Allergy Ignorance, ADD, And Safe Supplements

lefthanded

Is it possible to be allergic to something without being aware of the allergy? In other words, how intense do allergies typically have to be before individuals can determine (without paying for tests) that they are allergic to something?

My daily experience allows me to assume I do not suffer from allergies in a meaningful way. I don't have any major food allergies, at least none that keep me from eating whatever I want. I do have mild hay-fever, but it hasn't bothered me in the past several weeks, and had a very mild reaction to latex once in the last several years.

From what I have gathered the trace materials in VCO can cause problems for susceptible individuals. I have only used VCO for the past several of years and haven't had overt symptoms (rash, bloating, anything visible) but am beginning to believe my mental fog/ADD may be partially caused by the unrefined oil or supplement additives.

I have not used coconut oil on a daily basis for the past couple of weeks. I have also substantially reduced my daily supplement routine over the last couple of days and I do not feel noticeably different. I used to take 10+ g of C, 2g B3, custom multivitamin, zinc, selenium, etc. Now I am taking aspirin, K, E, B12 and a multivitamin with very few additives.

From what I have gathered the additives in readily available supplements generally harm more than they heal. Also, all manufactured supplements will contain some contaminants. What purity is required for supplements to be worth the effort and money? Are sites like PureBulk and PowderCity viable options? Sigma Aldrich?

Last edited:

Birdie

I often check Dan Wich's site, toxinless. I used to check each supplement on my own. This is a time saver.

DaveFoster

I'm learning that even supplements without additives cause allergic reactions.

Larger amounts of B-vits, even if free from additives will still cause some degree of irritation. Slight itchyness, watery eyes, etc.

With the exception of ultra-pure supplements (IdeaLabs sources from Sigma Aldrich, for example) I don't think it's a net gain unless you take an antihistamine. Even then, I still don't know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals