thyroid and thiamine are needed for good oxidative metabolism which creates the energy (ATP) the body needs to heal itself.

-paste-
Ruminant animals are generally fed with starch-rich grain as the main energy source, and the incidence of metabolic diseases such as subacute ruminal acidosis is high due to the intensive farming. Previous study suggested that subacute ruminal acidosis may be associated with thiamine deficiency. However, few attention was paid to the intestinal system of goats. The present study showed that thiamine supplemented in diet can reduce intestinal inflammation, improve intestinal antioxidant capacity, and play an important role in maintaining intestinal structure and intestinal microflora recovery, and is of great significance in the treatment of subacute ruminal acidosis.
-end paste-

-paste-
  • Thiamine is a key component in the metabolism of glucose, both for energy production and in the pentose phosphate pathway. A lack of thiamine means that glucose cannot be metabolized through the oxidative pathway and instead is fermented into lactate.
  • Thiamine is essential for the nervous system function - it facilitates the nerve transmission and is required for production of neurotransmitters GABA, glutamate, aspartate, and acetylcholine.
  • Thiamine deficiency can be induced by excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates and "empty calories".
  • Gut motility, stomach acid and digestive enzyme secretion, and regulation of the intestinal barrier are governed by the vagus nerve, which is a component of the autonomic nervous system.
  • The lower parts of the brain responsible for autonomic nervous system coordination are highly sensitive to thiamine deficiency.
  • Thiamine deficiency can lead to autonomic nervous system dysfunction, abnormal vagal tone, and lower acetylcholine synthesis.
  • Autonomic dysfunction can induce all of the symptoms associated with SIBO and should be considered in cases where traditional therapies are ineffective.
Thank you very much!

I have been taking thiamine for a like 2 months now. Decently high doses like 500 mg. As you know, I also have been taking thyroid for a good while now, 6 or so months.

The sad thing is I have been getting more histamine like symptoms. I stopped cyproheptadine for 2-3 days now since I have an upcoming appt with an allergist to see if I can diagnose myself as either high histamine or low histamine and maybe get a DOA test to see if I am deficient. Also seeing if she will order some mold toxicity tests since I found lots of mold in my room that could be contributing to my histamine like symptoms. I basically have been sneezing a lot! Like yesterday night I sneezed like 6 times in a row which I have never done haha.

Trying to figure out why my histamine issues are getting worse despite me being on a completely different diet and trying to fix metabolism via thyroid.

My 3 theories so far are this- my root canal infection, the mold in my room, and me possibly having a bacterial infection....

I asked Danny about me possibly having SIBO and dysbiosis but he shrugged it off since I didn't have loose stools.... however there is methane SIBO as well as candida that cause constipation...

I tried carnivore for like 6 months. My bowel movements were horribleee. I thought it was normal.... I was pooping like once every 3 days.

Possible that any bacterial infection I did have got much worse? Due to even slower bowel movements causing my stool to purify and for bacteria to overgrow and for endotoxins to wreak havoc on my gut lining. I had constipation before this as well, I would have a bowel movement every 2 or so days. Process of elimination is leading me towards bacterial overgrowth....

I have a question for you. In regards to the gut microbiome. Thiamine and thyroid aid in repairing of the gut wall, but what about probiotics??

Ray has a different view than mainstream health, and that is that it is better to have a clean gut than a diverse gut... But what about the case of an already present dysbiosis of some sort? An imbalance of good bacteria and bad bacteria... antibiotics nukes the gut biome, but what if the new formation of gut bacteria is still unbalanced? How does one control the growth of good bacteria? Considering I still only have 1 bowel movement a day (I'm not complaining... this is a big improvement for me) and that people aim to try to have 2-3 a day. Could even having 1 bowel movement a day be a slow enough transit time for the bad bacteria to overgrow again?? He doesn't seem to like probiotics.... which is where the dilemma arises.... since my other research outside of Ray is telling me I need a diverse bacteria composition in my gut (of good bacteria, which is key)... and it makes sense.... probiotics would help shift the balance of bacteria, especially those that control the growth of bad bacteria. I know Ray wasn't fond of many probiotics, but he did seem to like megasporebiotics.... Danny also says he likes it and that it helped him in the past when dealing with bacterial overgrowth.

Not sure how familiar you are with probiotics and bacterial overgrowths but I am always interested in your opinion, you seem very knowledgeable. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on metabolism and endotoxin in the Ray Peat community, but not enough in terms of probiotics.... I think Ray is trying to say that metabolism is what is the underlying cause of SIBO and other bacterial overgrowths , however if in a postion like myself, where I am still working towards optimal thyroid status.... can antibiotics and a lack of focus on probiotics and gut microbiome composition be detrimental? Could it possibly explain why I feel like I'm getting worse? My thyroid health has improved but not enough... but my microbiome composition got worse somehow? I was still eating a lot of meat, so I was kind of still carnivore... I just added more fruit and veggies very recently, like the past month only. Also I think my liver health was getting worse due to high sat fat, which I have started to lower like a week ago.... plus my tooth infection was getting worse and the mold probably was making things worse..... Your thoughts? I really appreciate it if you read all this.

mostlylurking

The sad thing is I have been getting more histamine like symptoms. I stopped cyproheptadine for 2-3 days now since I have an upcoming appt with an allergist to see if I can diagnose myself as either high histamine or low histamine and maybe get a DOA test to see if I am deficient. Also seeing if she will order some mold toxicity tests since I found lots of mold in my room that could be contributing to my histamine like symptoms. I basically have been sneezing a lot! Like yesterday night I sneezed like 6 times in a row which I have never done haha.
From your history it is reasonable to discern that your immune system is overwhelmed. Your body cannot heal itself when your immune system is overwhelmed. You need to address the problem from both sides. #1 Remove all toxins from your environment. If you cannot remove the toxins, then you must remove yourself and relocate to a safer, more health promoting environment. Your environment includes your surroundings AND what your put in your mouth, including the water you drink.

When your immune system is overwhelmed pretty much EVERYTHING will set it off. I've been there, it's not fun. I nearly died. The detox doctor did not know what had caused my severe illness; the diagnosis in my records said "Acquired Immune Deficiency". The doctor told me that his method of treating me was to get the load off of my overwhelmed immune system so my body could heal itself. The tests showed that all of my white blood cells were too immature to do their job. All of my viruses that I had accumulated over my lifetime had reactivated and had exploded in population. I had the highest Epstein Barr titer the detox doctor had ever seen; he had been practicing medicine for many years; he was 65 at the time of my illness.

The doctor did not waste time trying to learn what had happened to me; he immediately went to work detoxing me via EDTA chelation IVs to remove my heavy metals load off of my immune system, vitamins by IV and oral supplementation, hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments, restricted diet that excluded all carbs. When the results from the ALCAT food sensitivity test came back, all the foods that I tested sensitive to were also removed from my diet. I remember throwing out almost all my food supply at home, along with all my personal care products. We also got our well water tested for possible contamination. I was not allowed to go back to work for 6 months. It took me 2 years to recover.
Trying to figure out why my histamine issues are getting worse despite me being on a completely different diet and trying to fix metabolism via thyroid.
You're still breathing the same air, right?
My 3 theories so far are this- my root canal infection, the mold in my room, and me possibly having a bacterial infection....
If your immune system is overwhelmed by infection/air born mold spores, etc. it won't have anything left to mount a defense against a bacterial infection.
I have a question for you. In regards to the gut microbiome. Thiamine and thyroid aid in repairing of the gut wall, but what about probiotics??
please read this whole article:
-paste-
There are many different commercially available preparations of probiotics advertised online. The arguments presented are confusing. Some preparations offer the “best bacteria” while others indicate that a wide complement of organisms is required. The research so far suggests that the complete microbiome provides the diversity that meets health requirements and its loss of bacterial components that leads to loss of its efficiency. Since the total complement of organisms in a healthy microbiomes is still unknown, supplementation with a probiotic may or may not have any effect.

It is indeed difficult for us to grasp the fact that our bodies are constructed from between 70 and 100 trillion single-celled organisms, all of which have to cooperate with each other. There is an increasing understanding that our health depends also on single-celled organisms that live in our intestines. We depend on them and they depend on us, a symbiotic relationship. Since they require thiamine as well as their host, it underlines the essential nature of appropriate nutrition. As our knowledge increases concerning our place in world life, we must be collectively insane not to recognize the responsibilities offered to us by evolution. We keep trying to destroy ourselves as well as the world in which we live. The nature of nutrition may emerge as the most important item in the preservation of human health.
-end paste-

Ray has a different view than mainstream health, and that is that it is better to have a clean gut than a diverse gut... But what about the case of an already present dysbiosis of some sort? An imbalance of good bacteria and bad bacteria... antibiotics nukes the gut biome, but what if the new formation of gut bacteria is still unbalanced? How does one control the growth of good bacteria?
It was my own experience that when I focused on taking high dose thiamine hcl and eating a healthy diet my gut bacteria normalized. My gut bacteria had been wiped out via several different antibiotics taken over a period of three months to combat a urinary tract infection. My gut was a real mess for months. Things got back to normal without any bacterial micromanagement from me.
Considering I still only have 1 bowel movement a day (I'm not complaining... this is a big improvement for me) and that people aim to try to have 2-3 a day. Could even having 1 bowel movement a day be a slow enough transit time for the bad bacteria to overgrow again??
I'd stop focusing on the gut bacteria issue and instead focus on removing the toxins from your environment, including your cavities and root canal infection which are quite likely a big part of the burden on your immune system.

Also I think my liver health was getting worse due to high sat fat, which I have started to lower like a week ago....
The same toxin load that is overwhelming your immune system is overwhelming your liver. Your liver is a MAJOR part of your immune system.
plus my tooth infection was getting worse and the mold probably was making things worse..... Your thoughts?
I think you need an intervention. You need to take action to correct these serious issues that are threatening your life.

Last edited:

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
From your history it is reasonable to discern that your immune system is overwhelmed. Your body cannot heal itself when your immune system is overwhelmed. You need to address the problem from both sides. #1 Remove all toxins from your environment. If you cannot remove the toxins, then you must remove yourself and relocate to a safer, more health promoting environment. Your environment includes your surroundings AND what your put in your mouth, including the water you drink.

When your immune system is overwhelmed pretty much EVERYTHING will set it off. I've been there, it's not fun. I nearly died. The detox doctor did not know what had caused my severe illness; the diagnosis in my records said "Acquired Immune Deficiency". The doctor told me that his method of treating me was to get the load off of my overwhelmed immune system. The tests showed that all of my white blood cells were too immature to do their job. All of my viruses that I had accumulated over my lifetime had reactivated and had exploded in population. I had the highest Epstein Barr titer the detox doctor had ever seen; he had been practicing medicine for many years; he was 65 at the time of my illness.

The doctor did not waste time trying to learn what had happened to me; he immediately went to work detoxing me via EDTA chelation IVs to remove my heavy metals load off of my immune system, vitamins by IV and oral supplementation, hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments, restricted diet that excluded all carbs. When the results from the ALCAT food sensitivity test came back, all the foods that I tested sensitive to were also removed from my diet. I remember throwing out almost all my food supply at home, along with all my personal care products. We also got our well water tested for possible contamination. I was not allowed to go back to work for 6 months. It took me 2 years to recover.

You're still breathing the same air, right?

If your immune system is overwhelmed by infection/air born mold spores, etc. it won't have anything left to mount a defense against a bacterial infection.

please read this whole article:
-paste-
There are many different commercially available preparations of probiotics advertised online. The arguments presented are confusing. Some preparations offer the “best bacteria” while others indicate that a wide complement of organisms is required. The research so far suggests that the complete microbiome provides the diversity that meets health requirements and its loss of bacterial components that leads to loss of its efficiency. Since the total complement of organisms in a healthy microbiomes is still unknown, supplementation with a probiotic may or may not have any effect.

It is indeed difficult for us to grasp the fact that our bodies are constructed from between 70 and 100 trillion single-celled organisms, all of which have to cooperate with each other. There is an increasing understanding that our health depends also on single-celled organisms that live in our intestines. We depend on them and they depend on us, a symbiotic relationship. Since they require thiamine as well as their host, it underlines the essential nature of appropriate nutrition. As our knowledge increases concerning our place in world life, we must be collectively insane not to recognize the responsibilities offered to us by evolution. We keep trying to destroy ourselves as well as the world in which we live. The nature of nutrition may emerge as the most important item in the preservation of human health.
-end paste-

It was my own experience that when I focused on taking high dose thiamine hcl and eating a healthy diet my gut bacteria normalized. My gut bacteria had been wiped out via several different antibiotics taken over a period of three months to combat a urinary tract infection. My gut was a real mess for months. Things got back to normal without any bacterial micromanagement from me.

I'd stop focusing on the gut bacteria issue and instead focus on removing the toxins from your environment, including your cavities and root canal infection which are quite likely a big part of the burden on your immune system.

The same toxin load that is overwhelming your immune system is overwhelming your liver. Your liver is a MAJOR part of your immune system.

I think you need an intervention. You need to take action to correct these serious issues that are threatening your life.
Please post contact info for the doctor you used to detox and get healthy. Thank you!

mostlylurking

Please post contact info for the doctor you used to detox and get healthy. Thank you!
Dr. Archer, San Antonio, Texas. He was 65 in 1995-1996. He retired shortly after my recovery. He was affiliated with this organization: Welcome To Orthomolecular.org He explained to me that he practiced orthomolecular medicine to treat me on the cellular level. They have a list of practitioners on their site here.

Disclaimer: let the patient beware. Not all doctors are created equal. I was chelated with EDTA by IV again by another doctor in 2014. I did not fare well from the treatment. I've since learned that it is recommended that the doctor determine the patient's thiamine status BEFORE chelating them because chelating a thiamine deficient person can cause death. I didn't die but I did get rheumatoid arthritis and could not finish the series of 40 treatments. In 1995, Dr. Archer insisted that I take 16 big b-complex pills daily which included 1600mg of thiamine daily; I think he just assumed I was deficient as heavy metal toxicity depletes thiamine.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
How long did this take you think?
I have the extraction in about 2 weeks. I got rid of all the visible mold I can see, and I am running an air filter currently in hopes of getting rid of the spores if they were in the air. I also plan on using vinegar on my room walls and floors. So hopefully I can get rid of the main toxins.

Do you think I should give the probiotics a try though? I still am trying to work my way up towards my optimal thyroid dose. I tried t4 but reacted negatively to it, think due to a sluggish liver.

mostlylurking

How long did this take you think?
I got sicker and sicker June 2020-September 2020. I started taking thiamine hcl, 300mg, 2Xday mid October 2020. I increased the dose each time I felt like I needed more, about every 7-10 days. By mid January 2021, I was up to 750 mg, 2Xday. Although I was feeling better by that time, I was still pooping little squiggles which meant that my intestine was still swollen and inflamed. I found Dr. Costantini's website end of January 2021 and decided to follow his protocol which recommended I take 1 gram of thiamine hcl, 2Xday. Within 2 days on that dose my digestive tract normalized and I started pooping normally. I could also swallow and my peristalsis worked in my esophagus and I had enough stomach acid to digest my food. Problems with these things had plagued me for at least 20 years.
I have the extraction in about 2 weeks. I got rid of all the visible mold I can see, and I am running an air filter currently in hopes of getting rid of the spores if they were in the air. I also plan on using vinegar on my room walls and floors. So hopefully I can get rid of the main toxins.
It is important that the dentist ream out the socket to healthy bone so that the hole fills in properly and you don't wind up with a cavitation (hole in your jaw bone that gets infected).

Did you get rid of the mold throughout the house or just in your bedroom? Mold is really terrible stuff.
Do you think I should give the probiotics a try though? I still am trying to work my way up towards my optimal thyroid dose. I tried t4 but reacted negatively to it, think due to a sluggish liver.
I personally think probiotics are a waste of time. I'm sure some on this forum would disagree.

Unless you are working with a good doctor (preferably an experienced endocrinologist) and are getting full panel thyroid blood tests every 6-8 weeks to monitor your T4, free T3, reverse T3, and TSH, as you slowly increase your dose of thyroid supplement over time, you are flying blind.

When I went through getting my thyroid medication optimized with my endo, it took 9 months of stair-stepping the dose up, waiting 6-8 weeks, getting blood work to determine the response, then increasing the dose yet again. Rinse, repeat. It takes time to get the body to relax and stop running on adrenaline and rely on thyroid supplements instead. Again, I'm sure some on this forum would disagree.

Ecureuil77

Hi,

Just for the record, Thiamine is a mast cell activator and causes massive histamine release in sensitive people. I suffer from MCAS and can only take small doses of Benfotiamine. The worst form is Thiamine HCL.

See list of mast cell triggers on the Canadian mastocytosis society site:

Hope that helps.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Hi,

Just for the record, Thiamine is a mast cell activator and causes massive histamine release in sensitive people. I suffer from MCAS and can only take small doses of Benfotiamine. The worst form is Thiamine HCL.

Hope that helps.
But I am deficient in b1..... @mostlylurking what do I do?

mostlylurking

Hi,

Hope that helps.
Do you have any corroborating evidence other than this one source? I can't find anything. I'm pretty good at researching on line. Searching for ""thiamine" and "mast cells"" yields this:

-paste-
"A large increase in the number and percentage of degranulating mast cells was observed within thalamus of rats after 6-7 days of thiamine deficiency (TD)."
-end paste-
In other words, thiamine DEFICIENCY seems to result in degranulating mast cells. There are multiple reports on this same study but I cannot find anything that corroborates the info at the link you posted.

also, Symptoms of MCAS search yielded this:
-paste-
MCAS symptoms are often episodic or wax and wane (meaning that they go and come back) and their severity can fluctuate over time.
Symptoms can include:
  • dermatologic (skin) symptoms: such as flushing/redness, hives or wheals, itching with or without a rash, swelling
  • gastrointestinal (digestive system) symptoms: such as bloating, stomach pain/cramps, reflux, nausea, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, constipation, dumping syndrome
  • respiratory (lungs & breathing) symptoms: such as sore throat, hoarseness, wheezing, shortness of breath, throat swelling, stridor
  • cardiovascular (heart & blood vessels) symptoms: such as chest pain, low blood pressure, fast heart rate, fainting or light headedness
  • naso-ocular (nose & eyes) symptoms: such as nose congestion, eye watering and itching
  • neurological (brain & nerves) problems: such as headache, brain fog (memory or concentration difficulties), numbness, pain or tingling skin, anxiety, behavioural issues, rages
  • musculoskeletal (bones & muscles) issues: such as joint and muscle pain, osteoporosis (brittle bones), loss of bone mass
  • genital and urinary issues: such as genital pain or swelling, pain when urinating, vaginal pain, discharge or itching, bladder urgency or loss of control
  • extreme tiredness
  • food allergies or intolerances
  • anaphylaxis

mostlylurking

But I am deficient in b1..... @mostlylurking what do I do?
I am not a doctor. I am a stranger posting under a pseudonym on an internet forum. It is not in your best interest to blindly take advice from strangers on an internet forum. It is important that you do your own research and take responsibility for your health decisions because your life depends upon it.

You are the only one who can discern what makes you feel better because you are inside your body all by yourself. You need to learn to listen to your body.

Please see my response to @Ecureuil77 above.

Ecureuil77

Do you have any corroborating evidence other than this one source? I can't find anything. I'm pretty good at researching on line. Searching for ""thiamine" and "mast cells"" yields this:

-paste-
"A large increase in the number and percentage of degranulating mast cells was observed within thalamus of rats after 6-7 days of thiamine deficiency (TD)."
-end paste-
In other words, thiamine DEFICIENCY seems to result in degranulating mast cells. There are multiple reports on this same study but I cannot find anything that corroborates the info at the link you posted.

also, Symptoms of MCAS search yielded this:
-paste-
MCAS symptoms are often episodic or wax and wane (meaning that they go and come back) and their severity can fluctuate over time.
Symptoms can include:
  • dermatologic (skin) symptoms: such as flushing/redness, hives or wheals, itching with or without a rash, swelling
  • gastrointestinal (digestive system) symptoms: such as bloating, stomach pain/cramps, reflux, nausea, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, constipation, dumping syndrome
  • respiratory (lungs & breathing) symptoms: such as sore throat, hoarseness, wheezing, shortness of breath, throat swelling, stridor
  • cardiovascular (heart & blood vessels) symptoms: such as chest pain, low blood pressure, fast heart rate, fainting or light headedness
  • naso-ocular (nose & eyes) symptoms: such as nose congestion, eye watering and itching
  • neurological (brain & nerves) problems: such as headache, brain fog (memory or concentration difficulties), numbness, pain or tingling skin, anxiety, behavioural issues, rages
  • musculoskeletal (bones & muscles) issues: such as joint and muscle pain, osteoporosis (brittle bones), loss of bone mass
  • genital and urinary issues: such as genital pain or swelling, pain when urinating, vaginal pain, discharge or itching, bladder urgency or loss of control
  • extreme tiredness
  • food allergies or intolerances
  • anaphylaxis

I'm no longer doing any research into MCAS, since I've suffered from it for over 40 years and know my triggers. B1 is only of them and I share this with many other MCAS patients. I don't know what the Mast Society source is for it, but they're absolutely correct!

There are many studies about substances that degranulate or do not degranulate mast cells, but those are mostly in vitro. Real life is different and one the hallmarks of this disease is inconsistency. Our mast cells misbehave all the time and symptoms are different for every person. I was pointing out about B1 because it was something dervmai was taking in high amounts. Sometimes it just takes one person to notice the solution, you never know.

mostlylurking

I'm no longer doing any research into MCAS, since I've suffered from it for over 40 years and know my triggers. B1 is only of them and I share this with many other MCAS patients. I don't know what the Mast Society source is for it, but they're absolutely correct!

There are many studies about substances that degranulate or do not degranulate mast cells, but those are mostly in vitro. Real life is different and one the hallmarks of this disease is inconsistency. Our mast cells misbehave all the time and symptoms are different for every person. I was pointing out about B1 because it was something dervmai was taking in high amounts. Sometimes it just takes one person to notice the solution, you never know.
There are many variables. Everyone is a little different; partly from genetics but I think mainly from the toxin load each of us carries. Even so, there are some major similarities, the major one that I have found to be the most helpful for me to focus on is optimizing oxidative metabolism. The body can correct many health problems if it has the energy (ATP) and the necessary nutrients available.

The body's immune system can only handle so much before it gets overwhelmed. Obvious problems like dental issues and visible environmental mold should be addressed when they are discovered so that the immune system's load can be lightened and the body has the chance to heal itself.

Mast cells release histamine and other unfortunate things when triggered. The key is to learn what is triggering them so that it can be addressed. One thing that caused my own severe allergic reactions to just about everything was my toxic load of heavy metals, including mercury from mercury amalgam fillings. Mercury, and also lead, deplete the body's thiamine. Thiamine deficiency throws a major wrench in oxidative metabolism which is the creation of energy (ATP) from glucose in the mitochondria. Poor oxidative metabolism cripples the immune system. Without ATP the body cannot function on the cellular level. Researchers are now learning that high dose thiamine can resolve many physical ailments because it acts as a metabolic stimulant. Of course there is a limit to what thiamine, even at pharmacological doses, can do. Care must be taken to address other vitamin deficiencies that can occur when oxidative metabolism is increased. Improving the body's function on the cellular level increases the use of other vitamins too.

@dervmai knows that he has dental problems that include probable infection from a root canal gone bad. I suspect that he will feel a whole lot better and experience major healing when he gets the dental problem properly addressed.

Here's some information about mast cell degranulation that I think that @dervmai may find of interest:
-paste-

Mast Cells and Immunoglobulin E​

Mast cell degranulation is also a major factor in periodontal disease. Degranulation results in the release of inflammatory mediators (e.g., histamine, prostaglandins, leukotrienes, kinins, serotonin, heparin, and serine proteases). Mast cell degranulation can be initiated by IgE complexes, complement components, mechanical trauma, endotoxins, and free radicals. The finding of increased IgE concentrations in the gingivae of patients with periodontal disease suggests that allergic reactions may be a factor in the progression of the disease in some patients, especially those with atopic disease.3
-end paste-

Ray Peat talked about the problem of endotoxin a great deal. However, the focus was always on the endotoxin coming from the bacterial load in the intestine that can find its way into the blood stream. Endotoxin, which is released from bacteria, can also come from an infection in the mouth when bacteria are living in the tissue in and around a rotten tooth or cavitation.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

How are you deficient if you’ve taken 500mg for months?
Right. And for many people (including me) they get high acetylcholine/histamine symptoms from taking thiamine, sometimes even in smaller doses.

I‘d deeply investigate the mold issue, as this can easily cause those problems.

1700399764280.jpeg

@aniciete You had similiar issues with mold if I remember correctly? Or am I mistaken.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals