How can you distinguish between water weight and fat ?

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone

I am wondering how much fat vs water retention I keep in my body… I am in full recovery from under eating and low carb diets so I think I am gaining water weight AND fat, and that is really ok. Just curious about how to distinguish one from the other 🧐 I can’t find any articles about it so if you could help me with that… I’d be grateful ! Thanks ♥️

Peatful

Extremely rudimentary:
Water weight quick
Fat slow

But don’t fear fat as you heal

It will come off effortlessly (mostly) once your metabolism is strong and hormones balanced

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Extremely rudimentary:
Water weight quick
Fat slow

But don’t fear fat as you heal

It will come off effortlessly (mostly) once your metabolism is strong and hormones balanced
Ok ! Do you know if the test of "pinching" is accurate ? I've heard that when you pinch your skin (and catch the most of it) you can see the difference between fat and water. Since fat is not vascularized, the pinch should leave white stains. Otherwise, Water weight should leave red stains ... It seems pretty silly but why not 😆

Sorry for my bad english by the way, I'm a French cat !

Peatful

Ok ! Do you know if the test of "pinching" is accurate ? I've heard that when you pinch your skin (and catch the most of it) you can see the difference between fat and water. Since fat is not vascularized, the pinch should leave white stains. Otherwise, Water weight should leave red stains ... It seems pretty silly but why not 😆

Sorry for my bad english by the way, I'm a French cat !
No
I do not know anything about that

I personally would not do anything like that while healing

You focus on wholeness
Wellness
Trust
Not water vs fat

tasfarelel

DEXA scan or hydrostatic weighting can both give you some information about fat mass and fat-free mass. The fat-free mass will be everything like muscles, water, etc.

Otherwise, if your hands, feets, and face look swollen - you may have excessive water weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals